What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Ben

CF Legend
Xpress said:
rollerdude said:
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but what I was trying to say in regard to Xpress' comment was that he hasn't been outside of California.

I've been to 2 parks OUTSIDE of California. First was Silverwood Theme Park/Boulderbeach Waterpark in Athol Idaho, and then the second was some wierd park in Arizona which had a few flats, and a couple steel I beam fairground coasters.

I am ALSO going to Johannesburg next year during summer (their winter) to Gold Reif City theme park, and plan to saty a couple days in Johannesburg.

Don't assume anything.

LOL. This made me laugh.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
One thing is for sure, this is not going to help with the front-of-the-park GCI woodie rumors. :razz:

Comeon CF! We are in the unique spot to be the first to start the gossip for 2011!

Snoo

The Legend
Oo.. god.. not those.

Although.. that would be epic.. but the lines.. lord the lines. I don't want to think.

^ I dunno if a GCI would be able to fit where Demon Drop was.. It better be mighty compact if it could :p . And even if there WERE long lines for this so called GCI, at least it will take away some lines from Mavvy :p .

Serious though, I doubt it, but CP is due for something new besides a dumb water ride.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^The GCI in question is Screamscape's suggestion that if CGA doesn't get the custom GCI coaster previously rumored, that with very minor tweaking it could fit where DD and Disaster Transport are.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ I dunno if a GCI would be able to fit where Demon Drop was.. It better be mighty compact if it could :p . And even if there WERE long lines for this so called GCI, at least it will take away some lines from Mavvy :p .

Serious though, I doubt it, but CP is due for something new besides a dumb water ride.

CP NEEDED the water ride Taylor. Stop being an ignorant enthusiast and step back and look at the park as a whole. As much as many enthusiasts hate when parks don't add coasters, there is MUCH more to parks then just rides.. and that's why many parks succeed.

As far as the GCI.. someone doesn't keep up on rumors anymore do they.. as RM pointed out, it wouldn't just be in that spot.

And.. RUMOR.. not fact.

^ Trust me, as I said in the topic, I definitely think Cedar Point needed one. I still think it's not gonna be that great though, that's all I'm sayin.

And no I don't keep up on rumours, really. Because they just piss me off due to being tarded speculation half the time.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
While a water ride was at the top of the list, and now they're getting one, I think that a wooden coaster is basically agreed on as being near the top of the 'need' list. Personally, I think they need to rip out some of the less popular, smaller flat rides and build some newer, larger ones. Although I don't see all of these happening(partly because I don't even think Huss exists anymore), I would like to see a topple tower, giant top spin, and sky swat make an appearance at CP.

Snoo

The Legend
No Sky Swat.. as they suck.. Topple Towers look good but have an atrocious loading time.. and a Top Spin would be nice.

But lets be honest, if they wanted to put one in, they would have did it when they closed Geauga Lake.

^ We'd force you on the Top Spins and make you barf, YAY! :p

I love Top Spins though, but I just can't see one in Cedar Point's future. I'd like to try out a Sky Swat, but I have heard Topple Towers suck the big one.

^ Suure you wouldn't. For some reason I am getting flashbacks of certain rides at Beech Bend, and possibly three top spins we didn't ride on our second trip.. But I might just be imagining things! :p

Aha aw no I can't even make fun :p .

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
If he thinks a normal top spin is bad, then let's put him on this:

IMG_6830-1.jpg

That would be a site...

Even if those three flat rides aren't plausible, I still think they should at least add something. It doesn't have to be one of those three, just something fun. Maybe a giant top scan?

If they added a top scan, I'd be soo happy. I almost liked the top scan at Wonderland as much as I liked MaXair.

That top spin looks ridiculous though..