What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Has anyone else been paying attention to the planning application?

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands...lication_detailview.aspx?caseno=KBM3OQPG04H00

It seems that a load of detailed plans have been uploaded over the past few days, which give the exact ride layout, including details of where the supports are, and side views. They're very detailed!

I've only spent 10 minutes looking at then, since i'm supposed to be doing work, :p, but it seems that the station length is no longer than Rita's (if infact slighty shorter. SW6's platform is 10/11 the length of Rita and about the same width) so I think we're going to see 4 car long trains, which fits in with a Mega-lite quite nicely.

The track appears bi-rail throughout the whole layout, with supports being really close to compensate for the lack of strength. Surely Intamin (or any other company) would go with tri-track in preference to hundreds of supports? I don't see why they would purposely draw the wrong track style, especially when the Rita has the correct track.

Also, at the bottom, it says that "Ride will be steel painted to a dark colour agreed by condition." I kinda assumed that it was going to be dark, but at least this is confirmation that its not going to be bright pink. :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
I'm pretty convinced that's an Intamin... It could be some sort of Gerstauler with different trains to what we have seen before, but the hill shapes and stuff just look too Intamin to me. About the track, bear in mind for the 'lower' parts of the ride (ie, the parts on the same sort of scale as this) the Mega Lites DO use a lot of bi-rail.

Honestly? It looks like a launch-less Rita... unless something VERY special happens in that building, I'm still struggling to figure out the... point... of it...?

Take a country with virtually no Mega-style coasters (Rita's the only one I can think of, tbh, PMBO can suck me), and stick a Mega-style coaster NEXT to the only one that really shares similarities with Mega coasters in the whole country... I just can't seem to fathom an airtime and corner focussed layout... inches away from another airtime and corner focussed layout.

Sure, some of the hills look good... but, I'm not holding out massive amounts of excitement at the moment, and as more plans emerge, the levels of excitement keep going down...

Dave

CF Legend
Still not a world first though? Im not saying it has to be, just Alton seem to have promised it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Dave said:
Still not a world first though? Im not saying it has to be, just Alton seem to have promised it.

Backwards tilt track or backwards launch. Whichever it is, it's a world's first :)

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Well, XNWO isn't exactly in a castle but...

And I saw cattlepens in the last slide of one of the PDF files... Lots of lovely cattlepens...

peely

Roller Poster
Ive been watching this thread closely.. What about of a drop ride inside the building? As in the train enters the building, stops, then the whole track drops like a drop style ride, once it lands below, a backwards launch to get back to the station?

Lets face it, it could be absolutely anything.

What about all that using enclosed cars with a built in simulator screen doing all the above as well? Lol

Speculation, speculation.. = NO FACTS :lol:

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Speculation is good though! Everyone uses their imagination and has fun doing so. The only downside to speculation is when everyone realises that the 'world's first' is the first big apple coaster to go above 30ft... or something...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
They are just pulling the same as they did with air.

It's a world's first for that particular manufacturer, whatever manufacturer that is. I agree, looks like Intamin.

spicy

Giga Poster
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(F)%20(14451).JPG

That plan shows the coaster off best imo.

Looks good although still can't tell the manufacturer, its mainly bi-rail track so the coaster isn't going to be very forceful unless they just aren't showing the tri-track in the plan for some reason.

Like I said before its not what I expected or hoped for but its different.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Doubt they would go in to detail about the track, it's only a plan, so the manufacturer could technicaly be anyone

A

Anonymous

spicy said:
Looks good although still can't tell the manufacturer, its mainly bi-rail track so the coaster isn't going to be very forceful unless they just aren't showing the tri-track in the plan for some reason.
It don't have to be tri-track to handle higher loads, just add more supports, just look at Kanonen.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^^ That was done in the Mummy rides at Universal. It could certainly work, although there'd have to be some sort of theme besides just a turntable, I suppose.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Actually, I think it's a good idea.

The thing with everyone saying it's not much of a world first, just think, there is not much things that can be done now, we have trains over, under and side on to the track, we have had backwards, forwards, spinning, standup up, flying seats and more, there is not much left for them to invent, so a niche or manufacturer first is all to expect, really.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Im getting mroe excited at every picture im really looking forward to this, after looking at it i could bet 20 quid its intamin, dont rip me apart but what is its a worlds first manufacturer... Nah scrap that

Jools

Giga Poster
I would laugh so badly if it turned out to be Zierer. :lol: Pony Express track, ofcourse there is always a possibility of Mack.

Nah, I'm putting my money on Intamin too.

Status
Not open for further replies.