What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Let me shine a light on a few things....

Are they real yes... 110%

Why the ECC because they know where to look. If you read Issue 67 (First Drop) they were the ones that first discovered Nemesis, Obilvion and Air. They also covered all these projects in great detail. Alton arnt letting them in on any secrets.

Why the pencil drawing. COPYRIGHT they have drawn it like that to let everyone know, without upsetting Alton. Maybe then they can release some more details.

You guys should stop arguing and let me say again THEY ARE REAL.

Merry Xmas

P

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm sure Alton would be very happy with the ECC if they have spoilt their surprise.

On the plus side, if it's true then it may hurry Alton up in confirming it "110%".

spicy

Giga Poster
Well Im still not going to believe the plans just because Paulb said they are real and the ECC "Know where to look".

Also if the ECC wants to get inside information from parks and have a good relationship with them I don't think they are going the right way about it by revealing AT's most secretive project since Air.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
This is reminding me of the next step in the Real Madrid buying Ronaldo sagea currently going on...

'We have a secret deal, but we're going to tell you anyway and get people angry at us'...

I'm somewhat reasonably sure that these will be taken down much like the collages that were also taken off websites after their reveals...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Personally i don't think this is real. Stone Cold's argument is the most persuasive so far. The clincher for me is that the picture is just too shoddily draw to be from any official source and that means someone unofficial had to see the plans and make notes.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Paulb235 said:

Why the ECC because they know where to look. If you read Issue 67 (First Drop) they were the ones that first discovered Nemesis, Obilvion and Air. They also covered all these projects in great detail. Alton arnt letting them in on any secrets.

Why the pencil drawing. COPYRIGHT they have drawn it like that to let everyone know, without upsetting Alton. Maybe then they can release some more details.

Merry Xmas

P

Cheap plug? Check

Publicity boost? Check

Any real evidence other than reputation credibility? Nope

Try and see it from our view. No solid evidence supporting it, and it's so under the expectations it's almost as unbelievable as a launched woody, just for different reasons.

If you actually gave us a reason to believe it, other than 'We are ECC, we know where to look, we are right', then maybe people would give it a bit more belief.

The drawings may ''be real''. But weren't the drawings of a booster bike real? And we all know what happened with that...

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
If you actually gave us a reason to believe it, other than 'We are ECC, we know where to look, we are right', then maybe people would give it a bit more belief.

I believe he was just clarifying that, on the previous 3 occasions, the ECC (not the RCCGB) have been the first to publish articles/plans/photos of new Alton Coasters, so whoever said the RCCGB were on better terms with Alton, I would not necessarily say that this is true.

As a previous subscriber to the ECC, as of about a year ago, some of their news and information was always a month or so ahead of it being even mentioned on online forums. The ECC were the first to announce Daemonen at Tivoli Gardens and were given exclusive access to the plans before anybody else. The editor of the first Oblivion article was allowed to take photos of the drop a week or so before the secrecy agreement was over (and was trusted to keep these secrets).

On another spin, could Alton be releasing vague plans to keep us enthusiasts palated?? I mean, before this, we were all wildly speculating the worlds first element... and now, now, several people have said 'we've got the layout, we'll just have to wait to see the world first element in the trains' and now seem happy to wait and sit tight.

Every time (excluding Saw), the layout is released, topics usually go dead. If Alton are planning a mass 'secret' marketing campaign on this one, they want everything to go quiet, so they can realease it with a bang, rather than bit by bit... (like they did with Saw- where the enthusiasm, I would say, is slowly decreasing as time goes on as everyone wants more information- and now theres little left to give...). So perhaps, by giving us a vague idea, they can get on with things themselves without having to worry about enthusiasts leaking information to the press and the 'reveal' being destroyed.

I have some faith in this plan. LOOK AT THE PLANNING APPLICATION on the Staffs website. Then click property details. Then look at the map. The map shows all the planning applications and locations of the last 30 years. Go over to Ugland. Look at the shape of the 2010 project site... it mimics that first helix and out and back shape almost exactly...

I'm not saying it's real, i'm not saying it's fake... I'm just laying down a few facts.

With regards to the World's First element, however, if we turn our minds back to the concept art posted a while back, it showed both a tilt coaster and a backwards vertical drop...

