What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

And you like.. Rice.. And that weird computer game you showed me.. So you can't even talk. :p

And MaXair is so sick, and NOBODY shall cause me to think otherwise. Not even you! :lol:

Have you been on a top scan though just out of curiousity?

Snoo

The Legend
So myself liking a food and a computer game makes me unable to talk about coasters? Fail.

And a few times.. but I was younger.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I thought the top scan at Canada's Wonderland was very good. It was a bit small, but that's no big deal. One way they could make it even more intense is to mount an electric motor to flip the seats instead of rotating freely. Just imagine that!

^ Well then you should remember how absolutely badass and awesome they are! Unless you have a pooor memory.

I'm surprised you went on it though, didn't think you could handle such greatness :p .

MaXair rides a long program, and swings pretty high.. I don't see what's wrong with it. It was better than Delirium and is certainly better than Skyhawk :p .

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OMG, you think that's a long program?

It makes what, one full-height swing in each direction? Maybe 3, TOPS.

There are Intamin and Huss Giant Frisbees that do 6 or more full height swings, reverse spin directions, change spin speed etc all in one ride.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^SpinSpider (Zamperla) does seven full swings per cycle. It's also even bigger than maXair. But with very poor operation, at times there's only one ride op on the thing.

^ No way, MaXair has a good enough cycle for me, but hey, if there are some out there that can do all that, I would LOVE to ride them, but unfortunately I haven't been to eight billion parks and I appreciate what MaXair does, not what it can't do or what other frisbees do better.

Snoo

The Legend
RM, I think they do it for capacity.. as we all know CP loves to have things with higher capacity.

^ Well it's not like it's even THAT bad anyway.. Skyhawk is way worse with its what, two full swings? Haha, MaXair has at least something like five, and it doesn't make me feel like I got gipped when I got off.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
RM, I think they do it for capacity.. as we all know CP loves to have things with higher capacity.

Oh, I totally understand why they run the program that they do. It's just frustrating to know that the ride could be so much better if they wanted to let it be so.

I wish they'd at least do something special even occasionally. We change a few of our flats ride program each Fall for Fright Fest, particularly the Frisbee and the Top Spin. I think it's a much better experience for the guests.

I haven't been to 8 billion parks, dear.

Only two-hundred-ninety-something.
:p :wink:

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Well it's not like it's even THAT bad anyway.. Skyhawk is way worse with its what, two full swings? Haha, MaXair has at least something like five, and it doesn't make me feel like I got gipped when I got off.

You do realize they both suck anyway, and drop towers destroy them both? You are arguing something with no point.

A

Anonymous

I agree with SnooSnoo... maXair isn't all that and a bag of chips, neither is Skyhawk, even though it's an personal favorite.. And, let's add another drop tower where Demon Drop was. :] i was thinking a rotodrop, or another S&S Power Drop. :D

You do realize they both suck anyway, and drop towers destroy them both? You are arguing something with no point.

Well, it IS all a matter of opinion my love :p .

And yes, drop towers ARE fun but you know how much they scare me.. Which is fun, but MaXair is good for not being scared and enjoying the ride for the forces and stuff.