What's new

Antinos' Dev Topic [NL]

I like it. It looks like a not-lame version of Silver Bullet so far! :p

After redoing everything after the bottom of the drop and going on a short road trip, I finished the ride. Luna has a nice length, a unique layout, and is my first B&M invert with a mid course brake run. It features six inversions as well:

Luna-110725220153000.jpg

I'm still debating whether I like the ending or not, which isn't pictured.

That zero-g-roll after the MCBR seems really really low...

Apart from that, looks good.

^Ahh... could well be. In that case it's not as bad.

That is a corkscrew you're seeing.

I'm on my third iteration of the end of the ride, and I've just thought of a modification that will improve the ending. Hopefully after this fourth iteration, I'll be satisfied and I can continue smoothing. I finally sorted out the cobra roll; now I just need to fix the loop, helices, one of the floaterbanks, and a few valleys.

I'm finally satisfied with the layout and I made a terrain similar to what I wanted originally. I've also started supporting, and I have to say that the more I work on this ride, the more pleased I am with it. Also, iSmooth does wonders now that I've figured out how to use it.

Now for some coaster pr0n:

Luna-110729150652000.jpg

Liking the look of that first drop and the tight twisty trenches too!

I look forward to this.

Supporting is almost done, and I'm getting really excited to release this to you guys on Saturday. The more I work on it, the more it feels like a real B&M coaster.

Luna-110801193812000.jpg

The trackwork looks lush, but there's something about that ground texture that looks wrong. It's a bit... pixel-ated maybe?

OK, well this is embarrassing! I downloaded your track while I was in France, gave it a ride, then completely forgot to review it. I'll re-download and re-ride it shortly and give you some feedback. Thanks for bringing it up in Jer's thread, it'd have been completely forgotten otherwise! ;)

EDIT: Right, here goes... finally!

Really liked it in places, and kinda didn't in others. I liked the starting section, the mix of tall elements, speed and diving close to the ground worked really well. The overbanks were nice too. My only criticism is that it feels like it's going to stall into the MCBR. From there the MCBR trims more speed off and it felt it like it was crawling through the first few bits of the second half. The second half was nice, I liked the interaction with the ground and tress and the low level helices and hills. However again, the train really crawled onto the brakes. My advice would've been to let the train go through the MCBR with a bit more speed and that would've made the second half really punchy.

As for the building... It was mostly smooth, jerk/pump free, really nice for a hand built invert. I find them really hard to get right in terms of smoothness and flow and I think you just about nailed it. The supports were good and the interaction with the trees and landscape were nice too.

Overall, a good layout, slightly let down by a slow second half. 7/10

Sorry it's taken me so long. This review must work out as roughly a letter and hour! :p

That's quite alright, Matt. Better late then never. Thanks for the review.

As for my next project, I think I'm going to do a Premier shuttle coaster.

What... did... you... do... to... the... top... hat...?