What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ermm, whats gone on since the guy on BBC news said they were bringing something spectacular in 2010? 63 pages, and I can almost gurantee 60 pages of it is worthless speculation, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME, it might make me want to go back to Alton Towers in 2010...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Meters Poke, we're a metric country you know? :roll:

Pierre. It's a short ride, looking like a small Intamin Mega-light, or a Mack coaster like that new blue thing. Possibly even Vekoma.

It is likely to have a stop after about 3/4's of the ride in a dark section, where the train is reversed and sent down into a backwards helix. Another switch piece then sends the train forwards and back into the station.

Plans at the planning office note a makeshift castle type of facade - suggesting the coaster is to be enhanced by a lot of theming... Or is that we hope there a lot of theming and some great in-ride effects and the like, otherwise it's going to be a pretty short coaster.

The plans look like there may be a few little bits of airtime, but I think there's only four small hills, terrain hugging by the looks of it.

The ride is lower than corkscrew, with a lift hill. It runs around the old Corkscrew site, with a queueline running from roughly the old Corky station, through the old Corky queue area and down towards where Ug Swinger was - with the Ugswinger ride area being the start of the queue.

This is about all we can tell from the plans so far submitted at the Leek planning office...

Enough? :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Had to look at what a Mega-Lite was :lol: but yeah apparently Piratens one and I've saw a POV of that it looks pretty sweet. But didn't that guy say there was going to be a worlds first something... have we not got that far yet??
Last question, if the queue begins at Corkscrews old station and the new ride begins at Ug-Swinger... how is it proposed guests get to the queue, will we be able to turn right, and go around Rita? Because we can't exactly just plough/plow through the cattle grid of Ritas queue...

Hopefully this will reduce the queue stress on Rita as well, because its a decent ride but not worth the stupid queues it often gets...

Ermmm cheers furie :lol: and I'll keep checking this topic regularly now seeing as we're actually getting some updates...

A

Anonymous

^ A photo of the planned queue line according to the application have been posted in this thread before. but in case you missed it, here it is again:

DSC00014.jpg

Pierre

Strata Poster
All I can make out from that is it says Entrance, but I can't put a location on it (I've always been crap at reading **** like this) and that its another ridiculous cattlegrid I'm going to be standing in.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pierre said:
Had to look at what a Mega-Lite was :lol: but yeah apparently Piratens one and I've saw a POV of that it looks pretty sweet. But didn't that guy say there was going to be a worlds first something... have we not got that far yet??
Last question, if the queue begins at Corkscrews old station and the new ride begins at Ug-Swinger... how is it proposed guests get to the queue, will we be able to turn right, and go around Rita? Because we can't exactly just plough/plow through the cattle grid of Ritas queue...

Hopefully this will reduce the queue stress on Rita as well, because its a decent ride but not worth the stupid queues it often gets...

Ermmm cheers furie :lol: and I'll keep checking this topic regularly now seeing as we're actually getting some updates...

LOL! No, the ride queue entrance is at Ugswinger, and the actual ride entrance by the Corkscrew one. The queue winds from Ugswinger, round the back of the Corkscrew queue to the new castle thing where the Corkscrew station used to be :)

No news on what is "worlds first". It's likely to be some kind of show or special effects as part of the switchback though... Though I think Disney may have already got the jump on them on that front...

I think chances of a mega-lite are slim, but it depends on if the ride is going to be a "thrill" ride, or "family". We'll not know that really until we see some more detailed plans...

Thanks Loefet :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Oh I mis-read. I read it was the queueline running to Ug-Swinger as if Ug-Swinger would be the start of the ride... oh well, thanks for that guys! :)

A

Anonymous

Well it does seem this coaster is shaping up like some of those test concept boards which showed up in the summer, take another read of the 'Rollercoaster' concept discription which can be found on Sreamscape.

(I would post a direct link but for some reason it wont let me, i have to be a member for 7 days apparently. i would greatly appreciate it if someone could post the link for me. Thanks)

It does seem like a description of what we've heard so far (notably the 'backwards launch' and 'tilt' points)

But the question is, are we seeing this concept coming into bloom or have the rumours merely developed from this?

Either way I thought it would be something notable to bring up...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I like the queue, if it's done right it will be good. If they put it in trees with themeing, then the queue will be dark and claustrophobic, which wil make the atmosphere better.
Unless you are claustrophobic, then thats a problem, not a good thing.

We shall have to wait and see.

Lofty

CF Legend
**** off!

That queue line is ****ing diabolical!

I thought rita's was bad but if them plans are correct, that takes the ****ing piss!

spicy

Giga Poster
They should call it land of the cattlepens. Its seriously just going to be a land full of queueline!
Can't wait to see it when the parks full and Rita's cattlepen is full and so is the new coasters, over 1,000 grumpy people queueing for hours :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
Get there early, and do what the spanish do at PA... (Anyone been during the lands opening in the morning and you'll know)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Agreed it does need reorganising, and putting an SW behind another ride is a mistake, but it's shaping up to be fantastic if you read into it. Head over to TowersTimes and the SW6 (2) topic has lots of information.

spicy

Giga Poster
Thought I would post this, seems to be the theme for the coaster, either that or it just fits incredibly well by coincidence.

2njdm5u.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Yes it does sound extremely like this project... Another thing is... Looking on them diagrams and where it said '60' before... 22m Is 72ft... If you look at the plans, the coaster does appear under the tree line.

That piece of writing may well actualy be correct!

spicy

Giga Poster
^Remember a while ago Alton sent out those different theme ideas? Then asked for them to be removed but Screamscape posted them anyway. That piece of text was part of that

I personally think we could be looking at this theme:

1532zv8.jpg

Peter

Hyper Poster
It all fits what we've seen perfectly.

There is what looks like a tilt section indoors on the left, and the terrain hugging sharp corners and airtime hills rushing through the forest. I really hope that this dark forest theme is going ahead. :)

Apparently (according to some guy on Towers Times) the detailed planning application should be online by the end of the week. AT has submitted the full plans, but they still need to be scanned in before they get online.

I for one can't wait to see the detailed plans. :--D

Lofty

CF Legend
Same here, the picture above really does actualy fit into the whole synopsis of what everyone has been saying, I for one, completely hopes that it is that coaster, from the concept it looks rather good and the theming looks incredible!

Going off what Alton has done with the whgole mutiny bay area, and also Battle Galleons, I am sure whatever the coasters gunna be we can have a good incling that it will be well themed?

Status
Not open for further replies.