What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Ben

CF Legend
This may be a stupid question, but, wouldn't a Halloween attraction also require cutting across the railway etc.?

Obviously it would only be temporary as opposed to permanent like a ride, but, isn't the same problem there, just shorter...?

Or am I mis-reading somewhere?

Snoo

The Legend
Ben has a point, no matter what they are doing, they are going to be messing with the railway/paddlewheel excursions in some sort of way..

But doing something for Halloween.. before the season even starts.. doesn't fit any park I've ever known. Even the BEST fear fests don't do that.. and that is a LARGE chunk of land to waste on something which only lasts 1/8th of the season.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
UC said:
And "lol" to Justin, who undoubtedly is now going to have to delete the massive file of "evidence" to "prove" that CP is getting a new record breaking coaster.
What are you talking about Steve?

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
UC said:
^That file thing you put together for the last time they did any sort of construction.

I think you sent it to me...
Well I have no file. I'm too busy for that. I work two jobs and go to school full time, plus manage a realationship. I don't have time for the stupid little things I used to do, plus I think I have grown out of my "fan-boyism" if thats what you wanted to call it.

Anyways, I wouldn't think that they would start this early on something for Halloweekends. Also, if it wasn't something on a bigger note, why did they delete the blog. If it was just a storage unit, then why was the blog deleted. Just some food for thought.

Ben

CF Legend
Also, if it wasn't something on a nigger note, why did they delete the blog.

*insert inappropiate snigger*

I still don't think changing routes of railways would be an issue if they really had to - if Thorpe can do it, I think a park that's actually half-decent could!

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Ben said:
I still don't think changing routes of railways would be an issue if they really had to - if Thorpe can do it, I think a park that's actually half-decent could!
They did it for Maverick... Why not for something else?

Error

Strata Poster
My money's on storage now, due to remembering something back when I was working there.

If you've ridden MF enough, you'll find some old rides (kiddie rides, most likely from Geagua Lake) stored out there in the open. Also, the stage space up above the mine ride has some of the old signage from the park (Head Spin, X-Flight, Steel Venom, ETC.) stored up there as well. My guess is they're saving it for later when they built something, then use an old sign and repaint it and claim it's brand new. After all, our water coolers were all from their old rides, as was our clipboards (Calypso had Villian's stuff). But, that's just my guess.

Hell, it might be Big Dipper for all we know...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ben said:
This may be a stupid question, but, wouldn't a Halloween attraction also require cutting across the railway etc.?

Obviously it would only be temporary as opposed to permanent like a ride, but, isn't the same problem there, just shorter...?

Or am I mis-reading somewhere?
Let me explain.

Terror Island is a Halloween haunt that takes place on Millennium Island. In order to get guests over to the island, a bridge is built across from the Paddlewheel Excursion station, which indeed shuts down the ride for Halloweekends.

So yes, there is already a Halloween attraction on the island that cuts across the boat ride (Paddlewheel Excursion).

All I am hypothesizing is an expansion of this halloween attraction.

Now, to answer Marcus,

SnooSnoo said:
But doing something for Halloween.. before the season even starts.. doesn't fit any park I've ever known. Even the BEST fear fests don't do that.. and that is a LARGE chunk of land to waste on something which only lasts 1/8th of the season.
This OnPoint blog was removed because a higher Cedar Point executive thought its content was not suitable after it had been posted.

Running with the Halloweekends theory, this would make sense, as Cedar Point obviosuly does not want to begin discussion of Halloweekends until they are partially through the season.

That is why the blog would be pulled, as there were second thoughts of mentioning CP's Halloween event this early in the season.

I am simply just trying to elaborate on the news of further development of Cedar Point's Halloween event.

Snoo

The Legend
Meh.. where is your proof Hyde?

TBH, I'd never heard of any major expansion of Halloweekends aside from shrinkage..

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
It is not too much a stretch of the imagination to envision a coaster (for sake of argument) being built on the island and crossing over the water without impeding Paddlewheel Excursion or changing the path of the train and has the station and portion of the ride off the island between Snake River Falls and Mantis making a bridge unnecessary. Especially if Snake River Falls is eventually removed as is rumored.

At this point I don't think we have much to go on. I was kind of hoping this topic would have been held off until at least the park opened.

Snoo

The Legend
^Cedar Point fanboys never lose hope.. never give up.. never surrender. :p

And he does have a point.. coasters can be made over water.. as is evident with MF's hills.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
Meh.. where is your proof Hyde?

TBH, I'd never heard of any major expansion of Halloweekends aside from shrinkage..
Cedar Point's 2009 pamphlets give a haunt count that is one less than last year.

Nothing official has been released on any expansions of Halloweekends, but I have heard this from park staff involved with Halloweekends. Take it as you will.

Of course a coaster/ride could be built partially on Millennium Island, we have already seen this with MF.

My point is that a ride will not be solely built on Millennium Island.

Snoo

The Legend
No.. I wasn't asking for proof of one less haunt, I've seen that, I wanted proof of some expansion. ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In that case, you just have to trust me and my sources. :razz:

Error

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
Just ask the Lemon Chill Guy. He'll give you all the info you need!

Have you learned nothing? That man has no true knowledge of the park.

The hat rack guy has the greatest wisdom.
DSCN1850.jpg