What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
It was clear in the statement Uiversal held the rights to the lot and use the arm at Universal Studios California.

Actually this is interesting, Universal signed a deal with Kuka and this new ride is being built by Robocoaster not the same company. Kuka are German, Robocoaster are from the UK.

Its actually quite hard to understand, it seems they split with Kuka in 2004. So is it 2 companies or the same and who have Universal signed with lol.

http://www.robocoaster.com/content/prod ... d-services

Sod it this is how sad I am I just called them lol. They are NOT allowed to sell new rides, but they can sell rides already exist.

spicy

Giga Poster
New rides as in new ideas that have not yet been manufactured or newly manufactured rides?

As in the roboarm already exists somewhere else so they can sell it on, not manufacturer an entirely new one.... Dunno if I explained that very well :lol:

Why did they sign such a deal? These roboarms are clearly in demand Universal must have paid them a serious amount of money to have the deal for 10 years.

marc

CF Legend
I took what they said as if them mean 2nd hand, or a ride type that was there before the deal with Universal.

But a park can of course ask Universal for permission to use the technology.

Kuka make the arm, Robocoaster make the ride 2 seperate companies. When a park orders a ride they order from Robocoaster. Universal signed the deal with Kuka not Robocoaster thats why they can sell stuff that already exists.

Anyway this has gone way off topic.

Could Alton get one of these rides, yes they can. Can Alton get the coaster, no they can not as its part of the new technolgy and not been built yet.

So yes Erol was right to a degree, it was never said that the deal covered the old designs or not and it does not.

I simply asked the question about the 10 year agreement and how the pier could buy the ride.

Hope that all makes sence.

marc

CF Legend
Give it a page or 2 and I am sure someone will be re quoting what I written above lol.

I felt a real nerd calling them but wanted to understand it once and for all :)

Darren

Roller Poster
In other news...
The new Sealife Centre is to be called 'Sharkbait Reef', featuring indoor theming to a shipwreck and a 10m shark tunnel. This aquarium has also been billed as the best in the UK. It will be 4 times the size of Chessington's in terms of water capacity.
Also Cred Street has been re-named 'Cloud Cuckoo Land' which will be themed to a place of no realily.
All in all, it sounds promising with great names! :--D

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Interesting about Cred Street, though tbh, there isn't much to do there anyway as it's a dead end...

Silly Hex blocking the way :lol:

Also on towerstimes (which I checked for the above info) what I said about Pizza Hut/KFC is true... Pizza and Pasta that is in-house...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Like the new names, looks like they remember how to make good names again. Want to see the new skyride, shouldn't be long before it's revealed.
As for 2010, I want the coaster or maybe area to be called 'The Crypt', but without the 'The' if thecoaster gets that name.

A

Anonymous

There is already a picture on the net of the new Skyride gondolas.

NEWGONDOLA.jpg

Thanks to TowersNerd for the picture.

marc

CF Legend
Maybe we can crash test them at the next live lol.

Its hard to see what they are like really, other than nice a bright.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I think Skyride is the scariest ride in the park :( I think its the only one i have to hold on tight for the entire time.

marc

CF Legend
I dont like it either after seeing them people getting stuck years ago due to the wind and having to be rescued. There is no way on this planet I would have gone down on a rope or ladder.

Last year was the 1st time I used it in about 5 years and look what happened.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I didn't mind the old ones really, they're not as scary as the ones in switzerland (Hanging over 500+ft drops, and suddenly you go over a pylon bit and the car drops a foot or so as it comes off the supported bit.)

Just so long as there's none painted like cartoon cows...

Ollie

CF Legend
I've broken down on he skyride before and had to be evacuated from it.

I got some video bits while we were stuck on it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdL9Z0xk4Ks&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
^That was a bit of a let down, when you said evac, I thought ya meant from over the middle of the valley. Wonder how they'd do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.