What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Like the faux station idea! Will catch people out and add more excitement.
Although I would prefer to find out when I ride, but I would have to shut myself away from everything and everyone for 15 months.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
This ride is growing on me a little. It has the potential to become a great experience.
To me, the station building just screams dark forest theme. So, Rita would look very different unless re-themed. Merlin studios, unlike DIC, seem to be serious sbout this park, as suggested by the 10-year plan. So they should re-theme Rita or they wouldn't be doing their job properly!
Overall, I'm dissapointed with the layout but excited about the theme changes around the park. I wonder what the inside section could be?

A

Anonymous

I wonder what the first switching action will be, maybe something like a backwards Gravity Max tilting section. That would be pretty sweet and also a worlds first.

marc

CF Legend
I dont think they will post on here again sorry to say, maybe had they been drawn a bit better people may have believed more. I did not at 1st but when he kept on about them then I did.

But I always thought they could not remove trees which they are going to have to do.

This has a long way to go before they can even think of building it, a few locals are going to say no.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
loefet said:
I wonder what the first switching action will be, maybe something like a backwards Gravity Max tilting section. That would be pretty sweet and also a worlds first.

Yeah, I think that's the idea to be honest, and the only thing which still points towards it possibly being Vekoma.

southend_marc said:
I dont think they will post on here again sorry to say, maybe had they been drawn a bit better people may have believed more. I did not at 1st but when he kept on about them then I did.

They had the same reception from most sites to be honest - it's just part of the problem with rumours that surround these things. I always try to stay open minded, but it's very difficult to believe anything and evertything...

southend_marc said:
But I always thought they could not remove trees which they are going to have to do.

This has a long way to go before they can even think of building it, a few locals are going to say no.

The protected trees are mostly in the valley. They can remove some trees, and it looks like the layout is designed to work around trees that don't have protection on them.

Also, the coaster is lower than Corkscrew and the station building will reduce noise - so to be honest, the locals shouldn't have any reason to complain.

marc

CF Legend
Well lets hope so, to be fair Rita will probably make more sound that this.

I did not read other sites so had no idea they got the same from other people.

The only reason why I think this could be that company that make Eurofighters (can not spell their name) is simply due to John being involved and he is a fan of them. But Vekoma do have the technology there already and its proven.

spicy

Giga Poster
Some people probably still will complain just out of spite because they haven't got their relief road yet.

I don't know really what to think about the coaster really, if its announced as a Mega-lite I will be excited but I could see it being announced as a Vekoma mine type ride like Everest, it will be good but not very thrilling. Bit like Everest itself.

The themeing on the other hand I love, I could see this working really well however they have got to do something about Rita if they want this to work.

Its very different, still no Nemesis or Oblivion beater though.

Ollie

CF Legend
I quite like the theme. I wonder if they will tie it into Hex somehow.
Also I have no idea what they're going to do with Rita as if they're going for some sort of haunted area then Rita eliminates that straight away.

A

Anonymous

Someone that apparently have read the documents very well pointed out to me that there might be some kind of hydraulics involved in the propulsion system of this ride.

From the 14441 document sections 2.4
hydraulics.jpg

Then we are back to an Intamin with a friction wheel driven launch-lift.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^ Ah or could it be a B+M with a launch? (no I'm not being serious.)

This has probably been uploaded already but...

I spy bunny hops!

Edit: link this time!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Rita will be re-themed to running away from the big scary house.

Those hydralics mentioned in that image above; could they not just be part of the switch back? how do they operate?

A

Anonymous

^ I have had that thought myself, but since we don't really know all the details, then they can be for a launch-lift.

It can also be that it will have a backwards launch on the switch by using friction wheels like the ones on Galaxy Express and the ones in Australia. That's really a world's first.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, but we've covered this ground, plus the track is clearly for along train. So no Robocoaster.

Loefet, I do think the Hydraulics are for the switch section. The artwork on the survey shows the coaster vanishing into a hole. While I think that's not what we're getting exactly, I do think that they're going to launch, or drop, the train backwards - hence the use of Hydraulics. Another launch in the area next to Rita would seem a bit funny...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I actually was getting quite excited about the new coaster, but after looking through the last few pages of posts and at the plans, I feel a bit deflated...

What exactly is 'Worlds First' about it?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Possibly a backwards launch, or backwards drop (a la Vekoma Tilt).

Again, can I just reiterate that it's going to be a long train. The switch section is almost the length of the building - there's no way they'd need a section that long for short cars. It's got to be a 'proper' train. So unless Gerstlauer start making long trains, it's going to be Mack, Intamin or Vekoma.

Technology wise I'm thinking Vekoma, but layout wise it looks more Intamin.

Also, cost wise? Is it more Intamin cost?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I actually think it looks great. The themeing looks incredible, and I think Merlin can definitely pull it off.

Okay, the 'ride' part looks short, but, I reckon it will be fast, have some nice pops of airtime, and the fact is stays low to the ground and through the trees will make it even better.

I think the building part will also be good. Someone mentioned having a show in there. That would be cool, and different from your average coaster. (Except a few out there).

I have no idea about a world's first, but I don't think it really needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.