What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think it's pretty safe to say it's an Intamin. The plans have to show EXACTLY what the ride will look like, to make sure it passes the "don't ruin our countryside" test.

If they go and build anything that looks different from those plans they'll be in trouble.

And that track is pretty blatantly Intamin.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
dj-fireball999 said:
I dunno what it is really, I just feel that Vekoma rides have their own individual charm and character that no other company has, such as B&M, they just seem lifeless, robotic, and all the same.

This is interesting as a point, as in some cases this can be considered true... B&M are certainly changing to a much less forceful breed of ride, hence the floater airtime as well as the lack of being thrown around in the more recent ones...

dj-fireball999 said:
Of course, B&M are the world leaders for the coasters that they make, smooth, usually reliable (with exceptions), and are overall very intense, fantastic ride experiences.

Little can be said wrong of this part, the only real issues on B&M rides to quick memory were on the Flyers, which as prototypes were to be expected...

dj-fireball999 said:
I just feel that they havn't introduced any new ride designs lately, which Vekoma have, loads, which makes me think that Vekoma are the leading manufacturer in coaster innovation. B&M were good for innovation, but just not recently, possibly because they're always covered up in secrecy.... but recently its all been the same, inverted coaster here, here and here, dive machiene here, hypercoaster here and there, etc.

Now this is where the post starts to flounder... If it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind here... B&M have a great reputation with all their current stock of coasters, but you act as if all their rides are the same layouts? But of course, this seems to be a B&M bashing post now, and a Vekoma love-in...
You seem to also forget the new style cars B&M came up with, the more comfortable Flying coaster restraints, and still being one of the major ride companies to offer four across seating on all their coasters...
You seem to ignore Vekoma putting a SLC here, a Boomerang there, a LSM Bowl on occasion around, and maybe a mine train or two...

dj-fireball999 said:
Vekoma rides are different, unique and special. Their roughness has improved dramatically recently, and their restraints, seats and trains have become more ergonomic and now, probably the most comfortable in the world.

Having not ridden the newer stuff I cannot comment, but how are all Vekoma rides special when they have manufactured the two most cloned ride types in existance?
In addition, how are many of them unique? The Stingray is, but how has that taken off in the community? Erm, not well simply... It's being built in China, where as B&M have consistently given off their new designs to major parks straight off...

Vekoma have a lot more choices ride-wise in comparison to B&M yes, but it's the quality you get with the B&Ms... You cannot directly compare any of the two companies' rides because they are so dis-similar... It's like comparing NWO to Inferno... You just can't...

Btw, how did we get from Premier or Intamin coaster to a Vekoma vs B&M arguement?

Slash

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Slash said:
^ No because they have a piece of corkscrews track further right of the purple SLC track...

You mean the one they've stuck an Oblivion car on, thus making it obvious they're using it to (badly) represent Oblivion...?

OMG. They're making Oblivion into the World's first vertical SLC!!!!1111!!1! All these plans and Corkscrew's removal were a LIE.

That makes about as much sense as your reasoning for an SLC. Oh, btw, have you heard of Nemesis?

And I think the plans are going to be pretty accurate as to wether or not this is Inverted... Maybe the plans will be slightly off and it's actually an Intamin strata with a 550ft top hat and 150mph launch?!?!?!OMG ICANT WAIT.

Jeez.

Ben, I was seeing how many people would believe I was being serious!

Never mind, I think it will be intamin or premier as stated a lot in this thread and I don't care until closer to the time.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Slash said:
Ben said:
Slash said:
^ No because they have a piece of corkscrews track further right of the purple SLC track...

You mean the one they've stuck an Oblivion car on, thus making it obvious they're using it to (badly) represent Oblivion...?

OMG. They're making Oblivion into the World's first vertical SLC!!!!1111!!1! All these plans and Corkscrew's removal were a LIE.

That makes about as much sense as your reasoning for an SLC. Oh, btw, have you heard of Nemesis?

And I think the plans are going to be pretty accurate as to wether or not this is Inverted... Maybe the plans will be slightly off and it's actually an Intamin strata with a 550ft top hat and 150mph launch?!?!?!OMG ICANT WAIT.

Jeez.

Ben, I was seeing how many people would believe I was being serious!

