What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New "world's first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

^Seeing as how they have a spinner RIGHT NEXT DOOR to that, I'm gunna say no.

Also, seeing as the application states the demolition of the Black Hole tent, I'd also say no.

Let me explain further, a new black hole esque ride, larger, new buildings and a continuation of the x sector theme.

Thorpe have the world first fully backwards coaster, so why not have a fully sideways coaster? :p

It's a rubbish gimmick that qualifies for a world first and the GP will love it!

At £15 million? You would have to factor the land price into it for something like that to exceed £15 million.

^^It wouldn't be a world's first though.

Joypolis in Tokyo had a sideways coaster until they converted it into a spinner a few years ago. Guess why it was converted? Because it was s**te.

It's been converted so it is still a world only, which in GP eye's is world first.

^Whatever. That's not happening.

No. Just stop it. It's not going to happen. I'll bet you my house and everything I own that SW7 won't be a sideways coaster if it'll make you shut up about it.

I'm thinking this may be sw7, John wardley was spotted recently with height balloons, and this quite large area with plans for a new coaster for there and nwlb, add to that another if this isn't sw7, that would be too much money spent in a short period for alton. I still reckon this is sw7.

Thekingin64 said:
I knew it wasn't going to happen all along. Just a joke.

tumblr_lv5ccetb4S1r2tvs1.gif

blivvies biggest fan said:
Let me explain further, a new black hole esque ride, larger, new buildings and a continuation of the x sector theme.
Why would you take down a structure to put one back up again, requiring new planning application? If they were going to build something similar to black hole, IE indoors, they would build it in that tent.

If this info is related to SW7, it's not going to be an indoors coaster simply because that's far too small for a major investment.

Joey said:
Why would you take down a structure to put one back up again, requiring new planning application? If they were going to build something similar to black hole, IE indoors, they would build it in that tent.
They could only build it in that tent if it was going to be the same size, or smaller, than a Jet Star coaster.

If you actually wanted to do something decent, then it would need to be a new building.

^ Well that really contributed didn't it. Anyway, if it is sw7 it would have to be very quiet... Which is leading me to believe it is indoor.

^ No it wouldn't have to be 'very quiet'....... All depends on location and environment bbz

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-xPGTOpE0DQ/S9npjswO7pI/AAAAAAAAB9Y/i_yx3kqeOEw/s1600/****.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.