What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
There is really no need for this topic. All this topic is so far is loads of pointless posts. How much more have we found out since the start of the topic? **** all except for a child's drawing that someone is posting to be the new coaster.
Why can't you just wait until Alton tell us what it is?
It's a new coaster and you're unlikely to find out what it is until they announce it by which time could of saved this topic from another 400 pages of pointless posts.

Ollie

CF Legend
^That's my point. There's no need for all this until they start building something or release something about the ride.
Which so far...

...they haven't.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
MAJOR UPDATE!

My friend, a Team Leader at Chessington has given me a rendering mockup of the ride. This has never been seen before so feel special ;)

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7669/plan1402fn0.png

enjoy!

I think this is far less relevant than people speculating. In the past few hours, there have been 4 posts, all of them totally irrelevant- and you're calling the on-topic posts ridiculous.

Can everyone realise that this is the New and RUMOURS forum, which I believe everyone has equal right to share their opinions on.

Especially now, in the long boring holiday season when all next years coasters have already been announced, people are looking for new rumours to latch on to. Alton have leaked out they're planning a coaster. The reputable ECC have released a potential fits-the-planning-boundaries layout. I think thus that is enough of a rumour for people to discuss.

If you're not interested, don't read this forum!!! Are you waiting for more facts about the coaster or something? Because, even if this is the case, even when you're thrown something you seem to be the first ones to toss it out and condemn it as fake and a lie.

Chill out. Let people talk. We're a board or coaster ENTHUSIASTS, so if people want to talks about coasters, let them... but please can we stop just posting "OMG this is retarded.. why are we talking about a coaster that's not even being built yet." Reality check... that's what we do all the time. Yeah, it's a little early, but as the UK enthusiasts favourite-to-talk/speculate-about theme park on a UK forum, don't be suprised when people start getting excited...

Let it run its course and but out. You're never going to shut people up, and you may be silencing people who have useful information.

Back on topic, another factor to take into account re: potential plans. True OR NOT, any theme park that wants to keep something secret will request the ECC to take those plans down if they didn't want them up there. Like with the sketch of Rita, some pages on Harry Potter etc. etc. parks latch onto this quick, and as the owner of the ECC Justin G will want to stay on the right side of Alton for trip etc purposes. Everyones talking about these plans. Alton KNOWS they're up there- there's no question about that. On such a scale, they won't want false plans going round in case they hit the media and the GP find out about a coaster that isn't going to happen. Take that as you will, but i feel thus it's more than likely that they're real...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Like the Gp even know there are coaster clubs... :roll:

You cannot say that it was leaked the new coaster idea, since Russell Barnes told BBC news about it... That's planting the seeds of interest business wise to the GP for the 2010 season... But they ain't going to follow it like we do...

Everyone may have the right to have their opinions you say, and yet you dispose of many people's posts? Hypocrite I cry in your direction...
We can say what we feel about it, and I think that this is just a way to try and gain revenue for the ECC, like what Ian said, if he had posted it up we all would believe it...

Even if it were real plans change all the time due to varying factors in the various departments involved, and I actually think that if they WERE real Alton would've asked for them to be removed would they not? (a la the Gloomy Wood coaster plans, they're still around on the nets on quite reputable sites...)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
coasterdude_1 said:
I think this is far less relevant than people speculating. In the past few hours, there have been 4 posts, all of them totally irrelevant- and you're calling the on-topic posts ridiculous.

Oh shut up your head man!
You're a complete fool, I'm having a laugh, not meaning anything by it and you've obviously missed the joke.

Dickwad.

Rob

Mega Poster
Everyones talking about these plans. Alton KNOWS they're up there- there's no question about that. On such a scale, they won't want false plans going round in case they hit the media and the GP find out about a coaster that isn't going to happen. Take that as you will, but i feel thus it's more than likely that they're real...

Thats no arguement at all. The amount of complete and utter bull the coaster enthusiast community often talk about has never made it into the news. Whats more, the vast percentage of the general public couldn't give a **** about a hand drawn diagram of what might happen at Alton Towers in 2 years time, and they certainly arn't going to go to guest services demanding a refund because that coaster that looks as though a 5 year old made it on paint isnt here.

