What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Noise Impact Analysis said:
Noise from the planned new coaster was modelled on a similar one located at Thorpe park. The Thorpe park ride, "No Way Out" is totally enclosed within a metal framed/clad building.

What does a indoor, backwards, old, family Vekoma coaster have similar to SW6?

Noise Impact Analysis then said:
These sound power levels were then used, again using the standard calculation method, to predict outdoor "free-field" sound pressure levels from the external areas of the proposed replacement coaster. Listening tests at Thorpe park indicated total inaudibility of the ride noise external to the building.

Perhapse this is a Vekoma then, since Merlin are using data from their only Vekoma coaster to predict levels for SW6. I'm sure it would have been a lot easier to take readings from the likes of Colossus or Rita if they wanted noise analysis for an Intamin track.

Atleast the good news is that they don't think its going to be very loud. :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Hopefully they lied about noise so we can get another Nemesis style level of noise, atleast until Satan and his wife find out...

I mean Ropers, but there is no difference really...

spicy

Giga Poster
loefet said:
spicy said:
Looks good although still can't tell the manufacturer, its mainly bi-rail track so the coaster isn't going to be very forceful unless they just aren't showing the tri-track in the plan for some reason.
It don't have to be tri-track to handle higher loads, just add more supports, just look at Kanonen.

True, although Kanonen does have some tri-rail track, this doesn't appear to have any which is strange.

I also fail to see the benefit in rather than just using tri-rail track add more supports. Surely that costs more?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Two rail is cheaper than three, even if supporting costs more, and if they want the track to look a certain way, then they may want bi-rail, but I think Intamin and 3 rail for most of the ride.

A

Anonymous

^^^ Kanonen have tri-rail on parts where they weren't able to have as many supports, same goes for quad-track and they have even less supports.

What we have seen so far, then the new type of Intamins (Jet Rescue and Mick Doohan...) with just bi-rail and also have hydraulics involved.

aly

Mega Poster
Found this on the noise impact assessment:

corckstatementaj7.jpg

Then further into the document it mentions X:/NWO?????

aly

Mega Poster
Peter said:
aly said:
Found this on the noise impact assessment:

Then further into the document it mentions X:/NWO?????

Thats exactly what I said a page back.... *sigh* :roll:

Woops! It's so hard to find a descent post in here without being overloaded with spam. I do apologise! lol. :lol:

spicy

Giga Poster
What type of coaster is X:NWO? If its the same as that I am going to cry.

Its going to be the same type of coaster as Expedition Everest imo, kind of a haunted mine type ride, although I am hoping for a mega-lite personally.

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
I think it's pretty clear from the layout drawings that you're not getting a ML.

How come...?

I think the layout drawings support a ML more than they rule one out. The hills, drop/corner combo and S-Bend elements are VERY Intamin, and VERY ML. As is the bi-rail used in the drawings. It's all VERY unlike anything Vekoma/Gerstauler/Mack/Anyway have made, and a LOT like what Intamin build...

Sure, there'll be some unique funky stuff on them for a ML, but... this is Intamin we're talking about... I'd say at the moment, it's looking sensible...

Ben

CF Legend
I don't see the sense in denying it could be a ML because it has switchbacks though... It'll have a World First element that we still can't really see. That would be a World First element. That makes sense to me. It doesn't point to a Vekoma, we've seen those with switchbacks. But, a ML, well, that would be something new. So no, I'm not forgetting the switchback, in fact, the exact opposite.

The drop combo CAN be found on many rides, I'm not denying that. But, seriously, you look at Piraten, and then tell me you see no similarity there...

I think the evidence is that the elements are shaped like on a ML. Or an accelerator, but I think we can safely throw that out... They're VERY Intamin. Find me a Vekoma shaped like that. With bi-rail as well, thank-you. Or a Mack. Or anyone. They look like the hills on the other MLs.

You're saying it's NOT a ML. What DO you think it COULD be?

Slash

Giga Poster
For Christ sake! No one knows what it's going to be! Why argue over what your opinion is, anyone guess is as good as the next persons! This pointless argument is just de-railing this topic for no apparent reason and will soon turn into people bashing! Just accept you could both be right!

Status
Not open for further replies.