What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

rollerdude said:
It doesn't even have to be one ride. They might put multiple rides in that area. It might not be in one year, but I can see them doing that over maybe three or four years.
Thats also true. But the thing is, was GCI not surveying CP last season? Correct me if I am wrong, but it only makes sense. CP has not added a B&M coaster since Mantis in 1996. Cedar Fair did however just add in Prowler, which is a GCI. Makes me think a little bit.

Also, even though Cedar Point may not be on good terms with B&M, there was Behemoth at CW in '08, then Diamondback at KI in '09, who knows, maybe CP will get some sort of B&M coaster within the next year. Being that they already have Magnum, I doubt they would get another Hyper, but there is always a possibility for a Flier or something else.

Who knows, only time will tell. I am just throwing things out there.

^Per marketing, budgeting and stereotypical-GP-point-of-view, yes. The retracked ThunderCoaster was marketed as heavily improved by TusenFryd. Experience-wise, it was the same as lobotomy, but appearently, it worked. But as I don't think Mean Streak could get much worse without deliberately making it so, so I guess it counts as an improvement.

Homer said:
Aquatrax. Mark my words in 2007 Cedar Point will get an Aquatrax.
Cedar Point is in a really good relationship with Intamin at the moment, so I wouldn't put it past CP to get one. Plus, Screamscape did say:
2010 - New Attractions - Speculation - (11/10/08) A reader tells us that the latest edition of Ace News mentions that Cedar Point, “still hasn’t made it official, but expect an epic flume ride from Intamin which will surely boast world records of some kind.” While I haven’t heard a peep myself lately and the Intamin connection is almost surprising since Knott’s is said to be considering removing Perilous Plunge (Intamin), this does make sense. Back in late 2005 when White Water Landing was removed the park did mention that they were looking into some new flume ride designs for a future project.

So who knows? Intamin Log Flume or Aquatrax?

I think we're starting to take speculation and misguided information as established fact and trying to elaborate on nothing more than 2 painted lines on the ground.

Justin said:
Also, even though Cedar Point may not be on good terms with B&M, there was Behemoth at CW in '08, then Diamondback at KI in '09, who knows, maybe CP will get some sort of B&M coaster within the next year.
False.

Cedar Point and Cedar Fair are on perfectly good terms with B&M (and every other manufacturer) and have never been on any bad terms.

Just because a park does not build from a manufacturer for an extended period of time does not mean they are on "bad terms".

Intamin has been the manufacturer that curtails to Cedar Point's wanted specifications best. The same as B&M and GCI have for other Cedar Fair parks.

Cedar Point is on perfect terms with B&M.

Justin said:
But the thing is, was GCI not surveying CP last season?
No, GCI was spotted surveying Mean Streak with Cedar Fair CEO Dick Kinzel.

This leads one to believe possible negotiations of GCI retrack work for Mean Streak work, but nothing has officially precipitated thus far.

Steve, portions of Mean Streak is revamped every year by in-house Cedar Point maintenance, but GCI has yet to be called in to do that work.

Justin said:
Here is what I came up with. If I remember correctly, there was some markings by Mine Ride last season. Makes me wonder a little bit
And remember the markings on the Frontier Trail two years ago? Or the markings on the Wicked Twister midway last year?

Markings mean jack ****. There is nothing to run off of with them and they should be totally disregarded.

In the end, all that is known is that Cedar Point has cleared trees on Millennium Island. That is it!

No aquatrax, no B&M flying coasters, nothing has indicated anything.

I know it's nothing to get excited about, but was the "revamping" of the Mean Streak any more extensive than these past years? And, is it enough to notice when you ride it?

Doubt it.

The ride sucks the whole course, not just certain sections. You can notice where they have revamped certain parts of the track, and those are usually noticeable.

QWRTYkid said:
I know it's nothing to get excited about, but was the "revamping" of the Mean Streak any more extensive than these past years? And, is it enough to notice when you ride it?
Not really.

The retrack work is done to replace old wood and prevent dry rot, not to make the ride smoother.

UC said:
A few hundred feet of new track is a revamp?

Yes, especially when it’s rumored to be the beginning of a couple years’ worth of rehabs for a ride.

Tell me, do you think before you post? Or do you just think you can show me I’m wrong on something based on one of your stupid mis-conceptions?

Obviously I do think. When I hear the word revamp, I expect something like what SFOT is going to do to Texas Giant. To me, a couple hundred feet of track, that isn't even known about to most of the world, does not sound like what I would expect for a revamp. Unlike Texas, where there have been news reports(hidden link) on Texas Giant, I haven't seen any news on Mean Streak's retrack other than the blog.

And there you go again thinking that just because I post in response, I'm trying to take a personal shot at you. Get over it. I see nothing in that question that is in any way against you. But thank you so very much for taking a fraction of a second to read my post and another five seconds to respond to it.

Honestly, I think if I owned a forum, I'd immediately lock any topic about Cedar Point.

There is reliable information out there if people are interested, and 99.999% of all CP topics devolve into rampant fanboyism / flamewars.

^It's going to happen regardless. At least with this topic we can keep it all in one place. If and when a new coaster/ride is officially announced, then a separate, "real" topic for it will be fine. Until then, let the fanboys have their fun.

Well I was at Cedar Point over the weekend and there is a lot going on on "The Island." Nothing to do with Terror Island though, as everything is still in its place. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just a lot of land leveling and A LOT of missing trees. Other than that, I will try and keep everyone updated when I happen to make it over there again.

^ How is there a lot going on if you didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and everything was still in its place? :razz:

And how were the new industrial sized hair dryers by Snake River Falls? :lol:

Hyde244 said:
^ How is there a lot going on if you didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and everything was still in its place? :razz:
Because there were no trees in the area. They have it completely cleared of trees. Thats how.

Hyde244 said:
And how were the new industrial sized hair dryers by Snake River Falls? :lol:
Didn't even go by them.

Also, when I was at Cedar Point on Saturday, I noticed a sign in Mavericks queue line. Here is one from MF:

IMG_9686.jpg

For only $9 even, you get unlimited drinks with this lovely thing:

IMG_9715.jpg

IT IS A MUST HAVE. It saved me money on drinks.

Then we have the jumping fountains:

IMG_9691.jpg

AND lovely new trash cans:

IMG_9692.jpg

^ That's expensive for pop, kind of. Like, I can't even drink more than one pop a day anyways.

I still can't get over the removal of that fountain. It was like, an icon of the park entrance.

Is that where the cool round fountain thing used to be? Looked like a ball of water sort of thing?

If so, BOO. That new thing is hideous and tacky!

Even Blackpool Pleasure Beach done a better job than that :(

It looks very Butlins tbh which is a shame would have thought they could do a better job.

Still want to go there though :) hehe