What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach

Giga Poster
I don't think that these have been posted.

All credit to ATA

New gondolas for the Sky Ride.

Certainly a vast improvement from the current ones.

sky_ride_gondolas_2009_02.jpg

Slash

Giga Poster
^ Yes but maybe a bit too bright. When going through the Gardens that is all you are going to see.

But as you say a VAST improvement on the ones they did have.

Ollie

CF Legend
They look much better. They look alot smaller than the old ones though. How many people does each one hold?

spicy

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
They look much better. They look alot smaller than the old ones though. How many people does each one hold?
#

They are smaller, I think they have a bench either side seating 3 people so 6 in total.

Ben

CF Legend
^Joy.

Cause the queues in the summer weren't annoying enough, a lower capacity will make that so much better!

Ollie

CF Legend
^The staff never filled each gondola anyway and only put like a group per car.
So the capacity won't change too much.

Ali

Mega Poster
Will the new gondalas reduce the amount of donwtime the Sky-Ride has? Because I was stuck on one for nearly an hour before :evil:. It wasn't fun.

A

Anonymous

It has had a whole new re-furb. New system installed a more up-to date version of what they had or so I was told.
Also more gondolas then what they used to have, which I could see happening.
They have a bench on either side and space for a wheel chair in the middle!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
They look ok... Though I'm not much of a fan of the multiple colours, would rather have one colour, probably the dark blue or purple of the Alton logo, of which I'm suprised is not on them...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I'd rather have had them all the same colour.

They're going to be much nicer than than the old ones, I'm just not sure they're the right colour. They're going to stick out far too much and detract from the gardens. Why can they not have been more subtle?

Still, they aren't going to be as manky as the old ones!

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
elmerflid said:
Theres no need for that is there? Im epileptic and i find that incredibly offencive. Theres no need for things like that. This is a rollercoaster fourum, not a piss take out of peoples problems.

Boo hoo. Does your epilepsy affect your ability to spell basic words and use apostrophes and capital letters? It must be awful for you.

Oh, cable car. New gondolas... blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.