As for the plans I think they're fake. There is nothing to proove they are real, and whats more, they are apparantly the plans alton used to gain planning permission. For this reason alone, I suspect they're fake. Lets just take a look at the previous applications made at this time:

Gloomy Wood Launch Coaster: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/pl ... lcplan.jpg

The most basic of the wooden coaster plans: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/pl ... /plan4.jpg

Most basic Rita plan: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/pl ... aplans.jpg

As you can see, the plans they use are much more detailed, even the basic Rita one looks semi-proffesional, and features inportant ionfromation crucially needed for planning applications such as height and supports, not just focusing on what 'elements' they have.

However, this has probably been highlighted before, but in the BBC interview on Corky's closing day, Russell Barnes said the coaster would stand for the values of alton towers - good family entertainment. Not going to read too deep into this, but I wouldn't be surprised if what we see in 2010 is more on RMT's scale than Nemesis.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
coasterdude_1 said:

Can everyone realise that this is the New and RUMOURS forum, which I believe everyone has equal right to share their opinions on.

Especially now, in the long boring holiday season when all next years coasters have already been announced, people are looking for new rumours to latch on to. Alton have leaked out they're planning a coaster. The reputable ECC have released a potential fits-the-planning-boundaries layout. I think thus that is enough of a rumour for people to discuss.

If you're not interested, don't read this forum!!! Are you waiting for more facts about the coaster or something? Because, even if this is the case, even when you're thrown something you seem to be the first ones to toss it out and condemn it as fake and a lie.

Chill out. Let people talk. We're a board or coaster ENTHUSIASTS, so if people want to talks about coasters, let them... but please can we stop just posting "OMG this is retarded.. why are we talking about a coaster that's not even being built yet." Reality check... that's what we do all the time. Yeah, it's a little early, but as the UK enthusiasts favourite-to-talk/speculate-about theme park on a UK forum, don't be suprised when people start getting excited...

Let it run its course and but out. You're never going to shut people up, and you may be silencing people who have useful information.

Well said.

spicy

Giga Poster
Rob said:
they are apparantly the plans alton used to gain planning permission.
As you can see, the plans they use are much more detailed, even the basic Rita one looks semi-proffesional, and features inportant ionfromation crucially needed for planning applications such as height and supports, not just focusing on what 'elements' they have.

These plans have nothing to do with AT, as I said in my previous post. This bloke from ECC claims he has seen the plans/ heard about them. Then he has drawn up his own plans based on what he has seen/ heard.

These plans aren't official they are basically a drawing on what someone's apparently seen or heard.

A

Anonymous

When the plans are available on the internet from the planning office you will be able to see what the ECC have seen!!

The drawing was traced from the plans that are submitted for the new ride to replace the corkscrew.

There's also alot more other detail.

P

marc

CF Legend
You are from the ECC then even though you have not said :)

If the plans are right please tell me where this new coaster is a worlds first then and where is the new concept that they have all been working so hard on?

Dave

CF Legend
OMG its a backwards launched Aqua Trax that has switchbacks to a launch that goes 200mph! OMGZ

Sorry, couldn't help it.

nealbie

CF Legend
ECC said:
layout01.jpg

Is anyone actually taking this seriously? The "plan" is not nearly detailed enough to be even the most basic of plans.

And "IF" it is real, then I bloody well hope they don't build this as corkies replacement! :shock:

Jools

Giga Poster
Dave said:
OMG its a backwards launched Aqua Trax that has switchbacks to a launch that goes 200mph! OMGZ

Sorry, couldn't help it.

That's funny though, I was just thinking maybe it could hav water elements, but the UK isn't a good place to put water rides anyway, but they do :roll:
I was picturing something like Valhalla except with a coasting part, as well as water... launch into water? who knows, here I go again :(

spicy

Giga Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
ECC said:

Is anyone actually taking this seriously? The "plan" is not nearly detailed enough to be even the most basic of plans.

And "IF" it is real, then I bloody well hope they don't build this as corkies replacement! :shock:

I said:
These plans have nothing to do with AT, as I said in my previous post. This bloke from ECC claims he has seen the plans/ heard about them. Then he has drawn up his own plans based on what he has seen/ heard.

These plans aren't official they are basically a drawing on what someone's apparently seen or heard

nealbie

CF Legend
^ So we're not believing them then? :wink:

Or at least until there's some sort of concrete evidence to suggest otherwise. :lol:

spicy

Giga Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
^ So we're not believing them then? :wink:

Or at least until there's some sort of concrete evidence to suggest otherwise. :lol:

Depends if you believe that he has seen the actual plans I suppose.

and if you do believe he has it then depends how accurately he has recreated the layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.