What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Error

Strata Poster
Thank you Puck, stop stealing my laptop.

Well, take a look at this:

The Gravity Group's Twitter said:
It's great weather here in California, and it's nice to see our friends: @Will_Koch, @SchlitterTweet, @SixFlags & @CedarPoint.

Hmm...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... CP marketing team keeps going, to dampen eventual disappointments from the enthusiasts? By tossing out new "clues", they distract us from bashing StR, instead making us hope for a new large coaster?

Or actual clue?

Joe, I don't think that means much.. I mean, I can't see them getting a coaster until 2012 now, after spending so much on this, but if they get one in 2011 then yay, but let's not look into things too much right now.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
One thing that gets me every time I go to Cedar Point is how they are awful at enforcing their smoking policy. Why even have designated smoking areas when you let people walk down the midway with cancer sticks blazing?

Error

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
One thing that gets me every time I go to Cedar Point is how they are awful at enforcing their smoking policy. Why even have designated smoking areas when you let people walk down the midway with cancer sticks blazing?

I actually got in trouble for telling people not to smoke. They said only security personal were allowed to do that. Annnnnd they don't want to. It's funny when someone lit a bush on fire next to Blue Streak.

Camera policy is also not strictly enforced.

marc

CF Legend
I dont get why people do that, when I am in Orlando or California I always go to the smoking area. They are not hard to find etc.

Snoo

The Legend
I don't think CP is doing that bad.. on my visits I rarely see a smoker doing it out in the open, and when it is, it's usually just a douchebag.

^ I've actually never seen any smokers in undesignated smoking areas. But, if one is smoking near me and I don't like it, I'll tell them, because **** it, they're not gonna wreck my health because of their dirty habit.

Snoo

The Legend
If it is blatantly annoying, like by me at a track meet, i'll bitch.. but one or two people out of thousands at an amusement park? Meh.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well I'll get peeved if they're like super close or in line with me (because a lot of people actually do) but if they're sprinkled around I really won't care.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I usually just quickly walk past people smoking, it gets annoying though if say you are going the same way they are or are in a queue as RCF said.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I don't know if it's just me, but I usually see groups of trailer trash walking down a midway and all of them are smoking. This happened quite a few times this past weekend while I was there. I never really noticed the problem at other parks as much, but that might be me...

I don't know if it's just me, but I usually see groups of trailer trash walking down a midway

Oh no, Cedar Point is turning into Great Adventure! Not that Great Adventure is a bad park or anything but, most of the people are less than amazing.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Nor as bad as Kings Island. That is the price you pay for being close to the Kentucky border. :razz:

DAMNIT I didn't get a last ride on it yesterday then.

Demon Drop is a classic, it will be so weird to see the entrance of the park without it.. Weird that a big park like Knotts is going to take such an old ride though.

DropZone99

Mega Poster
If true, this is a dumb move. Demon Drop needs alot of maintenance why relocate it? Shouldn't they remove it (I don't want them too, it's my favorite flat ride at CP but it makes sense to.) Well on Saturday I'll be sure to take many photos and ride DD A lot while at CP.

Rush

Giga Poster
I'm more upset it's replacing the Screamin' Swing at Knot's. :(

Oh well, at least it gives me a reason NOT to go back there.