What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Not much yet. The ground shown covers an area the size of Corkscrew, plus a bit extra around the back and the woods to the left (looking from the station of Corkscrew). There's what looks like a queue line snaking around from the old queue towards Ug-Swinger area.

Not much to be honest.

Actual plans (detailed) are being submitted at the end of January - that's when we'll see heights and layouts I think :)

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Iv'e had a look at the plans but I don't see anything that suggests the size of the ride! :(
What do you think this tells us? Does it give you any hints of some sort??

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^^It does suggest the size of the ride though: it sticks mainly to Corkie's footprint (and definitely not the Valley).

We know they can't go above the treeline, so unless they plan on digging down (and there's no indication of that), it's probably slightly larger than Corkie.

I'm starting to think dark ride.

marc

CF Legend
I am starting to think let down tbh but thats just me.

Remember though they have moved Ug Swinger and these plans do not show a layout so that can still use that area either over or under Rita, so somehow by the side of it.

I am also thinking Eurofighter, but with a difference to make it a worlds first.

I would have thought for a dark ride they would use the old Black Hole tent?

Worlds first smooth SLC? lol :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
#pmbo said:
Any thoughts?

Yep, they're slightly less confusing red lines - but they still don't say much.

Suggestion is that the queue will run from by the side of Ug Swinger, up through the woods by the old queue-line.

The coaster will cover most of the old CS area, plus about half again into the woods from top and left of the old Corkscrew.

However, things are confused because the plans show old planning apps. There's a huge area right over half of Ugland at the back of the shops and stuff. Is that previous planning or new planning for a new area.

Also you have to take into consideration that not everything will require planning, only the ride if it steps out of bounds (note - Rita required no planning app).

Lofty

CF Legend
Marc, I am now thinking the same as you in terms of it being a eurofighter... On the lines of Mystery Mine I think its only a thought, but I seriously hope to god I am wrong!

A

Anonymous

The plans don't really rule out many of the possibilities it could be, but we do know it won't be a cross - valley woodie, or a hyper coaster in the valley. I'm not convinced it will be a Eurofighter, would both Thorpe and Alton get Eurofighters in the space of of a year? Surely Alton will get something different. I'm excited about the plans, all the previous secret weapons were successes and I don't see any reason for this one not being one.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Are some of you in here actually shooting down the idea of a Euro Fighter, yet are trying to justify a launched woody?

Jesus Christ, what the **** is wrong with some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.