What's new

Antinos' Dev Topic [NL]

Almost done. I just need to tree it:

Gravity-110509210608000.jpg

I liked this! The ride was smooth, pretty pump free (there was one jerk in the track entering the first inversion) and I mostly like the layout. I wasn't so much of a fan of the ending, it felt like it died a little. The start was great, very fast, fluid and fun. For some reason it seemed to feel a little drawn out, as if it didn't have quite enough speed.

I liked the supports and interaction between the trains, supports and track. I wasn't a fan of the colours, but I think that's more a personal taste thing really. Overall, nice work.

7.5/10

I'll have to agree with Hixee, the ride was fun, and like I said a while back it was an interesting idea, and very well executed, my one complaint are the gs, there are a lot of sustained yellow spikes. I must commend your work on the non inverting loop, they are quite hard as i've learned. The pacing was interesting, and the ride was very long so you definitely used your speed to the best extent.

Overall: Fun ride, good execution, could have used a little more refining

7/10

I really enjoyed that. It was mostly smooth, and I actually liked the colours. The layout was really fun, but some elements seemed a bit too drawn out towards the end, especially as the speed died down quite a bit. I think you could have made it shorter, or made the elements a bit tighter and the ending would have been more exciting.

However, with all that said, it was a solid coaster, and deserves a 8/10.

Thank you guys for the reviews. I did have some trouble with this ride's ending and I probably should have redone it. Regardless, it was my first ride in a while and it came out nice.

My next project is a small wooden coaster. So far, I feel that this is quite challenging due to the size, but I feel that I'm managing. If this was a larger ride, I probably would have ended it already, but I still have quite a bit of speed left. The ride is called Killer Bee:

KillerBee-110512222357000.jpg

Track is done. I did add the auto supports, but I do have a lot of fixing with those due to the amount of holes in the structure. Once that is taken care of, I will add trees and it should be done:

KillerBee-110515163955000.jpg

Should have done custom supports you pussy :p

Anyways, fun ride, although I felt it was a tad slow in the end. I think the twisty and sharp-ness made up for it though. Aside from the supports, I'd say a pretty great ride. 7.5/10.

Great work! Really nice, unique and well made ride. It's great to see what can be done with a little inspiration (from Twister, no doubt) and some time.

I liked the layout. I can see what Xpress means about it getting a bit slow at the end. It possibly could've ended a few turns ealier, just to keep the fast pace right till the end, but it was pretty good overall. Most of the trackwork was good too, there were the odd jerks and pumps, but nothing that I wouldn't expect from a handbuilt woodie. I also kinda liked the feel with all the trees, it was surprisingly hard to figure out the layout for the first time riding it, which is interesting as it's such a small ride.

Supports, well... I don't blame you for not hand-supporting it. Frankly I think it's only really the chance to be able to 'say you did'. You had to edit these supports, so that's enough in my book.

Overall, really nice effort. 8.5/10

It is an Arrow, after all. If you had to put an inspiration on this ride, it would probably be Anaconda(KD) and Vortex(KI), but since Arrow loopers are so numerous, there really isn't one main inspiration. I'm still working on making some parts of the ride feel right. The turns are really tough to nail down, but the loops, on the other hand, feel very much like the real deal.

Libertad-110602184407000.jpg