What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Wont be a valley coaster-It would be visible and would remove lots of trees. So can not be done. Eurofighter-Worlds first remember?
I think it will be something never seen before, a whole new type of ride. Not a version of something else.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^^
Smithy on page 22 after finding out the budget said:
I'd love another B&M, but can see a Gerstlauer being installed

I really, REALLY hope it's something mindblowing though.

He's right. To be honest I'd like it to be something from Gerstlauer.

A

Anonymous

spicy said:
It's not a Eurofighter, forget about it.

How do you know that ?

It could be *ANYTHING* the park are alowed to have so *NOTHING* is out of the question.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Dave said:
Its got more plausability than a launched woodie.

Well, if you want to argue the point... I say a EF is less likely seeing as Alton have said this will be a worlds first.

Barnes said 'Something Spectacular'.
That's not going to be another SAW the ride.
Making it the 4th EF in the country.

A 'worlds first' feature on a ride type that already exists.. hahahha.
No.
It's going to be a world's first coaster.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
To support the Eurofighter, it could be the steepest roller coaster in the world, much like how Thorpe wanted Saw to be advertised? Then again, why would Merlin do that if they knew damn well the next year Alton would steel it.

N I want to say why on earth would Alton get a Eurofighter if Thorpe are getting one, but we've seen Rita and Stealth. I remember it came as a shock when Rita got announced for that exact reason.

In theory, it could be a Eurofighter, but it just can't be. Why have a roller coaster which main feature is a drop when you have Oblivion a few minutes away, which just looks completely awe inspiring compared to any Eurofighter.

Jools

Giga Poster
Well what about that concept art, which pictured oblivion, looking down the hole, replacing the normal car with a backwards Eurofighter car, what was that about, a clue :?

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
i hear it's the world's first coaster to be talked to death over a year and a quarter before it's due to open...

really guys???? let's let 2009 come around first...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Probably a wild stab in the dark, but...

Drift Coaster
When Maure Sohne were developing the X-Car ride, one of the concepts were apperently a drifting car. It works like a spinner, the seat are not solidly conected to the wheels, whick allows it to move around on the wheels. The seats are mounted to the front of the car, with a pivoting device which allows them to pivot. When a car goes around a corner, the seats will pivot about the pivoting mount, bringing the back out in a powerslide. Would be different and a first.

Oh, and UC, you speak sence, whatever anyone else says. Why does everyone go berserk because somebody injects a bit of level headedness.

Rush

Giga Poster
^If that's anything like the Drifting Coaster on RCT3 that will be painful.

A lunatic who I was on MSN to said:
ALTON TOWERS TO GET S&S THRUST AIR COASTER THATS 1000000FT HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

I think this idea is clearly win. :p

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Clearly the most reliable evidence yet. Can't help but think I heard it somewhere before though.... :-k

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Rush said:
^If that's anything like the Drifting Coaster on RCT3 that will be painful.

The drifting coaster on RCT3 is based on the M-S concept, so could be painfull. Infact, that may be why M-S scraped it for a normal car.

Mike

Giga Poster
coasterdude_1 said:
i hear it's the world's first coaster to be talked to death over a year and a quarter before it's due to open...

really guys???? let's let 2009 come around first...

If you don't like to hear rumours and confirmations before a ride is open, then why are you in the rumours and confirmations forum?

Anyway... Still hoping for the world's first Boulder Dash Clone. :)

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
blaze123 said:
Probably a wild stab in the dark, but...

Drift Coaster
When Maure Sohne were developing the X-Car ride, one of the concepts were apperently a drifting car. It works like a spinner, the seat are not solidly conected to the wheels, whick allows it to move around on the wheels. The seats are mounted to the front of the car, with a pivoting device which allows them to pivot. When a car goes around a corner, the seats will pivot about the pivoting mount, bringing the back out in a powerslide. Would be different and a first.

I thought there was already a Drift Coaster in the Amsterdam Dungeon.

http://www.rcdb.com/id3267.htm

I don't know if it is classed as a Drift Coaster but it's pretty similar.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Mack e-Motion ride you mean?

Would depend on it being a dark ride... But would not be a World's First due to the one at Amsterdam...

Unless we're doing manufacturer's first... :roll:

Have we not worked out yet that if it IS a world's first that it may be an actual new concept that only one compnay has thought of and not revealed it allowing Alton to do so?
And hence probably something that we have not and possibly cannot think of...

Rush

Giga Poster
Lol, remember the guy who sent his stand-up sideways concept to Drayton. :lol:

Good times. :D

I'm not suggesting Alton will get one but it contributes to the ridiculous World's First concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.