What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ That video makes me feel like I'm drowning. :lol:
Looks pretty good, with the waterfall and rocks with foaming water. Strange though that the biggest drop is first, although I guess the second drop might be more exciting cause of the rocks and rapids.

BTW, this thread should stay here, because it's the "official" Cedar Point rumor and news topic. That means the next time random flags pop up, someone can use this topic again.

Good story.

Thanks lovely! :p

You put [youtube] and [/youtube] either side of the link.

Dang I didn't know how to do that either.

Looking at that video though, it does make it look a bit better.. Definitely gonna be a soaking, with two splashes and then like, the waterfall and stuff.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The ride looks good, but I think it could've been designed better. If they would've reversed the direction of the ride, the layout would remain virtually the same, and the bigger drop would be last. Also, I would have liked if they had the elevator like on Pilgrim's Plunge instead of a lift like this. They could've had a taller drop this way. I don't know about the feasibility of the elevator though.

I'll still be riding it at least once.

Snoo

The Legend
Pilgrims has had problems all year. Hell, both times I went we rode it mid to late afternoon.. and were one of the first boats of the day.

I'm hoping this ride won't flow in that direction.. as it is costing $10 million (where?)

marc

CF Legend
Hydro was the same, I think it took near enough 10 mins to get 1 boat away in the end.

Hopefully they have sorted them problems out now, the slow loading times I think was cause by the deaths both rides had.

Pilgrims has had problems all year. Hell, both times I went we rode it mid to late afternoon.. and were one of the first boats of the day.

I'm hoping this ride won't flow in that direction.. as it is costing $10 million (where?)

Yeah, ten million does seem a bit steep.. Pilgrim's was a little over four million I think though, and this does have a bigger overall structure, and requires more land clearing I'm guessing. Plus, if they theme it well, that might factor into the cost.

Still, ten million doesn't seem right.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Remember though, not only is this ride on soft ground as it is, it's over a lagoon. The foundation will be pretty extensive. That's probably where a large chunk of cash is going.

A

Anonymous

You know what, I feel the need to say something here.

Cedar Point hyped up this announcement to no end, making it seem like they were getting a coaster. Hell, they dropped names like GCI. Yet, here is the announcement, a flume, and nobody is disappointed.
Fan boys BITCHED to no end about Intimidator 305 (a GIGA coaster), yet here comes good ol' Cedar Point with a flume ride and everyone is humping it. I honestly cannot understand it.

You complain about a massive 305 foot coaster that had some hype, yet are not disappointed with a highly hyped announcement that turned out to be a log flume. Not saying any one on here specifically, but more of a statement in general.

Now, I am not bashing CP at all for the addition. Matter of fact, I think this is a great addition to CP. That last drop into the rock work/rapids looks awesome! Definently happy to see CP starting to give families attractions to ride together after putting in big coaster after coaster.

I'm just finally seeing what other enthusiasts have told me, CP fanboys run the world.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Coast said:
You know what, I feel the need to say something here.

Cedar Point hyped up this announcement to no end, making it seem like they were getting a coaster. Hell, they dropped names like GCI. Yet, here is the announcement, a flume, and nobody is disappointed.
Fan boys BITCHED to no end about Intimidator 305 (a GIGA coaster), yet here comes good ol' Cedar Point with a flume ride and everyone is humping it. I honestly cannot understand it.

You complain about a massive 305 foot coaster that had some hype, yet are not disappointed with a highly hyped announcement that turned out to be a log flume. Not saying any one on here specifically, but more of a statement in general.

Now, I am not bashing CP at all for the addition. Matter of fact, I think this is a great addition to CP. That last drop into the rock work/rapids looks awesome! Definently happy to see CP starting to give families attractions to ride together after putting in big coaster after coaster.

I'm just finally seeing what other enthusiasts have told me, CP fanboys run the world.
Haha. This made me laugh...

See, all the hype brings in the GP, which is what CP is trying to do. There are alot more of the GP than there are us coaster enthusiasts. So why not aim for the bigger crowd? I am not saying that CP is trying to just bring in GP, because they are trying to attract all sort of different groups including us.

Get this, all this hype CP did attracted a hell of a lot of attention to the park. Something that brings in money. People that probably never heard of CP (Yes there are people like that, that have never heard of the place) saw it on the news about the "Whyte Lightning" moonshine bottle. It was broadcasted over all the major news stations in Ohio and I am sure some even in other states. Its all just a big advertisement thing.

Another thing you brought up. Intimidator 305. Yes, I think that personally that was a waste of ****ing money. What is the point of building a 305' coaster and not have it do something. If something is going to be that high, atleast add something to the ride. Millennium Forceless is the same way. Waste of money.

Also, the reason that most of us aren't upset is because CP needs a good water ride. I'm not sure if you have even been to CP before, but it lacks a good water ride. I was disappointed when CP took out WWL. It was not only a classic, but it was, IMO, CPs best water ride.

And finally, CP Fanboys don't run the world. End of story. We just love CP. Just like you would if you lived close enough to see it from your bedroom window. :p

Rush

Giga Poster
I have to say, I agree with Coast on this one.

Justin said:
See, all the hype brings in the GP, which is what CP is trying to do. There are alot more of the GP than there are us coaster enthusiasts. So why not aim for the bigger crowd? I am not saying that CP is trying to just bring in GP, because they are trying to attract all sort of different groups including us.

