What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

The plans look intresting, yet i'm a tad disapointed about the layout.

But it still looks a good ride due to the themeing. Also i can't really see them rethemeing Rita, but i really hope they do. It'll look even more terrible than it does now.

Also, if i had to place bets the manerfactorer i'd have to say Intamin, or possibly premier, as they do switch backs and launches etc.

marc

CF Legend
Probably if Rita was not there they could have made it longer but they are sort of boxed it, they can not go above Rita and it to expensive to dig under.

And the more I think about it I think Vekoma.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
furie said:
Yes, but we've covered this ground, plus the track is clearly for along train. So no Robocoaster.

Robocoasters have long trains too, have you not seen Kuka's plans? I'm not saying this is what it is, but it could be.

marc

CF Legend
We have been over and over this Universal have the rights for the whole lot be it arm or coaster so face it Alton wont be getting one, no park will unless its a Universal park.

Universal are using the company it the USA and the new Transformers ride which I can not remember where that is being built.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Singapore...

Hence, it's NOT A ROBO-COASTER...

I doubt the carriage part would be so long to produce such a length of switchback anyway... And with the rumoured throughput it's still doubtful as it's supposed to be more than RITA, I don't think a Robo-coaster would have such a great throughput unless on a massive scale, which is not what this is...

Let alone the layout :roll:

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
What i was wondering in the 09 season what is now ug land will be open? with there only being 1 attraction there which is rita, if this does happen queues wiil be quite large.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
What i was wondering in the 09 season what is now ug land will be open? with there only being 1 attraction there which is rita, if this does happen queues wiil be quite large.

Wasn't that the case when Corkie was open anyways?

Peter

Hyper Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
It looks like a sort of Wing Walker Layout.

I think we can rule out any overly big train design from looking at the station building:

sw6sw500.jpg

You can clearly see there the entrance to the switchback section (top left) and the entrance to the station (bottom right), and, although we don't have any scale, they look to be the standard shape and size for a 2 across train, with maybe just enough room for a 4 across (depends on the scale).

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I'm thinking this is still open for some launched woodie - Some other small park got a 35ft wooden coaster recently, so they don't have to be big or anything. It's not got any inversions and it's tyre launched...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Inversionperson said:
I'm thinking this is still open for some launched woodie - Some other small park got a 35ft wooden coaster recently, so they don't have to be big or anything. It's not got any inversions and it's tyre launched...

The layout says "lift hill". I'm assuming that the it means a lift hill, not a launch :p

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
loefet said:
Then we are back to an Intamin with a friction wheel driven launch-lift.

Sorry I just looked at this post and didn't really bother with the rest of it. Also in thatpost it mentions being made of steel, so my idea would've been out anyway.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Ug land will close for most of 09 to build the ride, and maybe the FV-CS skyride, so people wont see and so they can build safely.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
His current projects include the creation of major new rides for Thorpe Park for 2009 and Alton Towers for 2010 quote]

Just on john wardleys biography and came across this, im sure its nothing new but just thought id put it on

A

Anonymous

As someone said earlier, if long trains are ruled out, i think the chances of it been a LIM premier rides coaster is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.