What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

Nic

Strata Poster
Is there anything onsite yet apart from holes in the ground? Anything exciting like, y'know track or anything?

Nic

Strata Poster
lol! I was gonna say "wake me up when the fun stuff arrives" but, perhaps Furie's right.... perhaps there's already plenty of fun stuff around :)

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
the president sent this video to behind the magic and attractions magazine
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4yqHW6xlg&playnext=1&videos=x3zPEZPj_uE&feature=sub[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
Accelerate through curiosity?
Moving fast around here...

Oh C'mon, even the GP will know he means a launch lol.

I like the fact that he mentions they will be combining the close-encounters with the animals and the thrills of a coaster type of thing. This could turn out VERY interesting indeed!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Barrel roll over cheetah exhibit, high enough that they couldn't climb something and get the riders, but low enough to make it feel that way for the riders. Or, a drop into the exhibit, surrounded by see through walls so you could, in theory, "running with the cheetahs."

Regardless, I think I may be making a trip to Florida next summer.

CMonster

Giga Poster
New update at BGTGuide.

Looks like they're starting on the station footers...

Screamscape also reported getting the video, with a changed intro. Wonder when the next hint's coming... :)

CMonster

Giga Poster
From Tbad556 over at OrlandoUnited:

From Busch Gardens Tampa's Facebook page:
Who's ready for another round of clues as to what's coming to BG in Spring 2011? Monday is National Roller Coaster Day, which seems like the perfect time to launch another new video. Tune in then for some more hints!

For quite possibly the first time in my life, I can't wait till Monday! :wink:

ArronL94

Roller Poster
I'm going to florida next summer! Definatley looking forward at what this ride has to offer, bring it on!

Lofty

CF Legend
The only different hints they have released is the 0-60 part. It's looking pretty interesting. May be going to Fl in April. I hope it's open by then!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know this ride is meant to have more than one launch, but there was a bit of me hoping it was going to be a bit quicker that 60mph. It just seems slow for coasters these days.

Having said that, I'm still excited to see what they can pull off.

Snoo

The Legend
60mph still can get going if you get the right setting. Hell, Maverick is 70mph and it feels MUCH faster.

RCF

Strata Poster
So if you're going to be passing animals and different settings it'll probably seem like you're really flying around that track.