What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Screamscape has posted this picture:

db_2009_0623_Flags11.jpg

I DID NOT see any of these flags when I was there. I don't know if they took them out already or what, but I didn't see them.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Went to CP today and happened to get a few shots with my phone, so the pictures arent the greatest...

UNDER BRAKERUN:
IMG00086-20090711-2054.jpg

NEXT TO QUEUE:
IMG00087-20090711-2109.jpg

IMG00088-20090711-2109.jpg

OTHER SIDE OF QUEUE:
IMG00089-20090711-2109.jpg

EXIT RAMP:
IMG00090-20090711-2119.jpg

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Ya right.. I don't think anything will make Wicked Twister better.. Because it's crap and always will be :p .

They could pull off both twists and make 'em straight.

Linear Gale > 'standard' Intamuck impulse coaster > Wicked Twister

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Screamscape said:
(7/13/09) There has been a little fuss around the Cedar Creek Mine Train and nearby Train with the discovery of what some believe to be two new ride footers. You can see photos of these two objects posted to CoasterFusion, however I’ve also been told that if you look closely they say “Ohio Edison” on then, the name of the local power company. So clearly these are not footers… but it does give the impression the park is making some improvements to their power grid in this area for some reason.

See... there are people that are worse than me! HAHA

CMonster

Giga Poster
Guy from coaster fusion said:
Lance from Screamscape told me that these are not footers but for electricity. Ohio Edison is a power company out here. However, this is still good news, why would Cedar Point be enhancing their power grid over by the Cedar Creek Mine Ride?

Wow, even when they figure out they're not footers, they still think CP's building something. :lol:

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
Wasn't he talking about actaul concrete pads already installed by the train, or was he talking about the flags as well?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm pretty sure he was just talking about the pads, but he could probably mix the two together. Whether they're for a new ride or not, I wouldn't be surprised if they're related or for the same thing. They may just be running some new electrical lines and replacing old ones...

A

Anonymous

I hope this will be a new water ride of some sort. They really need a good new water ride and it would be the perfect location for one.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Well, to me, it looks like we might as well throw all rumors and thoughts of a new ride out the window. Matt, might have actually been right this whole time:

NBP761.jpg

Anyone recognize where this sign is? I can't quite figure out that building...

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Well here is a little update:

IMG00157-20090717-1919.jpg

Family Care Center sign with the new Halloweekends attraction:

IMG00158-20090717-1919.jpg

Dick Kinzels old office is to the left at the end of the far building:

IMG00160-20090717-1920.jpg

IMG00161-20090717-1921.jpg

So, it looks like this is where the old CF offices used to be. Now, they are going to become a Haunted House. There are already noises being played by this general area.

ALSO, there have been more flag spottings. I will have to head over sometime to see what I can find. I will try to keep everyone updated on the mysterious construction in the back.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That is the old financial building, a building that goes way back in Cedar Point history, which will be used for a new haunted house as the sign reads.

Right now they are busy bringing the building up to proper code and getting the building cleared by the historical society for use.

Something that's really cool is at night they have some flickering lights and strobes inside those windows that periodically shine with cracks of thunder. I was able to check it out just last night and it already makes me excited for Halloweekends.

Pharoah's Secret may also have met its demise and may be replaced this year as well. I have heard from friends that construction is underway, which would partially explain why they have shut down that portion of Disaster Transport's line. Pharoah's Secret had its hay day, but it would be good to see a refresh.

Project 2010 tidbit, apparently Dick Kinzel has been quoted as saying the addition for 2010 was originally meant for 2009. Other than that, Justin's flag frenzy has it covered. :razz: