What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
LOL

You should have just put "no, I have no actual evidence".

That would have saved you time.

You also proved you didn't actually read my argument. Just got a general idea and decided to twist it as you always do.

Why don't I think it will be a Gerstauler? Uh... it won't be a Spinner nor a Eurofighter... A Maurer? I think it's safe to say it's not a Spinner... Premier? Yeah, could be. Who's left?

You've 'gone through' nothing. And what you cite there - track type, traits (what traits does a ML have this doesn't? Really?) and 'sensibility'... frankly? Paper thin.

You can keep with the 'why don't you stop posting, it's pathetic' stuff. Maybe try applying it to you and your non-argument?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
What if the renderings are just that, renderings? Renderings that provide nothing but an outline of the coaster layout. Its completely possible at this stage as that is all the council needs to see at this moment. It could be anything.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok. Enough! PM's please.

We'll know soon enough. Lets embrace a new coaster, whatever it is and enjoy it when we ride it.

A

Anonymous

UC and Ben do you have to argue the same points over and over again, yes you both have different opinions, so what?
I get sick of coming into topic after topic with you two with ya handbags out. Get a ****ing room and be done with it!
No wonder I don't come on CF half as much as I used to!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
offense removed - this topic's full of enough crap as it Joey without you starting too!

As for this whole debate I don't think It's Intamin, simply because I don't think the chain will go back to Intamin - especially not a complicated one with even more elements to brake down

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bezzzzzer said:
I'm sorry to kinda go a few pages back, but where are the pictures of the track that everyone's discussing? I've looked on the planning application and can't find the damn things! N those links furie sent don't work for me for some reason. Strange.

They need to be cut and pasted as they have breaks in the that phpBB doesn't render correctly :)

Shame about the Mega Lite. I would've loved one of those. I feel it really would've worked well with the design.

bezzzzzer said:
Also, if anybody knows or can find out, how many trees were going to be cut down with the proposal of that woodie for 2005? Just curious since that got rejected for that reason. The application states that 41 trees need to be removed for this coaster I think.

I don't think the plans for the woodie were ever made public. however, it's all about the protection on the trees. Trees in the valley are protected by the listed status of the gardens I think. The trees up in the Ugland area aren't. That's my understanding of it, though maybe some particularly old trees may be protected, but I don't think so.

Links again!
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(E)%20(14450).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(F)%20(14451).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(G)%20(14452).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(H)%20(14453).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(I)%20(14454).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(J)%20(14455).JPG

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
jokerman said:
You need to copy and paste, because the end of them has been missed off.

Sorry, didn't I say that at the start of the post? :roll:

shawnoc

Mega Poster
What i would really hope, ist whatever coaster they build, the theme will be carried out well. It sounds like they may carry the theme down to the hex area. Lets hope thy do something with rita. That wouldnt cost too much to re theme as there isnt much themeing on it at the mo. Is there any scale to the station renderings? If its quite large, we can hope for something impressive in the dark ride section.
Would there be much room for a flat ride after sw6 is built?[/u]

tks

Strata Poster
It's going to be a Mega-Lite [Confrontation].

I could it being a Gerstlaurer actually. Merlin probably did a 2-4-1 deal with them over Saw or something like that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
tks said:
I could it being a Gerstlaurer actually. Merlin probably did a 2-4-1 deal with them over Saw or something like that.

Hmm, if anywhere, I think Merlin would put a Gerstlaurer in Legoland. They've not had a new coaster for ages and Gerstlaurer tend to me more family friendly.

spicy

Giga Poster
^Maybe they done a buy two get one free :p

Merlin are known for buying coasters in pairs, but I don't think this is Gerstlaurer. Im still hoping for a Mega-lite despite whats been said :)

I think its a Vekoma mine train coaster like Everest personally. :(

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Alton Towers sort of stuck with B&M for a long time after nemisis, if thats not too silly a trend then it could suggest another Intamin after Rita.

A

Anonymous

My money is on a Mega-Lite type coaster merged with elements from the new Family launchers.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh good, so they can have a B&M Land in the shape of Forbidden Valley and an Intamin Land in the shape of UgLand.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Im still going for ML. The plans have bi-rail but that is meaningless for two reasons:
1. The planning application does not need to go into detail about the track, just what it is made from, where it goes, and what holds it up. If planning application is accepted, then we will see more detailed drawings because then is when the track shape is important. no one at the plannig office will order a ride taken down because a ride has tri-rail, not bi-rail like on the planning drawings made to demonstrate the rides path.
2: The ride is lower than 60 foot, so it wont need a third rail to strengthen it. Look at Colossus, apart from the first 5 inversions, that is bi-rail, and that is over 100ft tall.
Also, in the current financial climate, they will want as many products available as possible to increase the chances of a sale, so they may make a switch track.

The switchtrack is the low point for me. The previous SW rides don't have anything like that, once they begin, they go on untill the end, and don't stop part way through to go backwards, then stop again and go forwards again. Even Air, which isn't very intense, doesn't pause untill the brakes. The switchtrack will lose momentum and will stop the forces on the body. Look at Nemesis, you are constantly hit with high forces for the whole duration of the ride, and apart from the stall turn which provides a seccond or two of light relief from it, there is no let up.

Just a thought, but has this actually been officially anounced as an SW, or have we just assumed it is because it is a first and has more themeing than the last two coasters? Maybe I have missed or forgoten, but I can't remember AT actually saying it is an SW. The plan says replacement, and previous SW's have said SW on the plan, but this is because the previous SWs have not replaced anything, and have been completely new. The planning office need to know where the ride is, and that it is replacing a previous ride, so not having SW on the plan is meaningless. This has been brought up on Towers Times, but the bit about the plan has been resolved, basicaly because somebody on there realises the same thing I have, that SW6 is a prelacement, not a new instalation. If it was, then they will need to identify it, but as it is a replacement, they don't. So did they officialy say this is SW6?

Also, any ideas on what you think the name could be, given the theming that we have seen so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.