What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

CMonster

Giga Poster
I just have to ask, what's the big deal about aquatrax coasters? I mean, anytime anyone says something outlandish about what a coaster's going to be, it involves an aquatrax. :?

^ Because back a few years ago when Maverick wasn't announced yet, EVERYONE was arguing that it was going to be an aquatrax, for god knows how many pages. Then we realized we were all wrong once it was announced :p .

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Although speculation by Robb Alvey when he compared Maverick to Atlantis Adventure pointed out that Maverick could have originally been an Aqua Trax, but was later changed.

^Although speculation by Robb Alvey when he compared Maverick to Atlantis Adventure pointed out that Maverick could have originally been an Aqua Trax, but was later changed.

You mean, last minute change or something? HIGHLY doubt it, especially when park's expansions are known years and years in advance.. They can't just switch something from being an Aquatrax to something else just because they felt like it.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Because back a few years ago when Maverick wasn't announced yet, EVERYONE was arguing that it was going to be an aquatrax, for god knows how many pages. Then we realized we were all wrong once it was announced :p .

That, and I suppose since there is only one other in the world. And Cedar Point is running out of coaster types to install.

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
Well, now CP's fueling the speculation.

Aquatrax would make a lot of business sense...CP hasn't had a new water ride in a while, but people also want a coaster. On the other hand, compared to what KD seems to have coming, it's almost disappointing.

That, and I suppose since there is only one other in the world. And Cedar Point is running out of coaster types to install.

Not really.. They could get a dive machine, floorless, sit down, eurofighter, aquatrax, etc. Obviously this is just theoretical, but they're definitely not running out of stuff to install.

Aquatrax would make a lot of business sense...CP hasn't had a new water ride in a while, but people also want a coaster. On the other hand, compared to what KD seems to have coming, it's almost disappointing.

Yeah, KD is getting a Giga, you're not gonna get any better than that in 2010 for Cedar Point I don't think :p . But yes an Aquatrax would make sense especially with the speculated removal of Snake River Falls, so that'd be yet another water ride gone. But, not gonna just assume **** until there is more evidence/construction.

PLCP

Mega Poster
When the addition is new drinking fountains and benches for Frontiertown, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:

Not really.. They could get a dive machine, floorless, sit down, eurofighter, aquatrax, etc. Obviously this is just theoretical, but they're definitely not running out of stuff to install.

True, but there is no real point in getting a floorless when they already have a stand-up, they are very similar rides in terms of layouts.

Eurofighter would be a no considering the low capacity, I don't think it would do well at CP.

Dive machine could be a possibility, but they already have two coasters with vertical drops, TTD and Maverick. You could even count Demon Drop in there. So that's 3, and even if Maverick and TTD are not focused around those drops, it just seems silly to get another Vertical drop. Tis point also rules out a Eurofighter.

A flyer would be different to most things they already have, but I can't really see CP getting one.

jokerman

Giga Poster
That's the thing. The only things that Cedar point could get that would be different would be different would be a flyer (which I just can't see fitting in for some reason) or an aquatrax.

With all the others they are either too low capacity, or too similiar to rides already at th park. People would just look at them and say "that's the same as that other ride over there".

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I fail to see how a dive machine could even be compared to Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster. Maverick is beyond vertical, and the drop is over almost before it's started. Top Thrill Dragster's drop is ruined by the twist. A dive machine is 90* for quite a while, and has a holding brake at the top. It would be a completely different experience.

Also, Even though a flyer, and aqua trax, and a dive machine(arguably) are the only three types of unique coasters CP doesn't have, what about a nice wooden coaster? The last wooden coaster that CP built is now eighteen years old, and **** streak sucks! Blue Streak, as classic as it is, isn't anything special. A nice GCI twister or a GG airtime machine like RFII, would be a nice addition, especially with Millennium Flyers or even Timberliner trains.

Lastly, I've said this before, and I'll say it again. After riding El Toro, I find it even more retarded that even though CP has been in bed with Intamin for a decade, they refuse to build a plug n' play.

Dave

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:

Aqua Trax have been going on since 2003, as I remember jokingly saying that The Flume was going to be a Aqua Trax. Its always been the joke when it comes to speculation.

Arly, if you'll notice in my post, I said these are the things Cedar Point doesn't have, not that I think they're going to get. I was just simply naming things they don't have.. I don't actually think they're going to get a dive machine.. Haha.

what about a nice wooden coaster?

I don't think it'll happen, but out of any coaster type in the world, I'd prefer them to get that.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Arly, if you'll notice in my post, I said these are the things Cedar Point doesn't have, not that I think they're going to get. I was just simply naming things they don't have.. I don't actually think they're going to get a dive machine.. Haha.

I know, I was just making a point. :--D

But a nice big Plug n' Play would be good.