How about this- normal-ish first half... rushing into the building onto a flat straight of track. The track tilts, but such that the back of the train drops. In the vertical postion, the train is released into the world's first backwards vertical drop, (hence explaining the helix in a trench which rises back to ground level). The switchbacks seem to be the Expedition Everest style ones... so if Vekoma, why not a backwards tilt coaster???

There's a world's first that fits in with the layout and concept art...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^RCCGB were once told that there was to be a new wooden coaster on the scale of Megaphobia, obviously it never came to fruition, but it was told to the RCCGB, not the ECC...

I should know, I was there when they told us :lol:

Why do I sense this will turn into a slinging match between groups as well now...

I sense Alton MAY be sending us off the trail, but tbh if it rides like the Mummy does then yay... I like them... Looking at it from a 2-d point of view is very different from 3-d, we don't know the heights of each part as of yet, and hence for all we know there could be a vertical drop (unlikely) or a twisted drop (similar to HRRR's non-inverted loop entry/exit)...

I'm still tentative over the whole 'is it real' though, and I don't think it is... Especially with the above poster copying and pasting that post to many other forums...

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I like the way he signed off as "P", like, AGENT P! I, the gangly, spotty, high pitched voice, Nemesis loving fourteen year old stole away from the drawing office with this picture, that looks like it was done on paint.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
For the record, a backwards vertical drop isn't painful... as it's been done several times before-

think Deja Vu and Superman: the Escape, and every Dragster rollback.

Sorry about my lack of pre-post thinking...

That leave's my only guess at world's first backwards tilt coaster, which seems rather contrived.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Paulb235 said:

Ok then, since you say so.

By the way, who the **** are you?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I'd quite like to see some sort of "face first" coaster (along the lines of Air but not a flying coaster).

A

Anonymous

Paulb235 said:

Merry Xmas

P

Untill anything is concrete its a load of false info and is there to spin us off course.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Maybe they are real, maybe they arn't. Lets wait and find out, rather than arguing. Remember, most rides don't look very good as an aerial line drawing, Oblivion is just a triangle. Also, the plan shows no inversions, but again it is a simple line drawing, that wont show everything, and with two years to go, they could add them in.

What i want to know is, if they have seen the propposed station building, why are there no images of that?

Also, I want to know the manufacturer. It's pretty meaningless really, I will take the ride as it is and not let any other ride influence my oppinion, regardless of the reputation of the manufacurer, and if this is a world first, then it will be different from everything else anyway. I think B&M can be discounted now, I can't see them building switchbacks. Also, will the world first simply be the first for the manufacturer, like Air was the first B&M flyer, but not the first ever flyer?
There is a long way to go so wait for official information, or atleast a bit more information than a simple drawing.

spicy

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
What i want to know is, if they have seen the propposed station building, why are there no images of that?

He has supposedly seen the station drawings and the plan and drew the layout himself.

Ian summed it up quite well earlier in the topic

Ian said:
I know a few people in the right places at some parks and if I was told something, there's nothing stopping me from making my own design based on what I heard but becuase it's posted by a reliable source (ie: Me) then it would have some ground to it...

Im pretty sure thats basically what this bloke has done.

A

Anonymous

yeah corkscrews going

wasted an hour of my life queing for it, glad to see that its gone

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Not the first to notice this, but, from above, corkscrews look like s-bends, and the s-bends on this new ride are the exact same shape as the corkscrews on Corkscrew, only done backwards. Obviously thats a long, ridiculous shot, but just an observation. That couldn't be the world first-first ride to reuse an old ride? But the more you think the more it makes sence. It wont happen though, this is something I have just decided on, nothing more, nothing less. All it is is an observation.

It says the track is two rail, but if its a plan, then they wont go into detail over the track, they will just show where said track will go, so anybody could make it, but I discount B&M from this now with switch tracks. I wonder what happens in the building if it's not a simple switch back?

The more I think about the plans, the more I like, but with two years to go, don't bet on anything. Especially my strange observations and ideas, (see paragraph 1.)

A

Anonymous

The only people that know for certain are the people at alton dealing with this. I do hope that it is a decent coaster and not a mismatch like in the past. Maybe its a put off maybe its true maybe its nothing but ****e maybe its world class we will find out once some truth is really known. The future will unrole the scroles showing us soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.