What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

RCF

Strata Poster
That's definitely track. It's obviously not a straight piece but a pullout from a drop maybe?

andrus

Giga Poster
That's the old intamin boxtrack and not the new one used on Intimidator 305 and Formula Rossa. Not that it's a bad thing though, the old track is sexier imho!

jokerman

Giga Poster
Don't the different types of track have different amounts of supports? If so, they might have gone wih this so that they can have those awesome themed supports.

Either that, or this was designed before the new track was brought out. That's probably more likely.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well since the new track was built on rides that have a lot of speed (305, Rossa) so maybe this won't be going like, insanely fast hence the old box track. I don't care though, I love the old box track.

RCF

Strata Poster
He means like Kingda Ka and Stealth and Dragster and the other accelerators. Hence why we just explained that it's different than the track from 305 and Rossa.

andrus

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
Either that, or this was designed before the new track was brought out. That's probably more likely.
I do think this as well. I'm pretty certain that the new track was supposed to be both stronger and cheaper to build (don't have any source for this though).

A

Anonymous

^ That's what was said about the new system in the ECC magazine anyway.
But I agree with you that the old quad-track looks a lot better.

Also about that image, that part is definitely for a top part of a hill, it's laying upside down at the moment, the bolt holes close on the corners are adjacent to the running rails, thus top of a hill.
This would mean that it's finally official known that this is an Intamin...

Snoo

The Legend
^Where are the evidence of that? Not coming off as an ass.. I've just seen a few different elements with those holes.

A

Anonymous

^ You mean the holes?
Well it's the usual way that Intamin attaches their track pieces, also the small peg in the middle of the running rail is to easier line up it to the next track piece.
I had a second look at that image, and judging by the circular hole pattern on the big plate at the "top", then this will be a transition piece between tri and quad-track :)

andrus

Giga Poster
Yes it is.

Looks pretty interesting. A little bit much "dead" track if this is parts of the real layout. But the trenches look cool and it looks really fast! :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
That looks intense! Nice headchoppers and close proximity to objects as well as a few hills! Awesome.