What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

andrus

Giga Poster
The new word is "POWER". I aree that the straight section over the water looks a little bit odd..

A

Anonymous

I would guess on some kind of water splash, either with scoops or nozzles, or it would be a really boring section there...

CMonster

Giga Poster
Well... I don't think anybody would be able to see it... and it would go straight into a launch basically, which is kinda pointless.

Looking at the plans of the train again, I don't see any scoops, unless they aren't shown in the picture I have. They could do a Manta-esque, "fake" splash, but again, I don't think there's a viewing area or anything.

Xpress

Strata Poster
OR... perhaps they could put in a straight section of track to kill off the speed, and completely annoy everyone... :roll:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^But they're making most of the canyons... aren't they?

CMonster

Giga Poster
I'm pretty sure they're reusing the Rhino Rally canyons... seeing as they're already there and such. The canyons in the fourth video really follow the canyons already there, especially the waterfall and the trick track section afterwards.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Oh, well there you go then! I never claimed to be an expert! I didn't even know Rhino Rally had gone (which is a shame, because I thought it was quite good actually), shows how much I know about what's going on here.

I'm sure there is reasoning behind all this, we'll just have to wait and see.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Yeah, it's the same ride, just without the whole water portion. So, at that fork thing, instead of going left into the water area, the cars go left straight to the station.

Oh, and from Screamscape:

Meanwhile BGT has confirmed that an announcement about the 2011 attraction will be made first on their official Facebook page on the morning of October 13th.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Press release about next Wednesday:

jedimaster from TPR said:
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us this press release to confirm that their new attraction will be announced via Facebook next week.

Next week, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Discovery Cove in Orlando will both announce major new attractions coming to the parks in 2011.

But this message will be shared in a different way than many of the parks’ previous new attraction announcements. In an effort to grow and support its eager online Fan base, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove will announce the new attractions on their Facebook pages FIRST via video messages from the parks’ executives the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 13.

Details, images and video footage will be shared with the media via WebCargo a short time later, at 10 a.m. from Busch Gardens and 10:30 a.m. from Discovery Cove. Reporters are also invited to participate in a live-stream Q&A about the Busch Gardens project at 11 a.m.

Those interested in participating in this 30-minute “virtual press conference” will be able to submit questions through Twitter @buschgardens, or via email at BGT.PR@buschgardens.com. The video event will be hosted on the SeaWorld Parks blog site, http://www.SeaWorldParksBlog.com

Busch Gardens park president Jim Dean will field questions about the new attraction – which Busch Gardens is calling a combination of up-close animal interaction and high-speed thrill ride – with the help of the vice president of Zoological Operations, Mike Boos, and the corporate director of Rides & Engineering, Mike Denninger.

Dean and Boos, along with Discovery Cove vice president Stewart Clark, will also be available for telephone or on-camera interviews the afternoon of the announcement.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Wow, with that last video this ride keeps getting better and better. The layout looks so random and I love the look of that turn by the waterfall into crazy banking transitions. Looks great.

andrus

Giga Poster
http://www.buschgardens2011.com/
This time the code is: "SPEED"

There seems to be some kind of bug on BGT webpage though since the fith part at the moment is the exact same as the first one.. Hope they fix it soon because I really want to se what the final track looks like! Now!! :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Yeah I noticed the bug earlier. Beaten by 3 mins dam! Hopefully they can get it up soon. Kinda excited!

Ollie

CF Legend
On mine the 5th clip started off the same as the 4th but when the train went through that long trick track section it showed the whole train going through then panned up to the sky and said don't miss our major announcement on Wednesday October 13th.