What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Snoo

The Legend
southend_marc said:
Sorry guys I was joking, was taking the piss out of what we got at Thorpe.

We know.. but he does have a point.. if it is a coaster.. it won't be anything with a tiny capacity.

You simply don't see signature rides at big parks with horrid capacity unless, of course, it is a badly run park.

marc

CF Legend
I dont really know that much about the park, I hold my hands up to that.

Looking through the ride list though it would not shock me if they got a Flyer at some point.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
SnooSnoo said:
Maverick had a lot more that needed to be done than just clearing a site of trees and placing footers. They had to remove a whole ride, all of that rides footers, most of the trees within that rides areas, and then move train tracks.

This is nothing but land clearing, similar to TTD.

But if this really is a wooden coaster, maybe they planned the schedule to allow for any time to slip behind schedule. Look when they started Terminator: Salvation, and it still isn't testing.

^Justin, it could've been for both. We just don't know at this time.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Aren't all the other water rides in this area? I seem to remember this part of the park being one where swim suits are allowed (or very near those 'no swimsuits beyond this point' signs) & considering they removed a water ride to make way for Maverick, why not add a replacement?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
UC, I know I'm playing with fire now, but I don't think we will see more record breakers at Cedar Point. Breaking a record is ridiculously expensive these days, and from what I know, Maverick pulled in as many guests as several of the record breakers did.

Furthermore, CP has coasters of nearly every type - except flying (someone said that a DM wasn't feasible) - but haven't built a woodie since Mean Streak, and let's face it, even most of the GP have seen and ridden better woodies than Mean Streak. Even though a GCI would look similiar to Mean Streak, they would still manage to get quite a pull from it, and may eventually be a good excuse to tear the sucker down without leaving a hole in the lineup.

I'm with the guys who exclude the Mega theory, an AquaTrax would be cool, but my stomach feeling (OK, the GCI rumours and all their supporters), tells me that this won't be it. This time.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
UC, I know I'm playing with fire now, but I don't think we will see more record breakers at Cedar Point. Breaking a record is ridiculously expensive these days, and from what I know, Maverick pulled in as many guests as several of the record breakers did.
This is true. Maverick pulled in just as many if not more people than TTD. BUT, Wicked Twister was a record breaker if I remember correctly. It was the first double twisting Impulse coaster. It may be a silly record, but it is something to brag about and it was a cheaper coaster. Who knows, maybe it will be the longest or tallest wooden coaster. Or MAYBE, just throwing this out there, the ONLY wooden roller coaster to have a loop. MAYBE, they figured out a feasible way to have a wooden roller coaster do a loop without doing damage to the track and supports. Who knows?

I am just throwing that out there, because at this point it could be anything. I mean for Christs sake, they added signs and LCD screens to the park entrance for the new thing this year along with a walkthrough lighting thin. It could just be a flat, or maybe a restaurant, or just landscaping. But at this point no one knows what is really going on besides Cedar Point. And they are going to keep it like that for awhile.

Snoo

The Legend
UC said:
Haha - I KNEW someone would bring that up. I left it out, though, hoping people would understand what I was getting at...

But now that you've brought up Maverick, I'll point out that the ride is very good, but CP fanboys would have you believe the ride is the best thing ever to grace the Earth - and that's not true at all.

It's still overrated.

I got your point but I just wanted to **** with you. :p

UC said:
I think people NEED to stop just jumping to the "ITZ A COSTR!" conclusion every time the grass is mowed at Cedar Point.

Has been a while since they added a new one tho. Seems to be the trend at CP.. add something big and new every few years (coaster wise) along with something decent sized in between (Skyhawk, Skyscraper.. ect ect.)

I expect SOMETHING in 2010. What will it be, a flat, water, coaster? Who knows..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Although illogical, another idea would be a dive machine with a water splash and other water effects. That way they could kill two birds with one stone.

And while we're(well, were) on the topic of records for wooden coasters, how about first overbanked turn? The Voyage has three 90 degree banked turns. Why can't they just angle the ledger a bit more so it's noticeable and wrap some support under it? Maybe they could mount it under a higher element's somewhere else in the layout. Just an idea...

Slash

Giga Poster
^ BUT THATS NOT UNIQUE ENOUGH FOR CP!!! OR LONG ENOUGH!!!
DUmbass....

I think its going to be a swimming pool. But a coaster going through the middle cause thats just how they roll...

TBH I don't think its going to be an coaster, more likely a flat or a water ride.

Snoo

The Legend
Do you have ANY idea what you are talking about slash? I vote no.

Anyways, couldn't be a swimming pool.. it is in the middle of no where in the woods.. and they have Soak City for swimming pools.. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I still don't get why everybody thinks it will be a flat ride. It's on Millennium Island. Are they going to build a bridge just for a flat ride? Doubt it. They'll build it in the middle of the midway, like maXair.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Exactly. It doesn't matter what midway it is, CP will find a way to fit a flat ride in the middle of it. They will reroute the midway around the ride if they have to.

Snoo

The Legend
Yes.. as they do have a huge history of doing that.. by the massive amounts evidence to support that claim.. everywhere..

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point is not building a ride in this location.

Such a ride would require a path to cut across the Paddlewheel Excursion and possibly CP & LE Railroad.

It simply isn't feasible.

Rather, a new storage facility would be ideal as it is a remote location out of view from majority of the park.

But, the concept that has the most merit out of all of them is an expansion of Terror Island for Halloweekends.

It has already been confirmed that Cedar Point will be losing a haunt this year, most likely Fear Faire which will be moved over to Dorney Park. It is also known that Cedar Point has drawn new plans for change for Halloweekends. Talking to one of the Halloweekend officials who has seen the plans, they said the plans are very exciting and will mark a great improvement for Cedar Point's Halloween event.

Expanding Terror Island would be phenomenal, especially if it were able to reach the length of Urgent Scare down at KI.

So no to a ride, yes to storage or Halloweekends expansion.