Never mind, I think it will be intamin or premier as stated a lot in this thread and I don't care until closer to the time.

Well I think a vertical slc would be awesome.... Especially into a pit in the ground... legchopper!

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Tbh, i think the debate over verkoma and b&m is a matter of opinion. Ive ridden both types of rides and they both have there good points. I do think b&m look more eye catching due the fact that the track looks more substatial. If you know what i mean?????
Back on the new ride for 2010, the plans probably wont change from the plans unless denied planning. The ride wont get any kind of Saw treatment. The plans for Saw showed more concept images for the station. The plans for this ride show the elevations in great detail. As far as the intamin premire debait, Im sure that it will be premire due to the size of supports and the supports for the lift hill.
Im wondering if the towers team i.e Hex will be carried through the whole area, that would tie in the back end of the park.
One thing i do hope they do is bring Charlie more into Cloud Cockoo Land, It has always semmed lost up that end of the park.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Btw, how did we get from Premier or Intamin coaster to a Vekoma vs B&M arguement?

Some dude came in and started talking about Vekoma on everything even if it was irrelivent and off that threads topic. Which it what i'm pretty much doing now. I probably shouldn't hit "submit".

spicy

Giga Poster
^YEAH!!! :roll:

I am surprised that the manufacturer hasn't been confirmed by someone yet, although we can safely say its either a Premier or an Intamin coaster. With a slim chance of a Vekoma.

Lofty

CF Legend
LOL, love the sarcasm of the yeah...

When will we actualy find out who this coasters by, anyone got a clue?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Summer time-ish I expect, if they don't anounch after planning permision, or when they start to build it, because the track will give it away if they do or not announce.

What I think anyway.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bob_3_ said:
And that track is pretty blatantly Intamin.

Blatantly Premier :lol:

Anyway - planning has NOT been granted

It's been deferred.

They want a site visit to see if it will mess up the Iron age hill fort that nobody has ever proved was anywhere in the grounds.

They need to look at the field outside the grounds... The ones with the iron age earth workings and hill fort on the top really :roll:

So, no planning YET...

spicy

Giga Poster
Lol, so construction for Saw was halted for a birds nest and now AT might not be able to have their new coaster because of an Iron age hill fort that probably doesn't exist.

Not that planning permission has gone mad in this country or anything..

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yes!

furie said:
Bob_3_ - you need to see these plans to help you catch up :)

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(E)%20(14450).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(F)%20(14451).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(G)%20(14452).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(H)%20(14453).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(I)%20(14454).JPG
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 2030-FUL(J)%20(14455).JPG

All the documents here:
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 3OQPG04H00

The detailed plan drawings, showing details of the track, where uploaded yesterday I think?

You need to cut and paste the links.

The bi-rail track is exactly the same as it is on Premier rides like Back Lot Stunt Coaster. Plus Premier do the switch track, etc. Mega-Lites have a mix of bi and tri (as you know) and never simply Bi as it requires too much support.

I think Alton have gone for cheap, and for people who can (off the shelf) produce the coaster they desire. Yes, it COULD be an entire bi-rail Intamin, but why would it happen?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Fair play lol, I just thought I'd point out those two models since nobody else has thrown it in as a possibility. But anyways, why were the plans refused, is there any information on that?

Ben

CF Legend
furie said:
I think Alton have gone for cheap, and for people who can (off the shelf) produce the coaster they desire. Yes, it COULD be an entire bi-rail Intamin, but why would it happen?

But then you can look at it to the flip-side and go "well... why not...?" Intamin have proved themselves to be nothing if not innovative, and if it was a Premier, we're STILL lacking a way for it to be a World First. Which, given how much that was stressed, I think is a factor we should focus on.

Plus, we know it's not going to be entirely cheap :wink:

UC, btw, remove your head from where it's currently lodged, and realise all that was ever being said is it COULD be a ML... which it still could be. You never had an argument that actually ruled one out either.

Ben

CF Legend
Ben can't handle the fact that he might very well be wrong.

Well done UC.

Since I've never said it was anything other than a possibility, you, my friend, are now basically saying it "might" be that I'm wrong, therefore it "might" be that I'm right. And therefore, have validated and agreed to my entire argument.

I believe it is yours that should be sarcastically termed 'great work'.

Status
Not open for further replies.