What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Snoo

The Legend
Meh.. Screamin Swings < 1st Gens.

I'd be extremely disappointed if this bad boy is gone.. even more so because I rode it yesterday.

^ Well at least you DID ride it yesterday.. Yesterday would be my last chance to ride it and I didn't even do it!

And it SHOULD replace the Screamin Swing.. Screamin Swings are soo whack.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OK, that's just wacky.

6F just BLEW ONE UP rather than sell or relocate one of these. I honestly don't nderstand why CF would change from trying to sell DD to moving it.
:?:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
By the way, could it be that it's just the structure of the ride that goes to Knott's? I know this is like installing Wii hardware in a NES, but what if they will just strip the tower, scrap the motors, cables, worn wheels and maybe even controlling system, send the structure and cars (across the country) to Knott's, where Intamin will install shiny new hardware for the ride?

On the other hand, the amount of money saved would be ridiculously low, so I guess it's going to be sent in all its rusty glory to CA. While CP now lacks a tower ride...

Snoo

The Legend
Nope.

There is a reason these rides are dieing.. the parts all have to be custom made because Intamin doesn't make them anymore.

Plus, Demon Drop is in fine working order.. and there really is nothing to change.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^SCREW you. Knotts is awesome, and is completely friendly regarding families.

And yay for Knotts :D We needed to get ride of that POS Screamin Swing.

I wonder why SFMM didn't just sell their demon drop to Knotts.. :?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^You think you can argue with somebody who's coaster count is 472, when you've been to what, Knott's, Magic Mountain, and Disney?

Demon Drop, while it's fun and all, is an unneeded ride at Cedar Point in my opinion. With Power Tower, it's useless.

Xpress

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
^You think you can argue with somebody who's coaster count is 472, when you've been to what, Knott's, Magic Mountain, and Disney?

Demon Drop, while it's fun and all, is an unneeded ride at Cedar Point in my opinion. With Power Tower, it's useless.

Regardless of the park, Knotts shall remain in my top list.

Snoo

The Legend
rollerdude said:

You do know how PT feels and the amazing amount of suck it blows all in your face right?

It doesn't mean you can't like a park though.. As much as I hate to defend Xpress.

Demon Drop has a WAY better freefall feeling.. Power Tower is scarier but, Demon Drop still gives you the drop tower sensation better than Power Tower does :p .

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:

Well my count is 924, and I completely agree with Xpress. So there.

Seriously? Coaster counts determine if someone's opinion is worthy?

It's that kind of elitist attitude makes me glad to not hang out with enthusiasts.
:roll:

For what it's worth, I think this is a bone-head move on CedarFair's part if it's true. They could have just sent Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall from Geauga Lake after they closed it, if they really wanted a 1st Gen Intamin Freefall at KBF.

^ Thunderhawk is the same thing as T2, yet one is decent enough and the other is suppose to be rough as ****. Just because two things have the same layout and function doesn't mean they both ride the same.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but what I was trying to say in regard to Xpress' comment was that he hasn't been outside of California. If he had a broader view on parks and coasters, his opinion would probably be different. That's what happened to me with Cedar Point. My coaster count has doubled and I don't think it's a good as it once was. If you still want to call it an elitist attitude, be my guest. That's just my view on it.

Also, I never said Power Tower was better. They're two rides that are very similar, so why have two? One is a lot newer and a lot larger, so with CP's 'bigger is better' belief, they're going to get rid of Demon Drop.

I need to stop posting when I'm tired so I don't have to explain everything in a second post like here...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^No worries, I just get snippy when I think people are being unkind. If that isn't how you meant it, then cool by me.

SnooSnoo said:
^MHNF was a horrible ride though.. while DD is actually a good ride.

DD gave me a headache after one ride.

Xpress

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but what I was trying to say in regard to Xpress' comment was that he hasn't been outside of California.

I've been to 2 parks OUTSIDE of California. First was Silverwood Theme Park/Boulderbeach Waterpark in Athol Idaho, and then the second was some wierd park in Arizona which had a few flats, and a couple steel I beam fairground coasters.

I am ALSO going to Johannesburg next year during summer (their winter) to Gold Reif City theme park, and plan to saty a couple days in Johannesburg.

Don't assume anything.