What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Such is the layout of Nemesis and the speed at which the train travels around the track, the track and supports have got to be subject to lot of stresses, more so than the average coaster.

Plus Nemesis is outside so it has to deal with the elements.
I wish Nemesis would stay at AT forever, but we all know it will only be there until maintaining it costs more than it's worth. I hope it it's around for a long time to come yet, WAY more than a decade!.. but hey, I've got now say in it.

BTW- That support that has been removed from the loop- does anyone want take a stab at what exactly they do with it? Is it cleaned of rust/painted and then re-instated, or will they replace it altogether?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think Nemesis is indeed subject to more elemental damage than most coasters. That pit is always damp. And say, in the winter when it freezes, the expanding and contracting must affect the footers.

I think that support has just been taken out to allow them to fix up the footer.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I guess it's to some extent self-supporting, so that it could stand without a support. But as that could be a tad unlucky for the track, my best bet is some cranes and wires.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
George Sampson weekend!
banner-sampson.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
^I saw George Sampson at Alton Towers several times when I went with Lofty last year.

We both hate him. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
Ollie, I remember that day, the abusive comments that little ****er was receiving from us was immense lol!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Hate the anoying little Manc ****. Thankfully he will disapear soon when BGT starts again.
NOO!
Back to Nemesis, the track will probaaly be removed, although the top of the loop can support itself after the going past verticle, all the pieces rest in the one below it, holding them in place.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
ermmmm, we are.

No, you were arguing about some silly Manc - while him being at Alton is worth mentioning, his ability/inability to dance has NOTHING to do with Alton - furie

LOL fair enough! :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
Sorry but, he wasn't a manc anyways, he's from warrington... Anyway!

Is the rumours about the loop being re-supported true or is it just one support thats getting the treatment?

It'll look mightily funny when theres one clean support compare to all the moss/rust ridden supports around it!

Status
Not open for further replies.