What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
I posted that as Erol keeps going on about it, so I dont think its pointless and yes I did read the other pages first. Erol's post was above mine so I was replying to him :)

And if you new me you would know that I dont care about my post count.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^My post count's bigger than yours ;)

Atm there's only one way to talk, and that's in circles until more stuff comes about and what-not...

Alternatively we talk about this year's additions, i.e. Sea-Life in Mutiny Bay replacing the cinema and the old Cred Street re-theme...

Mike T

Mega Poster
coasterdude_1 said:
Guys, we're going round in circles. If you're going to post, can we at least make sure we've read the last few pages of the topic at least...

Going around in circles aye? The next time you want to tell the community whats good and whats bad to post, please do me a favor and don't follow it up with comments like this...

The more I look, the more Premier does seem interesting... but the shape of the lift hill feels alot more Intamin...

Because gee coasterdude_1, you REALLY added a lot to the topic with that deep thought...

Ah, but did I actually say that its going to be something robotic? No. You just read too deeply into what I wrote and came back with some weird argument.

Reading too deeply into what you wrote? The way you wrote your post is the way you wrote your post - and if it's interpreted differently than what you intended to say, maybe you should check yourself.

If I'm not mistaken, in this thread alone you've made the following comments about this project and robotic arms...

Isn't the Robocoaster operated using hydraulics?

So does SW6's neighboring attraction...

Robocoasters have long trains too, have you not seen Kuka's plans? I'm not saying this is what it is, but it could be.

Millennium Force has long trains too. But then look at Mavtrax.

I've read it, but when I phoned Kuka as I've said before, they can sell it to me.
Question is, does this whole thing only apply to the USA?

No.

So don't try and act like I'm reading into it; you obviously want this to be a robotic arm roller coaster and are grasping for straws to find evidence that supports your desires. Unfortunately pretty much everything we've seen thus far in regards to Secret Weapon 6 dismisses those claims all together. Would it be a cool concept if this was a robo coaster? Sure! I'd probably be more interested in the project than I already am. But using logic and brainstorming with realistic ideas helps us determine that this isn't going to be that kind of ride.

:roll:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'm sorry to kinda go a few pages back, but where are the pictures of the track that everyone's discussing? I've looked on the planning application and can't find the damn things! N those links furie sent don't work for me for some reason. Strange.

Shame about the Mega Lite. I would've loved one of those. I feel it really would've worked well with the design.

Also, if anybody knows or can find out, how many trees were going to be cut down with the proposal of that woodie for 2005? Just curious since that got rejected for that reason. The application states that 41 trees need to be removed for this coaster I think.

Ben

CF Legend
bezzzzzer said:
Shame about the Mega Lite. I would've loved one of those. I feel it really would've worked well with the design..

There's no 'shame', the Mega Lite is still exceedingly possible :p.

Probably the joint-most-likely theory at the moment, with the Premier. Don't listen to UC. He doesn't read.

Jools

Giga Poster
What about Maurer Sohne, they do special track, just look at both of the Winjas.
BTW, Off topic: I'm going to Phantasialand soon :--D

Ben

CF Legend
Yes UC dear. A type that has matching track, elements, element shapes, train length, an established relationship between park and manufacturer... they're all 'crackpot' next to some of the crap you were coming out with. And I love how you magically avoided the posts where other people provided evidence showing the ideas you had come up with (ie, Vekoma), were flawed and won't happen. That's quite a skill you have there to pretend you didn't see something.

The reason I wasn't going to go back and link to the sources? I wanted you to read the topic. I'm not about to hand you everything on a silver platter, love.

BTW, one more point...

AT would want to do as little ground work as possible because of planning issues (which means fewer supports, which means tri-rail track to give them this option)

So it would make sense for Alton to go to Premier who offer bi-rail alone over Intamin who could have provided them with tri-track, or a number of other manufacturers. Bollocks. That may be the single worse point you have ever spewed out.

And no, this isn't as bad as the Floorless thing. I'm not arguing humans have the power to levitate like you were doing...

Edit - One thing I just noticed, on the plans, there's no return thing under the lift for a chain. Obviously, I wouldn't be surprised if there were LIMs in play, but that could also suggest a cable lift, which lack a return thing. Which are found on... what type of Intamin coasters? Just a small note, that one.

Ben

CF Legend
Lets skip the parts where you rant and rave about stuff I've proven previously to be incorrect, and go right to the part where you finally have a new thought! Yay!

UC said:
Sorry, Ben, but the way you handled this - and the way you jumped at the possibility for Premier - just screamed "**** I really don't have any evidence for an ML...oh look! A Premier idea I can cling to to try and hide this fact!"

No, dear. That would be if I had said "This WILL be a ML". Re-read. I have NEVER said this WILL be a ML. I have said it MAY be a ML. As in, a theory. I then defended the theory when you unjustly tried to throw it out. It's perfectly possible and in no way 'lame' to hold two theories at once. In a "it could be ____ or could be _____" kind of way. Jumping on it would also be me going "Not a ML. I agree, Premier". I simply replied along the lines that it "could be a Premier, good evidence. I'll hold that as a theory... alongside the still heavily possible ML".

You are putting words into my mouth, assuming I'd said for definite what type the ride will be. Remind me, didn't I say a few pages back we CAN'T do that yet?

But wait - should you go look at the drawings? The track is clearly bi-rail.

