What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Even if cloud cockoo land is just a face lift, it will definatly brighten up the area. I think the driving school will fit in really well. It already has oversized cartoony themeing to it. It did stand out of the area when i was last there. Plus it cost far too much money to be removed only after a few seasons.

As for 2010, I think its promising for the ride to get planning. After reading on ttf, the original objections have seemed to be answerd. It seems the ride has been recommended for aproval! A wee bit of encouraging news.

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm going for the backwards vertical (or almost) section being a feature as I seem to remember one of the concept images that were released to begin with was Oblivion with a backwards car (which appeared to be a eurofighter car) on it, mixed with all of these tilting features, that would make sense.

marc

CF Legend
Can I just ask what is the point of a backwards vertical drop in the dark? I dont think this will be done as there is no point to it, and it would have to be high up or you would drop for all of a second.

They had to tame down the backwards section to Everest as people were complaining, so this is why I dont think this will have a vertical backwards drop.

From what we gather these will be normal size trains but could be wrong.

spicy

Giga Poster
I think it could be good, especially with all the special effects and whatever else they have planned in the castle part.

It also might explain why the sound test was done on X:/no way out, backwards in the dark sound familiar?

marc

CF Legend
As I said though, look at a tilt coaster. Look at the length of the track needed then you tell me if there is enough room for a normal length coaster train. The answer is no unless its going to be a small drop or the castle is higher than it looks in the pictures.

Backwards tilt will offer nothing tbh, its the same as a backwards drop like on Everest but will probably cost more.

I still think your barking up the wrong tree and its something else.

tks

Strata Poster
The track comes out on some plans way below where it enters the castle and i'm pretty sure it comes out from below the gorund level..

I'm betting on a backwards tilt thing. Like you go into the castle some anamatronic or whatnot pops out infront of you and the track "collapses" and you escape out of the castle backwards.

Jools

Giga Poster
Exactly my image, maybe a bit like Expedition Everest, but instead of shooting off forward again, falling backwards.

marc

CF Legend
If it went underground then ok its possible, but Slayed said ages ago they have not said anywhere that they are carrying out land removal work.

I think the drop out will be just like on Everest and the new idea will be elsewhere.

Even a new design of trains can count as a worlds first.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
I can do that, it's just when I do it, it's called epilepsy

Theres no need for that is there? Im epileptic and i find that incredibly offencive. Theres no need for things like that. This is a rollercoaster fourum, not a piss take out of peoples problems.

Prick.

On a rollercoaster point of view, i think its gna be awesome! Are there going to be any elements or is its icon bit the reverse helix?

Ben

CF Legend
elmerfudd said:
I can do that, it's just when I do it, it's called epilepsy

Theres no need for that is there? Im epileptic and i find that incredibly offencive. Theres no need for things like that. This is a rollercoaster fourum, not a piss take out of peoples problems.

Prick.

You're one of those people who complain to the BBC every time they say something, aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.