What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New "world's first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

If they needed to excavate, it could easily cost far, far more than £15mil.

If Saw cost £13 mill, then a "worlds first" made by the company could easily exceed that with theming and necessary landscaping.

Today 2 planning applications have been put in from Alton towers, One of them is Maybe for SW7, it's an area of the black hold and another is to get permission to demolish the black hole tent.
Non of these currently contain any of the coaster's actual plans though yet.

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... &module=P3
(^ this for permission to demolish black hole tent)

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... &module=P3
(^SW7, no actual plans yet though)

Any pointers to the links that says what the applications are for?

Planning applications are exciting, but we need more details :)

New "world's first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

They need permission to take down the BH tent??

^ Yep, as Towers Times members were saying if it's not listed in Plans or something like that.
When it works, on the plans you click onto Property Details of Alton towers, then onto the map and all p
planning applications come up (if it works for you) Then an area is highlighted as the Black hole tent area.

Still can't see anything, but I'll take peoples' word for it.

I can't see it being much other than a flat ride, another "What lies beneath" type attraction or a big playground (maybe a water play area like Paultons have).

It could even open for 2012 if it's something small and simple.

^ The area planned for is way too big to be just a flat ride, it comes out of X-sector and goes into the
woods behind, If the ride was for 2012 the plans would have already have been submitted and if for 2014
they would not have just yet which just says 2013.

The picture found on the plans is this one, Its found on the Alton towers map thing on the plans( It isn't working now)

9nge9.png

A small change could be applied for for 2012 (and achieved), especially if it's just pulling down the tent and landscaping.

The area on that image isn't much bigger than the Black Hole area (including queue line on the old vintage cars track), but I haven't seen the plans and don't know how to read the image properly so I can't really say much else. It could be nothing, it could be major but there's not enough to go on just yet to push it either way.

^ Well Tower Times have contacted the Planning Department and they said the Plans are not ready to go
out yet, but will soon.

We'll find out when the plans go out just what it is then. Until then, I might hold my breath ;)

After everything noise wise that has effected Oblivion I highly doubt a major development such as a 'SW' will be located in this area. I'd expect some sort of dark ride, I doubt they will add another flat ride because of the fact there are already two in X-Sector. Guess we have to wait and see.

furie said:
We'll find out when the plans go out just what it is then. Until then, I might hold my breath ;)

This basically...

It could be literally anything at the moment, so it's a case of wait and see what it is before getting excited over a new shop...

Swat said:
I doubt they will add another flat ride because of the fact there are already two in X-Sector. Guess we have to wait and see.

Well, Enterprise is long overdue retirement IMO, so who knows?

It still has some years in it and fits perfect in near the over bank. Submission however only seems to ever have one ride vehicle running so possibly a refurb/relocation of that. And it would have to be a vey large flat if it were to be on that site but certainly doesn't seem big enough for a 15 million pound coaster. Not sure.

The plans show it coming out into X-Sector across the path over towards Oblivion's entrance. If that's part of "the new attraction" then it'll cut off (most) access to the two flat rides. It's all quite strange really...

New "world's first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

That area needs something new as all that's really there is one ride.

It's not really a big area though so I really hope it's not the new SW.

YES, finally, X-Sector looks to be on the receiving end of some lovin'!

Considering it's the area with the most noise complaints it's a bit of a strange one...

Hence why my mind is thinking it will be an indoor ride... But, who knows...

furie said:
The plans show it coming out into X-Sector across the path over towards Oblivion's entrance. If that's part of "the new attraction" then it'll cut off (most) access to the two flat rides. It's all quite strange really...

Not if that's an elevated section of ride with path underneath...

Status
Not open for further replies.