What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Building on what I said earlier...
The fireworks will just be like their own fireworks, only bigger and prettier. Don't they have fireworks in the village or something? They can have them but Alton can't? Thats silly. Ok they will be bigger, but the distance will take some of the noise away, and most towns have their own masive firework displays atleast once a year, and theres no problem. It's like they have something against people having fun and enjoying themselves!

nealbie

CF Legend
Slash said:
Pokemaniac said:
The Iron Age is OVER, folks of Alton.

BRING ON THE STEEL AGE!

Seriously though, can we please murder the Ropers?

I'm up for it... but there may be some laws against it so I'm afraid we may not be able to do so, especially plotting on the internet - we could be spotted you know :(

But if we plot in super tiny font then we could quite possibly get away with it you know - What do you reckon? Anyone free next tuesday afternoon? ;)

Jools

Giga Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
Slash said:
Pokemaniac said:
The Iron Age is OVER, folks of Alton.

BRING ON THE STEEL AGE!

Seriously though, can we please murder the Ropers?

I'm up for it... but there may be some laws against it so I'm afraid we may not be able to do so, especially plotting on the internet - we could be spotted you know :(

But if we plot in super tiny font then we could quite possibly get away with it you know - What do you reckon? Anyone free next tuesday afternoon? ;)

Oh and suddenly the law gets in the way, didn't stop anyone else.

Slash

Giga Poster
Yes we could do the font this small or we could just post it on /b/ no one would expect it mwuhuhahaha! I think I'm free tuesday, why what were you... oh.

The law is a fickle friend Jools.

Jools

Giga Poster
What's with the: Yes we could do the font this small or we could just post it on /b/ no one would expect it mwuhuhahaha! I think I'm free tuesday, why what were you... oh.

Anyway, I just realised a post which said that the Jet Rescue coaster at Sea World, Australia could be similar to the ride at Alton.
Any thoughts?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
God... I know it isn't meant seriously, but come on, plotting to kill two elderly people because they moaned due to the apparent 'noise' just shows stupidity when talking on a forum...

What people seem to not think about is the other side of the arguement, what if we weren't enthusiasts and had a major theme park on our doorstep which causes major congestion/noise/etc. would you like it?

Exactly...

Please go to /b/ as Slash suggests, you'll fit in more *waves*

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ ****ing hell, stop dragging this topic further into the turd hole by posting **** like that. You're posting for the sake of it. I've checked your most recent posts and one in five actually have any substance. You can have a first and final public warning for that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
****s sake, that's it. 24 hour and for Jools and Slash. I've had enough of this topic being filled with pointless, inane, childish banter.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Allow me to put us back on topic :--D

I suppose the rides noise wouldn't matter, as we are assuming it will be Intamin or Premier, both ride manufactuerers tracks are now smooth, well, intamins track is smooth now, like vekoma have improved there smoothness too.
I'm liking this turntable/tilt idea, totally origional for the UK, apart from turntables on water rides. It couldn't be mack could it, they do turntables :p

A

Anonymous

On the subject of the Jet Ski coaster thing. Could be a possibility, launched incline? Tyre launch?
Who knows, anyway it may not be even passed off.

Also as someone stated on msn today,
Corkscrew land does not require permission. So who is to say that these plans aint fake throwing us off the mark? If it is a secret weapon who knows?

But then again would they spend so much drawing fake plans up in this much detail?

They may know it won't get permission.
But I doubt it, just a conversation I had today.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
More implied than mentioned specificaly. Parts of the plan suggest it.
Ug Land may not need permision but this new ride goes outside the general planning area, and requires tree removal.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The plans mentioned something which may hint at LIM/LSM... Or tyres... Or brakes, or anything really.

Planning needs to be done due to the fact it steps outside the Corkscrew area.

tks - twat :lol:

shawnoc

Mega Poster
If the plans were fake they would not of put them throu planning! This costs a fair bit of cash, which in these times seems bloody stupid! Even for money making machine like alton towers.
Im not suprised about the hill fort issue halting planning for a while! The chances of it stopping the plans all together are slim, as what furie said they will document the finds from the archiological dig and cover what they find up!
Seeing what amanda panda said about mack, it could be a possibility as they have gone for track with angled ties!

Slash

Giga Poster
^ It could be a possibility, I've been thinking they may be fake. I mean planning applications don't vary in cost do they?

Mack seems a possibility too.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Thinking about the remains of the hill fort, do the remains have to be above ground to be protected under antiant monuments act?

I want to see this coaster happen as i think without it Alton will struggle to compete to other parks around europe and the uk. I can see them deciding to plan smaller attractions for the future.

As planning is an issue, i wonder if alton should aim at world beating dark rides, as there wouldnt be any hieght issues and the buildings can be designed to fit into the surround area! Just a thought!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.