Which can be accounted for quite simply - Premier offer the technology they wanted, so they'd settle for the bi-rail track in order to have that technology.

Yes. A technology they have used before. Come on, tell me where the World First aspect to that is? I don't buy this "different train type" bull-****. There's not a whole lot that layout would work with.

My point, if you had any comprehensive skills whatsoever, was quite simple - if the manufacturer doesn't offer the option, then AT is stuck with what they do offer; in this case, Premier doesn't offer a track type for this type of coaster that isn't bi-rail.

However, IF the ride WERE Intamin, surely AT would've had them utilize the tri-rail track, since it was an option?

No. Not necessarily. The reasons for bi-rail could be numerous. If it makes sense to use it on parts (the lower parts, btw) of their other rides, why not on a low to the ground coaster like this? An entirely bi-rail Intamin IS possible, and so it's use does NOT in anyway rule out a ML. This is actually a fact. I don't get why you're finding it so hard to comprehend?

I mean, your statement is just dumb, Ben. You're essentially implying that parks choose a coaster type based on the track style they want...:roll:.

No. I imply if Alton have gone with Intamin they did so because they have a relationship with them which led to a number of successful rides the GP loved (at Thorpe as well we're talking), offered a technology they wanted (there is NO evidence that Intamin didn't offer Alton switchback technology) and could build a layout Alton liked the look of.

Of course, my original post was under the impression that you'd have the comprehensive skills of someone your age...I suppose we all make mistakes, yes?

LOL.

At least I can read topics.

Haha, I'm disappointed. You could've taken that and gone a number of ways, but you chose to accuse me of saying humans had levitation powers...? Something which I clearly never stated?

I mean, I expected a snide comment about stepping on the fiberglass or something like that...but goodness, you really blew your opportunity there. Way to go.

You implied in that topic people walked on... nothing. Because there's nothing to walk on. Thus, levitating would have really been their only option. Clamber over the lift chain I suppose? That's almost as sensible...

BTW, have you got any real evidence other than "they use bi-rail everywhere instead of just one part" and "OMG, it would have World First element if they did that... IMPOSSIBLE!"... because you aint presenting any.

And UC I 'called you out' (as you so like to call it when you're not doing it, often termed 'expressing an opinion' when you are) because you implied a ML is, as you say 'illogical'. When it's actually the complete opposite. And certainly more so than a Vekoma...

Mike T

Mega Poster
And if Maurer Sohne was involved with this coaster it would of more than likely involved X Car Track. Prime examples can be found on that piece of **** coaster Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and the beloved Abismo. And since we're so persistent about these new drawings and their accuracy, Maurer Sohne's bi-rail track doesn't contain cross bracing, which is found on those drawings.

So if you want to continue using track accuracy to support your Intamin Mega Lite argument, why can't you take into consideration Maurer Sohne's track anatomy?

Ben

CF Legend
Jesus ****ing Christ UC...

I'm still looking for some actual evidence...

I've had the DECENCY here to provide lists of evidence FOR my claims. You haven't. You are still just vaguely going "it won't be a ML".

You're far too busy with he said, I said, you said, they said, we both said, no-one said BOLLOCKS because other than that, you don't have anything. I've just gone back through the topic and ALL you have done is go "that might mean XXX type of coaster as well though! LOL! But, of course this doesn't match with the other factors in play, so it's impossible, but I'll look at it entirely alone and pretend it can be one of these! LOL!" or "looking at the drawings, it won't be" whenever a ML has been mentioned. Never. Ever. Have you pointed out why it might not be one. WHY can't there be a switchback on a ML. Give me a reason. I'll construct the sentence for you "A Mega-Lite with a switchback is impossible because..." Finish that sentence. Go on.

Behind all your bull**** you have nothing real to say. You're just so obsessed with your own opinion when it was suggested it could be something you didn't think of, you flared up, got annoyed, and just threw your toys out the pram and went "NO IT ISN'T!". Without a reason. Without a WHY.

All I ask for. A why. And a real one.

Mike T

Mega Poster
So have you stopped reaching out for the Maurer argument then? Well then, in regards to the Mega Lite, you brought up an interesting point citing that there's no reference of a chain lift in any of the drawings, suggesting a cable lift instead - to help your argument.

Ben I'm not too sure if you fully understand how a cable lift hill works - especially on Intamin roller coasters, but it does involve utilizing box track. Unfortunately for your sake, the lift shows bi-rail track. So I'm trying to understand if you truly think this coaster is going to be Mega Lite, or if you're just wasting people's time trying to cover up all the loose ends you seem to leave when you make comments to begin with?

Ben

CF Legend
Wow, sorry I'm not an expert on cable lift hills... BTW, Goliath, Walibi World, that doesn't have box track on the lift, and that's a cable. Oh, I also present El Toro as exhibit B here. That CERTAINLY doesn't have box track. Almost... the wooden version of bi-rail... hmmm...

First, you mention Maurer? I never thought it would be a Maurer coaster? If I did and I've forgotten, it certainly wasn't after the new plans...

I truly think this coaster COULD be a Mega Lite, yes. If anyone, including yourself, Mike, could actually give me the opposing evidence I'm ASKING you for, then I can concur it's less likely. Come on, point out these 'loose ends'. I'm seeing a LOT of talk from the two of you, but nothing behind it.

But, for me, I see too much evidence that it COULD be a ML. That, or a Premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.