What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I havn't checked this topic in 2 days and suddenly 3 pages appear out of nowhere!
The pictures all look interesting especially the queue line one! this coaster seems to fit so it could be real or a cleverly planned hoax, but I have no idea who to believe. The 3-D rendering of the ride looks like Intamin track, doesn't it? I wonder if it was just a random ride to build with or specially chosen? :wink:

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I can't imagen the mistery element to be anything too extreme. The rest of the ride is at quite a casual level. IMO the world's first is something we've seen before outside, but inside.

marc

CF Legend
From what I have seen though at parks with switch backs, they add one thing to the ride and that is down time. I personally dont find it fun going backwards on a coaster, they even had to tame down some rides as people were feeling ill after.

Will be interesting to see who does make the coaster though, it could still be Vekoma they already have the technology. I dont think it will be B&M they wont even make a launch let alone switch back.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I'm gonna stick to my guns and call bluff on these plans. I can just picture people within Alton sat at their computers laughing at peoples reactions.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
^ Yeah, I'm sure Alton are wetting themselves pissing off the planning authorities with a bogus application...

Looking at:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... C00022.jpg

The inside building section looks like it could indeed be some type of dropping track...?

Perhaps, they're not showing the indoor track... but they seem to be showing a fair amount of it, which leads me to believe there is this discontinuity in the track... some form of effects track...

If it is indeed track that drops vertically as a body, then the train will need some form of propulsion to get it up the helix after the 'trick' track...

Or backwards tilt type coaster? But then, there doesn't seem to be pictured a pull out from any sort of drop... hm.

I, however, am almost certain that the world's first bit will be inside, but NOT worlds first simply by being inside (eg worlds first indoor blah blah)... I have more faith in Alton than that...

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
In the same way that they put in the plans for a wooden coaster, only to just retract them?

To be fair, they were pretty much forced to pull the plug on that one after several parties let them no that there'd be a no cat in hell chance of them letting those plans pass...

So, again, they weren't wasting any more of the planning authorities time than was necessary. They put it up, came to their senses on feesability then took it down.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Are you 100% sure that the photos in question were actually submitted or someone just made them on word added some fancy lines and typed some bogus text?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Personally, I think you're all being daft.

I highly doubt any enthusiast would go to that trouble, and if they did they'd have not produced this type of coaster. If it's Alton's own game, then why make all this effort for such a minority of the public? (You can argue Saw's case, but I had people coming to me and saying HAVE YOU SEEN THORPES NEW COASTAH" before I'd mentioned a word.)

But that's irrelevant, it doesn't need arguing for. These plans are clearly real ones. The question is not "do they really intend to get a coaster like this" but "will the planning go through?" And since It's even shorter than the coaster before it, which was perhaps a conscious decision so that they have an argument if it was denied, so there is no reason why it wouldn't go through.

Being skeptical is a wonderful, wonderful thing - but you're taking it to extremes of sillyness people.

spicy

Giga Poster
Edit- Looks like I missed alot from few pages back :lol:

just incase anyone else missed the links like me-

Bailey on TowersTimes wrote:
i think these may keep you guys entertained

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... C00014.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... C00018.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... C00020.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... C00021.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... C00022.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... C00023.jpg

I would say that these are definately real, if anyone goes to that much trouble to try to fool us then, well they have fooled me.

Looks interesting anyways!

Slash

Giga Poster
Its shorter than the Corkscrew! Maybe we are looking at an uphill launch with LSM/LIMs and such.They are interesting, but seeing as I can't see different views of the ride I can't see anything that the squiggles could be.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
On different news!

Looks like Cred Street is being re-themed into a kind of "land of the giants". Nothing confirmed yet, but it's looking like it's set in a garden of some kind, with oversized items... Possibly :lol:

spicy

Giga Poster
I was thinking maybe a Madagasgar theme? I got an E-mail that they are doing a Madagasgar week at the hotels with all the characters for the kids and that.

Just an idea that I think could work? Although I doubt it is that.

Hope its not Land of the Giants that sounds lame.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, the Madagasgar thing is just part of an enticer to get more families to go over half term :)

It looks to be more integrated with the Algenon show... Which is a shame as that's lame :roll:

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I've heard somewhere that the planning permission states that the station is going to be a half finished castle with scaffolding round it. Apparently it's suppose to resemble the Towers. Is this true? And if it is, what will the Ug Land be rethemed to? Dark Forest maybe? If so, what will come of Rita?
See how you take to those questions... :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I take them like this...

1. Until we actually see detailed plans, nobody will know, so you can't really say anythnig at this point.
2. Alton happily had Rita running through Ugland - they don't give a **** if a racing car called Rita zooms around a castle, dark forest, jelly bean land or giant dog turd.
3. We may... have to wait and see!!!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen the plans, but there's one thing that makes me wonder. What the heck are the measurement units on those drawings?

- It can't be feet. Corkscrew wasn't 60 meters tall.
- Neither meters for the excact same reason
- Feet above sea level - possible
- Meters above sea level - hmmm?
- Coordinates?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's above sea level Pokemaniac :)

Alton is up a hill, in quite a high part of the country :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Meters or feet?

And personally, I hope this planning app will go through. The coaster looks neat. However, I hope they won't theme it in a way they can't pull off... (see Rita)

Status
Not open for further replies.