What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

Snoo

The Legend
Of course, Busch has never been one to try untested technology.. simply bigger versions. Sheikra, for example, was simply Oblivion on steroids. I have a feeling this will be like Cali Scream/Maverick.. simply on steroids. Wing Walkers, from everything I've heard, have been overall disappointing.. with problems with reliability (which came with the accelerator) and roughness.

Can it be adapted to the LSM's? Who knows.

Better image..

2011_bgt_coaster_layout_3.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
This ride is most likely to be manufactured by Intamin. Some guy over at TPR said that he had seen "Wollerau" on the blueprints, the adress of Intamins headquarters in Switzerland.

I can't see it myself though, but what I do can see is the text "nach oben" which is german and means that it'll be a manufacturer from a german speaking country. That mean that it can be Intamin (from the german speaking parts of Switzerland), Mack, Gerstlauer or Maurer Söhne. So that rules out some of the earlier mentioned candidates like Premier Rides and B&M (from the frensh speaking parts of Switzerland).

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
It seems unlikely considering there are none of them in the Orlando area, but from the plans this does looks like its something Intamin would do.

I'd always assumed the wingwalker was an Orlando-proof ride, assuming it is perfected. I would love to see that built in that area.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Will it be called Cheetaka?

BGTGuide and Screamscape.

I really hope not! One, it sounds too similar with Cheetah Chase, and two, I hope that it has a name like the rest of the coasters, maybe in an African language or something like that.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I hate to triple post, but there is a new update as Kumba has been getting some love lately.

This update at BGTGuide nicely shows the work being done.

A type of anti-rust spray has been put on the track, and it looks as new as when it first opened. And, for (I think) the first time, the rails themselves are being painted!

Yeah, so, discuss and all that.

Jools

Giga Poster
Wow, this looks awesome, it's got Maverick genes in there, so most likely be Intamin, an origional looking layout too :)

Hopes it's going to be called Duma (Cheetah in Swahili).

marc

CF Legend
I liked Rino Rally, but many people say it was never the same after the accident.

Will they even run it now the water section has gone?

Its great they are painting Kumba, it needs it.

Looking forward to this new coaster.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Kumba looks fantastic with it's updated paint, the rails looks really good. The construction work seems to be coming along nicely as well.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^^ I heard a rumor somewhere that they might extend it and have more animal interaction. It's still kinda fun even without the water part... kinda. :p

andrus

Giga Poster
Wow! And this coaster ain't supposed to be finished until next year? :? Well, always nice to see progress! :--D If they keep up this pace we'll soon know for sure which manufacturer this coaster will have (intamin :p).

CMonster

Giga Poster
Sorry for the DP, but an exciting new update!

FOOTERS!!!!

Yeah, that's right, here at RCPro.

Along with some more stuff, plus the new Australian area Walkabout Way.

Should this be moved to Ride Construction now?