What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
The whole ride is very low, compared to the size of the first drop. It also uses the terrain to get more speed after the first hill. I think it looks like a great family ride, but I don't get where the "worlds first" comes in.

The theming looks like a sequel to Hex. Which I think is a great idea, maybe UgLand will get a re-theme? And extend the area to include Hex. Although I'm not sure how they could change Rita.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I dont think it will take much to theme rita into the new area. The control booth could be made to look like a shack or a small gothic tower to match the new ride. As for the ride name im not sure! Unless they call a speeding sprit rita!!!!!!!!! They need to sort out the area under rita as it is a mess!

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
I the hole ground hugging thing after a wuite big drop, when i first heard of this i was hoping for some inversions, but now im quite happy as its turning out to be quite a good overall ride with the themeing and everything.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Can anyone see Hex being added to the area (Not moved just the area extended). Then the whole area around there re themed.

As for Rita's name, Rita King Of The Castle?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Old news...

Common knowledge that ALL the Pizza Hut/KFCs in Alton and the one at Chessie are removed and will be replaced by an 'In House' Pizza and Pasta restaurant, akin to the one at Legoland...

EDIT:

Also just found this news report from the local Alton paper in a link from Screamscape...

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.u...owers-ride/article-620387-detail/article.html

PLANS for a new £12 million ride to replace the Corkscrew at Alton Towers have sparked opposition from parish councillors.

The new attraction billed as the "world's first roller-coaster of its kind", and due to open in 2010, is to be built in the park's Ug Land.

The application for the replacement roller-coaster, erection of station buildings and associated landscaping works has been made to Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.

But Alton parish councillors have opposed the application.

Chairman Tony Moult said: "It will encroach into the woodland and be nearer to the village. Otherwise they would not have to put a planning application in."

Head of development at Alton Towers, Mark Kerrigan, said: "We did have a site visit and four of the nine parish councillors came and, of those, three were in favour.

"I would ask them to come and walk the site to see how well we have worked this."

A final decision will be made by the district council's planning applications committee next month.

So it could still be dismissed and not happen... Hoping not, but it's still possible...

A

Anonymous

I know it's old news but at the end of the day I was pointing out that the building address is.
PizzaHut katanga, shouldnt the name have changed if it was being changed from Pizzahut? Also KFC WAS in that building so why is the address that?

And I don't think Alton have really thought this coaster through with it being so close to the village.
After dismissing plans of this relief road maybe the council will stop anything good/big coming to Alton in the future.
They will just see it as Alton are just all take take take, not giving back. In a way

tks

Strata Poster
I think people should start using capital letters.

Also Universal have an exclusive agreement with Kuka on the Robocoaster thing, so one won't be built anywhere until the one at IOA opens. (Am I right with this?)

A

Anonymous

Yes only the robocoaster is on that agreement, the robo-arm (Legoland california have one) can be used anywhere I think!

So it won't be a robocoaster, but they may add robo arms into the area?

marc

CF Legend
Nope as that was built before Universal got the rights. As said already Universal own the rights to all the Robo stuff for 10 years.

Even Disney had to stop development on things that were going to use the arm only. UC knows more about that and has explained before.

Slash

Giga Poster
I imagine most people dont want to sift through 86 pages and that's why it keeps coming up.

This should be renamed the Deja Vu topic.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It is closer to the village, but not by THAT much, and the noise apparently wont change. The councilors wont stop it, they have apparently objected to double glazzing instalations which have gone ahead anyway before, they have no power.
Atleast acoding to Towers Times members based near AT, I don't know what they can do.
At the end of the day, it's a replacement, not an adition, so it wont add to noise or traffic.
The relief road fell through because it would damage the local economy, as people wouldn't visit the village and spend money.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
CJH said:
And I don't think Alton have really thought this coaster through with it being so close to the village.

I'd say that given the countless problems they've had with the locals before, it's probably the first thing they would consider.

I don't think they'd apply for permission for something unless they were very, very sure that it would go through.

spicy

Giga Poster
I fink its goin 2 b a Robocoster!!

:p

Anyway on the noise issue, I bet this coaster makes no where near as much noise as Corkys lift hill motor did, that howling banshee noise you could hear in Forbidden Valley sometimes.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
On the robo arm thing... I hate to burst this bubble, but...

Weston Super Mare are installing a Robo Arm, same type as at Lego Land:
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... hp?t=24927

I think Universal only have the rights to the RoboCoaster, not the Robo Arm technology.

The flat rides are still possible to buy (which I think is what Erol has been saying for months) - I don't think they will, but you CAN still buy them...

Status
Not open for further replies.