What's new

Antinos' Dev Topic [NL]

I'm getting closer to finishing. I think I finally have it feeling like an Arrow looper:

Libertad-110609224730000.jpg

Well, I give you props for even trying to build one of these nightmares. With that being said, you still had some issues with your ultra-smooth transitions, and your loops were kinda odd shaped.

Otherwise, aside from the modern-istic techniques, it was pretty good. 7.75/10

I'm in two minds about this ride. If I look at in terms of a proper Arrow Looper it fails. It doesn't have the RCT snappiness and roughness that it should. The transitions were too smooth and even the entrance to the corkscrews felt too comfortable.

On the flip side to that though, if I look at this as being a new take on the Arrow Loopers then it does quite well. If I imagine Arrow building one of these now, knowing how important a smooth ride is, then this is perfect. There is still the brutal inversions-fest feel that they need to have, but the transitions are smoothed out and its actually fun to ride.

I'm sure you'll have picked it up, but I'm undecided. I'd give a 4.5/10 as a classic Arrow Looper, 7.5/10 for a 'new' Arrow Looper.

I'm about halfway done with the track work on the third iteration of my new ride. I'm using a new building technique and so far, I think it's working fairly well. The track is fairly smooth and the transitions are coming out very, very nicely.

Clarity-110621000944000.jpg

Ohhh I like the look of it, the ride looks like it has the height of a true hyper with fun layouts of mega-lites.

Urgh, that entrance to the station. ;)

Looks cool, like Jer said, it's like the love-child of a hyper-coaster and a mega-lite. :D

I've been a lot more picky about this ride than a lot of others when it comes to the layout. I've had many ideas, but I've finally found one that I'm pleased with. It is a good balance between a hyper and mega-lite and I believe it would be a very unique experience. This is also a ride that reminds me of Tonnerre de Zeus - it just keeps on going.

Just a few more feet of track left:

Clarity-110622173514000.jpg

Wow, it's quite long! Hope it can keep up the pacing all the way through.

Besides the ride's natural slow down, it keeps pace. As the ride progresses, it changes from high speed turns and drawn out transitions to sharper turns and snappier transitions to make up for the speed loss. It finishes how I wanted all my other rides to finish, but just couldn't get them to do it.

Supporting is well under way:

Clarity-110624000012000.jpg

Excellent. Yeah, I knew it would lose speed, but as long as the pacing (which isn't really about absolute speed, more the speed needed for the elements) is kept up, then you should be fine.

I look forward to this. :)

Nice colors, reminds me of one of my rides called Milk wayy back in 2008, which coincidentally also was a hyper with Mega-lite layout.

Enough about me though, the ride looks sick ,cant wait to ride!

Supports are done and I'm very close to finishing the ride. I'm going to wait to release it until Wednesday or Thursday, but all I really have to do is add some foliage.

Clarity-110627135517000.jpg

The supports for the lift and the first hill are kind of funky. I supported the ride backwards and I knew with all the crossovers, I would have to get creative with the supports. I like how they turned out. I also rotated all the footers on this ride. I don't normally do it unless it's a very good project. I doubt this will disappoint.

Pretty good. I felt it was a bit too rough though going into and out of your banking transitions, and some of the hills were really pointy. Otherwise it was a fun ride, with lots of fun twists and turns. Support work was great too.

8/10

Really nice stuff. I didn't think it was quite as rough as Xpress made out, but a couple of the transitions were a little jerky. I thought the hills were pretty good too. This is not meant to sound like a dig at Xpress, but bear with me... This is a hand-built ride and it shouldn't be forgotten. Whilst I have no real problem with tools, you expect the track generated to be perfectly smooth. After all, that's what they are there for. When hand building you must expect more imperfections. It's extremely difficult to make a perfect ride by hand. I'm sure you know this, but I thought I'd say it anyway. :D

The layout was nice, I liked some of the low-level high speed hills and turns and I also liked the big flowing airtime hills. The supports were cool and I liked the interaction of the track/train/supports.

Great work. 8/10

I loved it. The colours were lovely and the layout provided a fun thrilling ride. I tend to agree with Hixee and don't think it was rough at all. A little jerky in places, but nothing too bad. Xpress, if you think this was rough, then my coasters must ride like an Arrow! Haha.

So yeah, a brilliant ride! 9/10.