What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Giga Poster
I've seen that there's a nice big yellow B&M just waiting to be shipped across the pond and put in Alton!
Don't worry UC, the seats are reportedly made the same way that they make trampolines, so you're bound to get some airtime. ;)

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
Ben, under your logic, the world could end tomorrow. As a matter of fact, there's about the same chance of that happening as Alton getting a ML.

However, I susbcribe to something I call "reality," and as such, the primary thought process I use is called "realism."

If you'll humor this attitude for a second, you'll see that AT getting a ML isn't going to happen.

Of course, this would basically involve you having to admit your entire argument was invalid, and that your idea was essentially stupid - and since you'd never do that, well, I suppose you're stuck in having to believe ridiculous things that have no chance in hell of actually happening, but that you can claim could happen for the sole purpose that it's not possible to predict the future.

Whereas I can actually back up my argument with logical thought and facts based not only on the common sense of the issue at hand, but prior knowledge and history of both the company and park, the only thing "supporting" your argument is the fact that we can't predict the future. Excellent work, real solid case you have for yourself.

So, in other words, your argument is still invalid, and I suppose your entire train of thought is too. I mean, if you want to insist that this coaster will be a ML, then hell, I'll say you're wrong and AT will change the plans last minute to make it a launched GG multi-looper. Well, I would if I thought like you, anyways.

It's quite sad when someone forgoes all logic and realistic thought process because they don't want to admit that their idea was just dumb in the first place :roll:.

That's very clever UC, how you managed to pretend to be replying but actually ignored the... well, entire post?

Oh, btw, if you're going to try and make a point of "it won't happen" that BECAUSE I've been asking you for time and time again would be nice. You scream "IT'S LOGIC". Humour ME. Point out the logic.

And btw, I'm not arguing it could be anything. I'm arguing it could be something which quite a few factors point towards.

And if you actually thought about anything other than just continuing this pathetic crusade you've started because you have nothing better to apply your obsessive compulsive nature to, you'd realise you aren't ever saying anything new, anything with a reason, you're just parading around, writing longer and longer posts in the hope that no-one will be bothered to read them on a subject you've just named yourself expert and right on without any sort of a scrap of reasoning other than constantly going "It's logical". What's logical? You've not posted anything real TO be logical.

Get a life, get an argument, and then get back to me.

Oh, and a spell-checker.

luke8

Mega Poster
I must admit, arguments between Ben and UC are always quite funny, especially when 1 of them is a total arse.

And CA, trust me it WONT be a B&M, unless all of a sudden they've magically changed to bi/tri-rail track.

It's like on TPR. What you have to do to convince them that yellow B&M is NOT for Alton, is beyond me. retards, I believe.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
I can't be arsed going through pages of spam and arguement to find out, but has the steepness of the lift been raised before?

Having a look at the plans, they're pretty detailed, and the lift hill is not very steep at all - in fact it's even shallower than Corkscrew's. The mage-lites so far have all had lifts at roughly 45 degrees:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3799.htm?picture=10

As did the most recent full mega coaster, Thunder Dolphin:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1845.htm?picture=22

So just that makes me think it's not a mega-lite.

The transition from lift to drop also looks much too sharp for a cable lift, which all the mega-lites have.

And the final couple of points, which I realise may be due to the plans not being detailed enough, are that the lift appears to be bi-rail, not quad- or tri-rail that Intamin uses for its lift hills, and the supports look nothing like mega-lite supports, though I suppose they look a little like normal mega coaster supports. But would Intamin use supports for their larger coasters on a smaller coater? I really don't think so.

It's not impossible that it'll turn out to be a mega-lite, but I personally highly doubt it.

nealbie

CF Legend
Could they potentially use larger supports on a smaller coaster to reduce the total amount of supports needed, meaning that fewer trees need to be cut down - which in turn satisfies the locals? ...just a thought.

Jools

Giga Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
Could they potentially use larger supports on a smaller coaster to reduce the total amount of supports needed, meaning that fewer trees need to be cut down - which in turn satisfies the locals? ...just a thought.

The only thing I can think of where they've used a different support than normal is The Big One's second half which isn't exactly fast... so I really don't know, but it sounds logical to me.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:

Yes because obviously fewer supports means that they can have gaps in the track to fit trees in. :roll:

Shrubberies, maybe. But trees?! Just because a layout has fewer supports doesn't do anything to change a coaster layout. It'd still need to get rid of all the trees in close proximity to the track.

nealbie

CF Legend
I understand that, but my understanding of it was, less foundations means less root interruption, so less trees will have to be removed because fewer roots of different trees will have been disturbed by support foundations.

Mike

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
luke8 said:
It's like on TPR. What you have to do to convince them that yellow B&M is NOT for Alton, is beyond me. retards, I believe.

They actually think it's for Alton?

Sheesh...

Have either of you two actually bothered to even glimpse into that thread??? :roll:

Mike T

Mega Poster
I have and there's folk in there that seem to believe the B&M track in OHIO is somehow going to Alton Towers for their 2010 project that hasn't even been approved yet. Strange I know... which is why I don't bother with it anymore. Coaster Force is much more up to date with this kind of stuff. Props to you guys for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.