What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Stone Cold said:
^The above is conjecture. It's obvious that AT are getting a triple racing Arrow Pipeline coaster, why else would JW be back unless it was to settle an old score, and SW2 + SW2 + SW2 = SW6. Coincidence, I think not!

I think you might have something here.
I'm putting my money on this theory.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
1 and two were both pipelines
1+2=3x2=6
Basing the ride on basic math. That would be strange, forgeting arrow and pipeline are long gone anyway
Im hoping B&M but not too fussed aslong as its good

A

Anonymous

How do you both come to that conclusion? Maybe if it is very efficient and able to pack in a lot. But who would build it Togo? S&S?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
LOL ha!

I also really am swinging towards this launching woodie idea. It does answer a lot of questions in my head that were doubting my thoughts of a woodie coming. The new trains introduced by the Gravity Group, the 'worlds first' concept, the height issue that is particularly relevant in this area of the park, and with a new racing theme being a possibility, a launched woodie would kinda fit in It's either completely bloody stupid, or a very strong possibility which could work well next to Rita. Hmmm :lol:

But, as people have said, it doesn't need to be a speedy launch. Just a boost to get it up to an average woodie coaster speed would do!

God I hate speculating so far in advance with hardley any facts ha! Just can't help myself.

Jools

Giga Poster
Can I just point out, that I made the topic name Alton Towers rumours/confirmations not Alton Towers rumours/guesses of what SW6 is going to be.

Mind you it is the topic of the moment, I was just saying.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Hey I just thought, surely AT can build woodies as high as they want? Because the height restriction is so that no coaster can be seen above the trees.

But if the coaster IS the trees...

And also I don't like the idea of a launched woodie. The whole point of a wooden coaster is that its a bit rough and it isn't meant to be all modern and launched... A launched woodie to me kind of sounds like a kiddie coaster with inversions, it's just not meant to happen.

Slash

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:
Can I just point out, that I made the topic name Alton Towers rumours/confirmations not Alton Towers rumours/guesses of what SW6 is going to be.

Mind you it is the topic of the moment, I was just saying.

What are rumours if not people sitting at home bored and starting a rumour to get people talking. OR some people who are just speculating and it becomes "real".

spicy

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:

Thank you for pointing that out, I wondered what the topic's name was.

Jools

Giga Poster
spicy said:
Jewls1993 said:

My god, does everyone pick on me in this way, I have seen countless other people who have said something almost identical to me and the didn't get sarcasm.

I suppose it's okay to try to guess what the ride will be, although I thought it would only be appropriate when we actually know something other than the fact it is code named: SW6 and it is a worlds first coaster.
Plus I will just have to accept it as I'd get moaned at... again.

Alot of guys on this site sure know how to moan, I don't actually think I'd be too popular at a live :(

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Jewls1993 said:
My god, does everyone pick on me in this way, I have seen countless other people who have said something almost identical to me and the didn't get sarcasm.

Not every one is very smart, they didn't see the sarcasm in the aroow/pipeline comments either, so it's not you being picked on, it's people who are too dumb to realise what you meant

Slash

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:
spicy said:
Jewls1993 said:

I suppose it's okay to try to guess what the ride will be, although I thought it would only be appropriate when we actually know something other than the fact it is code named: SW6 and it is a worlds first coaster.
Plus I will just have to accept it as I'd get moaned at... again.

Alot of guys on this site sure know how to moan, I don't actually think I'd be too popular at a live :(

I feel like that too, no doubt somone will come out with "Well, your right, I don't like you". I like you Jewls and I'd talk to you in a live.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
slash1994 said:
"Well, your right, I don't like you"

QFT ;)

Problem is, with most of the so-called 'rumours' on here, they are not thought out at all, and just comprise of a wish-list of people's wants...

The launched wooden 'rumour' has come about due to Gravity Group's new trains...

The pipeline 'rumour' was made up through maths I believe...

See the difference?

This is not football land, where rumours are made up without any thought whatsoever by the media...

Even if it is just a 'rumour', many of them in the coaster world are based on existing ideas, as shown by the launched woodie example... The pipeline hasn't existed since the FAILED SW2... Only if S&S came out with it again would it become a viable rumour... Obviously though, because it's Alton, they'll get whatever WE want because they like us...

Nope... Few parks actually do like enthusiasts as we're exceptionally whiney and pick on the smallest of issues... We're actually more the bane of parks, as we could easily find something wrong out of their multi-million pound investment... Critics aren't likeable... I'm suprised Chessie asked us for ideas, as it has positives and negatives (negatives through idiotic suggestions) and that probably makes us look stupid and oinly care about the biggest coasters around, when more often than not the smaller ones are much superior... Same goes for park-sizes as well...

And when we get 20-odd pages of spam based off a stupid rumour, of course people's opinions of you will decrease quite rapidly...
And when you think there was sarcasm (at blaze) in a post like that, you haven't read UC's, SC's and gavin's evidently... That's sarcasm down to a tee... :roll:

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
^Nah, sarcasm down to a T is Arnold J Rimmer.

Naming no names, certain individuals here just sound whiney rather than sarcastic when they get their panties in a twist.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nemesis Inferno said:
The pipeline hasn't existed since the FAILED SW2... Only if S&S came out with it again would it become a viable rumour

Well...

Intamin actually built one in 1996 for Lotte in Korea, which was then relocated to Kuwait, but has been SBNO for 3 years.

http://www.rcdb.com/id1604.htm

I'm NOT for one second suggesting that this is a viable option. It WON'T happen at Alton, and I'm NOT starting a rumour.

I just thought I'd share.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
[quote="Nemesis Inferno]The pipeline 'rumour' was made up through maths I believe...[/quote]

You obviously didn't see the joke and there was never any rumour. It was made up as a joke, surely you could see that, especially with the way I carried on the joke.

Away from SW6 for a moment, I would like to see some additions to Katanga Kanyon some time in the near future, if possible.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
gavin said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
The pipeline hasn't existed since the FAILED SW2... Only if S&S came out with it again would it become a viable rumour

Well...

Intamin actually built one in 1996 for Lotte in Korea, which was then relocated to Kuwait, but has been SBNO for 3 years.

http://www.rcdb.com/id1604.htm

I'm NOT for one second suggesting that this is a viable option. It WON'T happen at Alton, and I'm NOT starting a rumour.

I just thought I'd share.

Whoa nice find, is that the only one Intamin made?

I wonder what they ride like...
I always assumed they would make me feel nauseous.

Status
Not open for further replies.