What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

Casio

Mega Poster
It's a Rita clone!

The world first being that it's the first '3rd in a line of accelerator clones'

But seriously, I doubt he's actually saying it will be 60mph, more likely he's just using that as it's a common phrase, and hints at there being a launch.

They can't really advertise it as being fast if there are already 3 other coasters as fast or faster surely?

marc

CF Legend
Unless Rita has had a massive extension in the past 6 months!, this is nothing like it at all. Its about 5 times the size of Rita.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Casio said:
It's a Rita clone!

The world first being that it's the first '3rd in a line of accelerator clones'

But seriously, I doubt he's actually saying it will be 60mph, more likely he's just using that as it's a common phrase, and hints at there being a launch.

They can't really advertise it as being fast if there are already 3 other coasters as fast or faster surely?

I'm guessing the 0-60 is more of a reference to acceleration. He would have said "things are moving at 60 mph" or whatever if he was refering to speed alone.

marc

CF Legend
I cannot find anything anywhere that says this will be the fastest tallest coaster in the world :)

I think what it is though is the fastest coaster in Florida and the longest?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Basing the speed off of the rumored name, Cheetaka, I think it would be safe to say that the ride will have a top speed of at least 70 mph. That is what a Cheetah can be clocked at in the wild.

RCF

Strata Poster
Did anyone notice the paw prints in the dirt pile? Or the sign that said "no need to RUSH"?

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Yeah, there's lots of little secrets in that video.

Like some of the blurs as he's in front of the crown colony house:

bgtteaser1.jpg

bgtteaser2.jpg

CMonster

Giga Poster
Apparently, over at Orlando United, one of the members released a bunch of pictures of plans and concept art for this ride. I only got to see a couple of the pictures, as they got removed, but I'm working on seeing the rest.

Some main things are:

The supports are shown as themed, with like banners and designs on them and stuff, kinda looking like the Jungala theming.

Right after the station and the 270 degree right hand turn, there is a straightaway that will be the first launch, leading into the figure eight thing. (plans for reference) This figure eight will be like a tall twisty element instead of low to the ground turns (picture Ring-Racer's turnaround).

The name Cheetaka is all but confirmed, as the picture of the rethemed facade of the building has a sign with the name on it.

Unfortunately, I cannot post these images publicly in case of any legal issues, but I do have them if anybody wants to see them.

CMonster

Giga Poster
SnooSnoo said:
http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=4271&page=4

There. Look toward the bottom of the page. Now we're good. :)

Oh, sweet, I haven't seen all of those...

I think I would have seen that if I posted on Atari more than once a year, unlike some people. :wink:

Mike T

Mega Poster
The guy who released those images is about to get himself into a world of trouble. Heed warning CoasterForce, I wouldn't copy/paste those on here if I were you.

Just looking out for you guys :)

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Is it because they're copywrited, or private, or something?

I figured as much, hence my not posting them.