What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the logic in my sisters (Amanda Pandas) thought, as Mack make track similar to that of Gerstlauer and Intamin, and I seem to remember Mr Mack (don't remember his first name) mentioning something about focusing on roller coaster with that sort of track for new generations and wants them to get popular around the world (Interview: Blue Fire).

So do the footers effect the ride in anyway other than support?

And another thing, is there any sign of the ride dieing, if you get me, do you think the rides on it's last legs :cry:

southend_marc said:
There is meant to be a lot wrong with Nemesis as its been said before.

Maybe not now but in a few years time I can see them scrapping Nemesis. This would then give them room to build another attraction. Personally as much as I Love Nemesis it's getting a bit old. That being said it still has a few years left yet.

Depends on how bad it is. They may just close it for a year or two and rebuild all the supports if it is that bad, hopefully the loop support is the only serious problem, as all footers will have problems naturaly on any ride over time. Nemesis is Alton Towers' star attraction, and they know it, so they won't close it untill it really is too unsafe.

I'm sure Nemesis is going nowhere. The footers around the loop are quite exposed so I imagine they take a bit more weathering than other ones.

The ride will still be there until it becomes uneconomical to keep repairing it like what happened with the Black Hole. But that's a long way off. B&M's are built to last! (Hopefully)

furie said:
tks - twat :lol:

<3 u 2

But we all have to remember that earlier models of any coaster, Nemesis was the second invert in this case I believe, will fatigue quicker I suppose, but I'm sure a few modifications would keep it going for a few more years, so not to worry yet, I can see Runaway Mine Train and Beastie being the next coasters to go.

I'm sure they'll do all they can to keep Nemmy going as long as realistically (and economically) possible. If you think about all the effort they put into giving corky a good send off... I'm sure they'd do something similar when nemmy's day finally does come. I mean, surely, there's just as much, if not more, affection for nemmy, plus it still thrills and brings in the crowds, so there no real reason to get rid of it just yet. *crosses fingers*

They will be keeping Nemesis for a good few years. Its a world class coaster that pulls worldwide enthusiasts and the general public that aren't enthusiasts love it too.

I can see it being there for over another 10 years. I mean look at Space Mountain, how olds that and that baby is still going.

Jools said:
But we all have to remember that earlier models of any coaster, Nemesis was the second invert in this case I believe,

3rd. :wink:

Top Gun @ California's Great America, now Flight Deck opened 1993 was the 2nd invert.

Coaster-Fiend said:
Jools said:
But we all have to remember that earlier models of any coaster, Nemesis was the second invert in this case I believe,

3rd. :wink:

Top Gun @ California's Great America, now Flight Deck opened 1993 was the 2nd invert.

Oops, oh yeah, I only said that because they used Batman as the prototype and was where the inspiration of Nemesis came from I believe, so I just assumed it was the second, mind you a lot of B&M Inverts were inspired by Batman I suppose.
Anyways, I can see them slowly replacing the dodgy bits of Nemesis, so I reckon it will still be here in a decade.

1) Batman The Ride SFGA - 9/5/1992
2) Top Gun CGA - 19/3/1993
3) Batman The Ride SFGAdv - 1/5/1993
4) Nemesis AT - 19/3/1994

*Dates the correct way around. Not the american way.

I always thought it was 3rd, but the database has it down as 4th.

Nemesis is still young, its not going anywhere for a VERY long time. It will be overhauled many times to come yet.

Every ride will have bits removed and fixed at some stage, so there is no reason to panic. If they kept Corkscrew for 28 years because it started it all off, they will keep Nemesis for just as long because it propelled them onto the world scene. Plenty of rides have mid life spruse ups, so just because Nemesis has a bit taken off, there is no need to worry. If they start taking loads of bits off, or the whole ride completely, then yes, but that wont happen for a long while yet, so just relax. It will open in March with the rest of the park, and even if it is a bit delayed, they won't close it all year or even permanently. Look at the Black Hole, when that got a bit old, they refurbed it and braught it back, until H&S man came and forced them to close it or spend tones of money.

^ Corkscrews track and supports were more rigid. Now with the new bending techniques, coasters probably won't last as long.

*Double Post*

Logo For sharkbait reef:
sharkbaitreeflogoxe2.png

That logo aint all too bad I guess.
Nemesis was having problems with footers back in 2006 when I worked there. Cracked supports/foundations etc. I think they would replace the bits needed tbh, also someone mentioned look at space mountain! Yes it may have lasted ages, but that is an indoor coaster.
Outdoor coasters surely don't last as long due to weather conditions etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.