What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Jewels. Stop moaning. Yes, your topic title may not include "SW6" but since it is an Alton Towers thread, and we've had numerous rumours about "SW6", then that is what is being talked about.

luke8

Mega Poster
You people are clueless.

Clearly it's going to be a TOGO Stand-up Inverted Launched Wooden coaster that goes under-ground and is made from recycled wooden coasters elsewhere in the planet.

I also hear it will have theming of an Ann Summers shop.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
If we can move away from SW6 snd Ug Land for a moment, what about the rest of the park-Gloomy Wood only has Duel, surely a couple more scary attractions could be added?
The Blade could be moved to Mutiny Bay, whewre it would be much more suitable-it would be a pirate ship again, and would fit the pirate theme, aswell as becoming the areas flagship attraction. It makes sence because it is a pirate ship-a family ride, so it would fit in Mutiny Bay and Alton wouldn't have to pretend it was a major thrill ride in Forbiden Valley, which could get a brand new flat ride, and with Blade a porate ship again, the new flat would receive a fantastic name.
mostly, though, I want to see some additions to Katanga Kanyon. I think it is one of thebest places in the park, and I love the RMT, and the rapids are fantastic. It is one of the best themed areas in AT, and deserves more than two rides. I would like to see a new coaster opposite RMT, if it is possible to fit one in. Not very big or intense like Nemesis or Oblivion. I'm thinking something like Spinball-not very big or expensive, but superb fun. Maybe one inversion, definately no more than 2 at the very most. for some reason I can see a custom Vekoma, but this is all just made up and not based on any facts or rumours I have heard. Maybe sometime I'll make some drawings or even an NL mock-up of what it could be like.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
^I don't think there is any space in Katanga Kanyon for that sort of malarky matey. ;)

Re:Gloomy Wood- Haunted House's re theme in 2005 or whenever it was ....Disaster.
HH used to be an awesome feast for the eyes and then they ripped out all the cool stuff and replaced it with green dots and a crap light gun game. I can play House of the Dead if I want a horror themed gun game, and it's a lot more fun than Duel. I really wish they would just change it back!!!

Er.... where the Gloomy walk is... (whatever it's called) I think there were rumors a few years back of a wooden coaster being built on that site. I thought that idea was great. I imagined something like GhostRider/Knott's- a ghoul themed woody with indoor sections that could feature spooky images/lighting. They should do that in the future.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
hhhhmmmm...
I like the sound of that spooky woody, but somehow I can't see it happening. I can't remember the HH. I agree, duel is rubbish, but I don't think that they'd refurbish it again... would they?
As for SW6 (sorry to return to that topic!) I like the launched woody idea. I don't think it will ruin the old feeling about it. To me, Rita seems just like any other ride after the launch. I can see what you're saying about the launched woody being invented if a park wanted it, but just because no-one has asked for it, doesn't mean that no-one will ask for it!
Furie is right, Alton towers can't be second guessed.

Kebab

Giga Poster
luke8 said:
I also hear it will have theming of an Ann Summers shop.

Sounds great :lol:
They did do a good job of finding plenty of underwear on the site; dating from the 80's :rr:

Anyhow; I can't see it steering too far from the formula, if it was a world's first woodie - maybe a worlds first element on it? :? Nevertheless this is Alton Towers I'm sure they can crack something good off, but it concerns me thinking back to its previously constructed coasters :( (Spinball Whizzer, AIR, Rita), all which were only average coasters.

C'mon Towers do something special :--D

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
UncleArly said:
Jewels. Stop moaning. Yes, your topic title may not include "SW6" but since it is an Alton Towers thread, and we've had numerous rumours about "SW6", then that is what is being talked about.

That's right, bring it back, he won't like that :roll:

ANYWAY:
My opinion on the pipeline coaster is that I like the concept, but I don't see it fitting in :?

And I agree with the fact that maybe there should be a new ride in Katanga or Gloomy, plus this would draw some attention away from Forbidden Valley, so might cut queues, if that makes sense.

Dave

CF Legend
Well I was reading somewhere that rides in the future could be recycled back into new rides, so what if they just built a ride recycled from another one (i.e. Corkscrew) worlds first Recycled roller coaster, for the new 'green' world. Its a long shot, as it could make a baby coaster ;)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
AmandaPanda said:
UncleArly said:

That's right, bring it back, he won't like that :roll:

Yes, because I wrote it to make him happy. No, the point is, if he doesn't like what is being discussed in his topic, then he shouldn't have made such a broad topic title, it's his own fault.

As it is, SW6 has all but been confirmed, so, that will be discussed, if he doesn't like it, make it clear in the topic title, or first post what he'd like to see.

A

Anonymous

something new?

The corkscrew at alton towers will be sadly missed. Cred Street really does need a refurb. What coaster would fit in well at alton towers though?

Mike T

Mega Poster
Dave said:
Well I was reading somewhere that rides in the future could be recycled back into new rides, so what if they just built a ride recycled from another one (i.e. Corkscrew) worlds first Recycled roller coaster, for the new 'green' world. Its a long shot, as it could make a baby coaster ;)

Python at Busch Tampa was fully recycled to create the rebar needed to construct Jungala.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Im wondering what the new cred street will be like. My moneys on Charlie and the chocolate factory/Rohld Dahl theme to tie in with the ride or mr fox (best childrens story ever made) film due out soon. I think they could pull it off superbly

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think Alton will touch any more Dahl intellectual property. They had a nightmare with the Dahl foundation with Charlie. Most of the cost wen ton the license, then they criticised it and made them make constant changes until they were happy.

Not good at all.

So I really can't see it.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
A shame, I think they could have pulled it off brilliantly.
I can just see the Ug swinger painted purple decorated in Mr. Foxes, and the whole place decorated like the illustrations in the books.
Sea life is now confirmed and building is underway, which is good news

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Tough...

I'm just thinking, I'm plotting to going up north for uni, and hence work at Alton for the latter part of 2009 and 2010...

Guess what I'll be begging to do the 2010 season ;)

Jools

Giga Poster
Me and Chris were talking and I'm afraid we both had bad images of Pinfari's and a Xtended Coaster (maybe clone of G-Force) and both of us almost collapsed of the thought :oops:

Eew, a stand up Pinfari, if that would work, erm... stand up extended coaster, wouldn't work :?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Jewls1993 said:
Me and Chris were talking and I'm afraid we both had bad images of Pinfari's and a Xtended Coaster (maybe clone of G-Force) and both of us almost collapsed of the thought :oops:

Eew, a stand up Pinfari, if that would work, erm... stand up extended coaster, wouldn't work :?
Cred street is staying as kids area, so no chance on a x-car. Spinball is close as AT will get to major ride in kids area. I doubt any coaster for cred street with project SW6 begining last month

Status
Not open for further replies.