What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The layout reminds me of Italian Job/Back Lot Stunt Coaster after the 2 hills. I also guess Premier are much cheaper than an Intamin. I think Merlin are tight arses and would go for that option than get an Intamin thats likely to give then the same troubles the other 3 give them.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Does it really matter that much what it is, providing it's good? People have their theories about what it may be, but at the end of the day, if they are wrong, so what.

To answer my own question, this is not officially designated an SW, and if it is, this would be SW7, wouldn't it? The 2005 valley coaster was meant to be SW6 wern't it, so this would be SW7, for the same reason the first one built was SW3, because the ones before it were cancelled, so this is either not a Secret Weapon, or Secret Weapon 7, not 6, unless the valley coaster was not an SW, anyone care to fill in the gaps for me?
Is this officially a SW?
Was the 2005 valley coaster designated SW6?
Have any previous SWs been designated as a SW in the planning stage, or was it announced later?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
You would thinl, but they seem to have the same questions, or at least Towers Times does, I've not looked anywhere else.

neo

Mega Poster
Blaze said:
Is this officially a SW?

No, it’s simply being referred to as the Corkscrew Replacement.

Blaze said:
Was the 2005 valley coaster designated SW6?

No, there was no evidence for that.

Blaze said:
Have any previous SWs been designated as a SW in the planning stage,

Yes, that’s how this whole thing came about. The Forbidden Valley was originally intended to be themed to a strange military establishment. The first design for what would become Nemesis, featured the Arrow Pipeline Coaster, which was going to form the centrepiece as The Secret Weapon. So John Wardley entitled the first track layout drawing SW1.

SW2 was the Arrow Pipeline Secret Weapon concept again, but with the revolutionary idea of being in a big pit. SW3 was Nemesis, SW4 was Oblivion, and SW5 was Air. Although I’m guessing the SW thing was dropped for the wooden coaster, as it would’ve no longer featured the successful partnership with B&M. The wooden coaster was certainly never referred to as a Secret Weapon.

Anyway, regarding Hex V2.0, the supporting for this new coaster certainly looks very characteristic of Intamin (lift hill supports). Judging by Saw’s world first element (100 degrees), I’m guessing this coaster is going for the worlds first backwards tilt track. And not the world’s first horror film themed sequel coaster, Saw: The Ride II: Billy’s Revenge.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I know how the SW name came about, how the first was called Secret Weapon and the revised version was obviously SW2 because it was v2 of the same ride they wanted to build, and when Nemesis came about it was the third incarnation of the FV ride. What I meant was, when AT submitted plans for any of the three, did any of them contain SW3/4/5 on them. Also, I know it is reffered to as Corkscrew replacement, and that is how this question first came to mind.

Thanks any, though.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ honestly this whole SW thing is garbage. Whether or not they are giving it a secret weapon nickname has NOTHING to do with what type of coaster its going to be. And funnily enough SW 1 & 2 were both arrow creations? So neo its complete rubbish saying that they've dropped the name due to it not being a B&M

A

Anonymous

I'm sure there was some reference to SW6 when they announced the ride, I wouldn't totally rule out it being B&M but I doubt it will be

Slash

Giga Poster
Crazycoaster said:
^ honestly this whole SW thing is garbage. Whether or not they are giving it a secret weapon nickname has NOTHING to do with what type of coaster its going to be. And funnily enough SW 1 & 2 were both arrow creations? So neo its complete rubbish saying that they've dropped the name due to it not being a B&M

Lets be serious, 1&2 never happened. 3,4 and 5 were all B&Ms. All the other coasters they've made haven't been SWs even Rita which was a big coaster, so chances are its not BM.

Rush

Giga Poster
Who honestly gives a **** about what the project is called?

I'd rather they do a Thorpe and call it something like 'Project Josephine' then call it 'Secret Weapon whatevernumberit'sonnow.'

Dave

CF Legend
hva.jpg

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Ive just taken another look at the plans on the planning web site. After zooming in on the plan of the track. It looks as tho the first helix is very steeply banked. I wonder how large this helix is, as if its at the bottom of the first drop it will be quite intence. I definatly dont think it will be B&M. The layouts for there rides are not as spread out as this one. Other than the out and back mega coasters.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, the firxt Helix will be steeply banked, I mean it has to be, or it will be lateral terror galore!

If you compare the Helix to the size of Rita that is also on the plans, it isn't large AT ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.