What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Good points, but equally, there is something world's first about this ride, and, if I were an amusement operator, I'd not employ a company who have just mucked up a primitive bit of new technology.

Also, it may or may not be relevant, but Premier have not really (apart from Vonkaputous) broken into the European market yet (even though they source their LIMs from here)...

As for Rita, at least the capacity's greater since they added that extra magnetic block break a metre or so after the station... I remember when you had to wait for the train to crest the hill before loading could begin... SLOOOOW.

Slash

Giga Poster
EDIT: that was way too late

If anything is going to be "Worlds First" and wow us its going to be a reverse launch. Nothing has that yet.

Ben

CF Legend
Slash said:
If anything is going to be "Worlds First" and wow us its going to be a reverse launch. Nothing has that yet.

No. A fair few coasters do. In fact, I talked about one a few posts ago.

There's already one in this country BTW...

Mike T

Mega Poster
Actually it has - with both Revenge of the Mummys', as well as the third coming to Singapore. Florida's Mummy has 3 launch fields, the first being the reverse launch into a small dip. Although the launch isn't as forceful as the 2nd, and actually the 3rd for that matter, it still is a launch that you can feel as you're propelled backwards and then down into a short dip.

Hollywood's version of the backwards launch comes second in the ride, and acts as the mid course boost needed to complete the second coaster section of the ride.

So with that said, seeing as this is probably a Premier coaster, its not even a world's first for them. Try again Slash...

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Premier for several reasons:
Use of Bi-Rail
Have the technology (Launched, Turntables etc)
Would be a world first if a Premier LIM coaster was in Europe :p
and several other :roll:

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
AmandaPanda Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:49 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premier for several reasons:
Use of Bi-Rail
Have the technology (Launched, Turntables etc)
Would be a world first if a Premier LIM coaster was in Europe
and several other

sorry to be a pain in the ass, but world first dictates it being a first all over the world. So in short how can it be a world first if its just the first Premier LIM in Europe?

sorry just a small point

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ermmm, very good.

Well we know that theres not much special with the track and it's features because they have been done time and time again... Something must be different with the trains themselves. This is why I hold the Robocoaster so high in the cards even with the exclusivity restriction to Universal. It's got to be something along those lines, it can't be anything else?

A

Anonymous

UC said:
Also has anyone thought that the "worlds first" thing, could be simply a new train design. We have seen the tilt front before, so maybe it could be the way of riding that could be new?

Yeah, I said it multiple times - it was lost in all that nonsense about a Mega Lite though.

Ah ok didn't notice Steve sorry :)!

I do think the track does look very premier, but I don't know! Would be nice to see a Premier coaster in the UK, would be something different than the same old Vekoma or Intamin.

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
Yeah, I said it multiple times - it was lost in all that nonsense about a Mega Lite though.

I'd just like to add that you not being able to read a topic does not constitute 'nonsense' on anyone else's part, just yours.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
UC said:
Universal have the Kuka RoboCoaster (the track for it is very different than this anyway), so please try and accept that FACT.

Thats why if you read, I kinda pushed that argument aside and said it has to be something along those lines.

Mike T

Mega Poster
But what makes your comment a bit asinine is that you continue to pinpoint robotic technology when the only current supplier of such technology holds an extremely strict contract between a client and the particular ride type. There's so many other things out there that it could rather be, but if you'd like to keep thinking its going to be something as restrictive and new to the game as robotics - please be my guest, but don't set yourself up for disappointment in the end when the coaster isn't as unorthodox as you hoped it'd be.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still betting on Premier, long trains like the Stunt Coasters. Then the switch track inside does something unexpected. It's lifts, shakes, drops - whatever before the car flies out backwards.

Other than that utterly conventional. I'll bet you the money Dave owes you Erol ;)

coasterdude_1 said:
Good points, but equally, there is something world's first about this ride, and, if I were an amusement operator, I'd not employ a company who have just mucked up a primitive bit of new technology.

I don't think it's THAT primitive? It has to take a fair amount of work to try and stop the swinging mechanism and get it to secure automatically and safely.

If it really was primitive, I'm sure we'd have seen many different versions of the same thing happen a long time ago. The fact the closest we have is a Tilt coaster (one in existence), I assume it's actually quite tough - probably due to the swinging unpredictable nature of the mechanism...

A

Anonymous

^Yeah my money has been on Premier since i first saw this project. Premier seems to be the manurfactorer which will try new things.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Mike T said:
But what makes your comment a bit asinine is that you continue to pinpoint robotic technology when the only current supplier of such technology holds an extremely strict contract between a client and the particular ride type. There's so many other things out there that it could rather be, but if you'd like to keep thinking its going to be something as restrictive and new to the game as robotics - please be my guest, but don't set yourself up for disappointment in the end when the coaster isn't as unorthodox as you hoped it'd be.

Ah, but did I actually say that its going to be something robotic? No. You just read too deeply into what I wrote and came back with some weird argument.

Oh and Dave, I want my money back.

marc

CF Legend
Erol there is no way they will be involved, they are busy in Orlando and other countries installing rides for Universal.

Yes you called them and yes they said they would sell you something, but there is no way on this planet Alton will be getting anything to do with them. The company have a 10 year agreement with Universal for everything that company would make to do with the theme park industry I have no idea why you keep on and on about them.

I will also bet you the money Dave owes you Erol that your wrong :)

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
Erol there is no way they will be involved, they are busy in Orlando and other countries installing rides for Universal.

Yes you called them and yes they said they would sell you something, but there is no way on this planet Alton will be getting anything to do with them. The company have a 10 year agreement with Universal for everything that company would make to do with the theme park industry I have no idea why you keep on and on about them.

Guys, we're going round in circles. If you're going to post, can we at least make sure we've read the last few pages of the topic at least...

The point above has now been made about 5 times.

Let's stop repeating useless stuff just to increase our post counts.

The more I look, the more Premier does seem interesting... but the shape of the lift hill feels alot more Intamin...

Status
Not open for further replies.