What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Also for the record he aint from Manchester!
He's from Warrington! Not the same place at all!

I think they will have either removed the piece in question or have a crane holding it up

A

Anonymous

-lofty- said:
It'll look mightily funny when theres one clean support compare to all the moss/rust ridden supports around it!
#

I think they may put the rusty and mucky looking efect back onto the parts in question after there done fixing the problems so that its all looking like it did before.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
-lofty- said:
Is the rumours about the loop being re-supported true or is it just one support thats getting the treatment?

It'll look mightily funny when theres one clean support compare to all the moss/rust ridden supports around it!

erm.... I don't think you understand, the rust on the supports is 95% a manufactured visual effect ie- not real rust. When they re-insert the support it will still look the same so fits in with the rest of the ride. And it wasn't a rumor, there is photo evidence a few pages back that the support has been, or still is removed. Newb

:wink:

Martyn B

CF Legend
Erm..... so could someone please sum up for me whats going on so far?

I dont really no anything about anything thats been mentioned in this topic so far. I have read the news article on the main page about the new coaster, any info on that?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Basically, no. The rest of the posts since then have been speculation.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Im a bit confused.. Nooby question time.

IS this going to be a complete new coaster (such as oblivion, air etc..) or is it going to be something like a mega-lite but with an added "worlds first" element?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I think we've assumed that it's a 'normal' coaster with the addition of something special which happens in the tower building.

Ben

CF Legend
Please tell me people aren't believing a photo with some text that looks like it, and probably was, put on with paint.

I know what would be a better inclination towards there being statues used... it's in the plans!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
On TTF it's due to the person who has 'leaked' these...

He also has a map picture of the new area (and it's in the same style as Alton's real one, very difficult to achieve), and was indeed the person we have recieved the logos off...

Hence it's an interesting problem...

Also it's always the simple virals that work best imo...

spicy

Giga Poster
SW6.jpg

Don't think thats been posted yet? Looks cool.

Im beginning to think that maybe its an indoor backwards tilt section, therefore could be marketed as the world's first backwards vertical drop, it would also make you face the ceiling inside the castle so they could put a screen on the ceiling or something.

Just an idea...

nadroJ

CF Legend
That looks ridiculous.

It's like 'oooooh it's all dark and spooOOooky *owl hoots* ooOOooh3...2...1...Go!Go!Go!'

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmm...

That's why I'm thinking the pic is unofficial... Lack of Rita being changed...

If Rita isn't re-themed, it'll be stupidity of the highest order (cue loads of people bitching about Merlin and their mistakes :lol:)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It was made by somebody on TTF, they said they were focusing on the new rides station, not Rita.

Those pics are intriguing, and the new map of Cloud Cookoo Land looks cool, but why is Ug Swinger now a muchroom?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Muchroom? Is it bigger? :p

It's a mushroom because it's now cloud cuckoo land and anything goes! :)

spicy

Giga Poster
Have any other attractions been confirmed for cloud cuckoo land?

Be nice to see a Disk O or something like that.

Also is the Peugeot driving school now history?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Cloud Cuckoo Land is much as it was, only with Ug Swingers in place of the bouncing bugs.

New theming around, but I think the driving school remains. It looks like there's a "proper" playbarn where the inflatables used to be. I might try and sneak a peek when I'm there in Feb, but I think it's really just a facelift.

Status
Not open for further replies.