What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

^ Too bad that it don't include any information about manufacturer. But there is a lot of good info in those documents.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm...

Not sure what to think.

I'd kinda like someone else to do the thinking for me. :lol:

Really though, I'm not sure about this. World's First? I'll have to see some more detailed plans and have some more information before I'll see what's so special.

Oh, and the buildings look great.

marc

CF Legend
Wow the building looks great. Still no word as to the make though from what I can see.

But going by the 1st drop thats very much Intamin, but as of yet they have not made any switch backs so I guess it will be the worlds 1st with what ever they do there.

But I would still not rule out Vekoma or the people that make Eurofighters that I can not remember the name ok lol.

B&M though I would say no.

Peter

Hyper Poster
It certainly looks interesting. I've just read through the whole plans, and its looking good. The themeing looks great, but I wonder how well it will fit in with Rita. I would love for them to make some slight changes to Rita to make it fit in with the new coaster.

Is this new coaster also coming with a whole re-theme for Ugland (ie the shops and stuff)? If not, its going to look really weird having dinosaur, racing and haunted themeing all in one place...

One thing I picked out from the plans that alot of people might might skip over is this comment:

The new coaster will be constructed from steel supported by columns and will operate using hydraulics.

This probably doesn't mean anything, since hydraulics would be used in loads of places in a coaster, but could it mean something like a hydraulic launch or lift? :?

Its looking very much like an Intamin Megalite type thing at the moment. The only things that leading me off that theory is the switchbacks, because as far as I know, Intamin havn't done anything like that yet? Also the lift hill has a really shallow angle compared to other coasters.

It also says that the coaster is going to have a capacity of 1200 people per year. I lolled at that. :lol:

EDIT: Just noticed there seems to be a lack of a Fastpass or single rider queue. There is just the main queue, and another mystery queue that runs from the exit platform around to the loading - perhapse this could be used for fass pass?

I can't believe that Merlin would put a new coaster in without it having one.

Mark

Strata Poster
Like the look of the theming in the plans as base point.

I also agree that the coaster has a very "Intamin" look about it. I thought the drop almost had a Millennium force look to it...

EDIT: Scrap the MF part of that statement. I've been looking again and it must have been the dodgy angle I was looking at or something...

Im intriqued, interested, possibly excited...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It also says that the coaster is going to have a capacity of 1200 people per year. I lolled at that. :lol:
Still better than Walibi's Vertigo.

And it's growing on me, this one. Now waiting for the name. I'm hoping for something that isn't plain ridiculous.

Jools

Giga Poster
Hmm.. I'm starting to question if Rita will still be Rita after the retheme, and it's going to take alot of work to get it out of the Thunder Rock Rally theme off it. A repaint would be logical too.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
So dark forest was right all along, those images were eral with the castle and crypt. Be interesting to see how this looks next to Hex, and how the area and Rita looks.

If there is no fastpass or single rider then that would be strange, but fastpass uses the exit as its reserve if fastpass queue itself is closed, so it may use the exit and the mystery queue could be single rider.

Now the wild quessing will stop, all thats left is manufacturer and name. My money is on Intamin Mega-lite.

Dave

CF Legend
Someone to me just shouted Megalite, And I could kinda see where they are coming from...But dosen't explain that first drop that looks like a loop element of some kind.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Wow! Fantastic news, but where are the people who usually moan about scaffolding :? Looks to me that the back of the station on this ride will be the same as Nemesis Inferno then.

A

Anonymous

That does look pretty good I must admit, will make visiting AT very worthwhile once its built. It will look a little out of place though in its location, so there must be a major re-theme in the pipeline too...?

The layout looks quiet good, weaves around the trees and I think I can spot three inversions maybe? Think I've got a heartline twise, corkscrew and dive loop maybe??

Status
Not open for further replies.