What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
spicy said:
^Remember a while ago Alton sent out those different theme ideas? Then asked for them to be removed but Screamscape posted them anyway. That piece of text was part of that

I personally think we could be looking at this theme:

1532zv8.jpg

That's the exact theme I was thinking of aswell.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The description has another to go with it, describing the theme for the area, and a Robo-Arm flat themed on the trees moving. The two texts fit like a jigsaw.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I mean a seperate flat ride, that is what it describes, another ride.
It describes the land, then a short paragraph about a nameless coaster, and a Robo Arm

I'll try and find it and either edit this post or make a new one.

EDIT:Here it is. You will need to zoom, sorry.
1496txv.jpg

marc

CF Legend
From what I remember them pictures were meant to be old and a website was told to remove them.

And again how many times does it have to be said that on Universal can use the Robo Arm, unless something has changed that we dont know about.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Now you mention it, it suggests a launch-the way Rita should be themed, so maybe Robo arm/coaster? It's a world first.
About Robo arm, AT had to negociate with SF for the right to build Nemesis, maybe AT have a similar deal for Robo arm

marc

CF Legend
Would not think so, Disney had to stop using it and you can bet they would not allow Merlin. The only thing I can think of is the Blackstone connection. Universal have a 10 year deal.

But Alton will not be getting a Robo Arm, its being used at Harry Potter Land not AT.

But as I said these plans are old and have already been removed once from the net.

Lofty

CF Legend
You are right Marc, hence my comment about an animatronic, that could work, butnot a ride, its not going to happen, maybe in years tocome far down the line, when universal have their rights cut?

marc

CF Legend
But I would say that coaster is a possibility and maybe AT had the removed to stop people seeing what they wanted.

But yet again how does a forest theme fit in with Rita? unless that gets a new theme the land will be messed up straight away.

Lofty

CF Legend
Imo it was messed up anyway, the rides didn't 'gel' as much as the other lands if you will. Rita always seemd out of place!

I'm just hoping its true that the new plans are actualy realeased this weekend!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Thing is, if the concept plans were fake, AT wouldn't have them taken down, so I think they are real

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Robo arm thing... Don't get robo arm and robo coaster mixed up.

The robo arm technology is simply a flat ride, like the ones at Legoland.

The robo coaster is a roboarm, on a coaster track. None of the plans presented ever hinted at a robotic arm on a coaster :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I was saying too, I severely doubt the robo arm even being made there too!

They look like killers for capacity... Imagine the queue's?

marc

CF Legend
Disney were not even allowed to use the Roboarm technolgy anymore. They used it for the rides that were being built but then not allowed to use it on any new ones.

So its not just the coasters its the whole lot. The new ride for Harry Potter is not a Roboarm coaster its a ride using the nornal Roboarm if what is being told is true.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I seriously hope that this isn't going to be a robo-arm flat/coaster because for some reason, i dislike the thing... :evil:
I like the idea of the dark forest theme and I would like to take the liberty of saying that I was the first person to enquire about this possibility, only to be told that it wasn't likely. :roll:
I am more interested in the possible re-theme of rita. I'm sure that they would need to retheme rita unless they go for the thunder rock valley theme for the area?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
That was one of the plans, to extend on it and the plan shows two launch tracks side by side, but the recent plans appear to disprove it, and it all points to the dark forest idea being the chosen one.

marc

CF Legend
All I heard was they were going to change the end of Rita to how it should have been, the same as the one in Germany.

Dont know if this is true either.

spicy

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
All I heard was they were going to change the end of Rita to how it should have been, the same as the one in Germany.

Dont know if this is true either.

I doubt thats true as it would be completely pointless. I have ridden Desert Race and Ritas ending probably gives more airtime than Desert Race anyway.

Rita will need to be rethemed if they go for this dark forest retheme other wise its going to look pretty stupid.

However they didn't seem to mind a female racer going 0-60 in 2 seconds straight through the middle of a prehistoric land, so I wouldn't put it past them :lol:

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
From what I remember them pictures were meant to be old and a website was told to remove them.

They were never stated to be 'old', TT was just asked to remove them. As far as we know, they were found in a survey only a few months ago. It takes at least a month for surveys like that to be properly analysed and thus, it is impossible that Alton would have already decided against an idea they were currently spending a large investment collecting views on.

And again how many times does it have to be said that on Universal can use the Robo Arm, unless something has changed that we dont know about

The Robo arm isn't going to happen.

Have you seen the cost of those things?! If Alton are spend £12m next year, all they'll get is a coaster (NOT a Robo Arm coaster... those would cost WAAAAAAY more than a regular coaster...- look it up, but I heard they were betweeen 500k-1million PER arm a couple of years back... and imagine how much they'd cost to get enough for a decent coaster capacity...) Mhmm.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Mum went to a carees convention today and the alton towers were there, some exciting news about the sea life but i dont if the rides for half term are up yet so..
Oblivion
Hex
Doodle-Doo Derby
Tractors
Riverbank eye spy
Berry Biash Bash
Dung Heap
Singing Barn
Squirrel Nutty
Spinball Whizzer
Runaway Mine Train
Duel