When did he mention at all it had anything to do with the GP? Yes, they're trying to advertise a new attraction but most of their updates were posted on a Facebook FAN page. Which FANS would look at when it's updated. They were for the fanboys, I can't think of many people who would know what a GCI or a B&M is.

Also the hype coming from the CP regulars. Take a look through these 30-odd pages, Justin and tell me you haven't been hyping it up yourself.

Get this, all this hype CP did attracted a hell of a lot of attention to the park. Something that brings in money. People that probably never heard of CP (Yes there are people like that, that have never heard of the place) saw it on the news about the "Whyte Lightning" moonshine bottle. It was broadcasted over all the major news stations in Ohio and I am sure some even in other states. Its all just a big advertisement thing.

To be honest, a news broadcast about a new ride at Cedar Point isn't going to get the GP wetting their pants in excitement. At most people will go 'oh cool, I wonder what it is' and then forget about it. I don't see it advertised on their site, I haven't heard of any signs or banners advertising it. Where's the hype coming from?

Another thing you brought up. Intimidator 305. Yes, I think that personally that was a ****ing waste of money. What is the point of building a 305' coaster and not have it do something. If something is going to be that high, atleast add something to the ride. Millennium Forceless is the same way. Waste of money.

Sorry, but log flume or 305 ft Giga coaster? Even if it does have flaws I'd pick the Giga coaster over the log flume in less than a second. I honestly think you're very deluded in making that judgement. These boats might have the over head restraint things like what Pilgrams has, I think that's kinda rubbish compared to the no restraints you get on traditional log flumes. (Again, bitching about restraints.)

Also, the reason that most of us aren't upset is because CP needs a good water ride. I'm not sure if you have even been to CP before, but it lacks a good water ride. I was disappointed when CP took out WWL. It was not only a classic, but it was, IMO, CPs best water ride.

Really? When Maverick was announced, weren't fanboys complaining it wasn't a record breaker and that they were disappointed with it? Yet everyone was anticipating a coaster only to be told it's a log flume and nobody's unhappy? I'd be disappointed if I thought my local park was getting something great and it's actually something less so.

I'm not saying it's a bad addition to the park, I actually think the park could do well with it and it doesn't look to bad; but I can't believe that you guys aren't disappointed in the slightest with it. :?

Snoo

The Legend
I have no problem with StR.. being that I've been on an Intamin Flume.. and that CP has been dieing to get a water ride for some time.

Plus.. who gives a **** about a water ride? All the hype has all but died.. meanwhile, every board I see, there are TONS of threads about I305.

StR = a minor flume.
I305 = 305ft Giga coaster, the first one since 2000.

Honestly? Any idiot can see why there is some bias, even if StR is at CP.

Coast, those were exactly my thoughts. It's like they hyped it up to be something more than it actually was, and though it got a lot of attention, doing something like that can surely lead to disappointment.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well,when you think about it, anything and EVERYTHING gets hyped up by CP, even if it's the most crappiest thing ever (which it will hardly ever be) but to compare it to I305, which is the first giga-coaster in technically a decade is a big deal, especially for a park like Kings Dominion. But I also have the view Coast had. When you hear about the first giga-coaster in 10 years, you're gonna expect it to be the greatest thing ever, or at least better than Millennium Forceless. Yet when CP hypes everything up and it's a flume (which I'm not hating it looks like it'll be a good ride don't get me wrong they do need a new water ride) no one gets disappointed because it's Cedar Point, the Roller Coaster Capital of the World. Of course people are gonna think if there's a bunch of hype, it's gonna be the best thing ever because of Cedar Point's reputation. Everyone just seems to shrug it off and say, "Meh, it's CP it's alright." Anyways........ this ride's gonna be pretty cool. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I wouldn't consider(at least this website) people glorifying this ride and bashing I305. Everybody is too busy arguing about I305's restraints and nobody is really talking about this anymore.

RCF

Strata Poster
^I know. I thought it would've been a continuous topic that led on till the ride actually opened but I guess not.

^ Well to be fair I doubt many people will really be rushing to opening day solely for the purpose of riding this thing.. Haha.

And people are still arguing about I305's restraints? Holy ****, get over it.

Snoo

The Legend
What else do you intend on talking about? How pretty the color scheme is? The hot topic is the restraints because this ride is being compared to the other tall and epic airtime machines (term used VERY loosely in some cases).. Millennium, the Mega-Lites, S:RoS'.. which all have lap bars.

In my opinion, judging by what I've heard from the mega-lite transitions, the restraints will pretty much make or break the ride. People who I've talked to who've been on Piraten said they expected NOTHING from the twisted hills.. and got epic air. Now, as we all know, T-Bar's aren't OTSR's.. so.. RESTRAINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

PS: Shut up Taylor.

A

Anonymous

Hey, look all I was saying is KD (the park) didn't hype at all (not a single Twitter hint or clue, for example) yet you are disappointed. Us fans created the hype. CP (the park, not the fans) hyped up the ride to no end, yet nobody is disappointed. Just an observation I had, really. I personally like the addition.

Snoo

The Legend
As I said.. compare the additions:

305ft Giga vs 85ft Flume

Even without the park hype, we will be more critical of one ride then the other.. irregardless of where they were being build.. being that more of us enjoy coasters than water rides.

I get what you are saying by your observation, but I think you are missing that critical point. When it comes down to it, we care more about the Giga than the Flume, simple as.