What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
So far every single type of coaster has been mentioned so I will just wait for the real news.

One week its a tilt coaster then a woodie then god knows lol.

A

Anonymous

Here is a quote about the layout from The ECC founder, and according to him these plans are the real deal.

Justin Garvanovic said:
A few points.

1) It has switchback sections - for reversing direction. I've added a
second one inside the building, but that isn't shown on the plans, so the
track may be slightly different when indoors. I imagine the car will stop,
some sort of action take place which will then cause the car to fly out
backwards.

2) The helix that follows is in a trench, and will be ridden backwards.

3) We have no idea who's building it. The drawings show flat track - not
triangular, which would be expected on an Intamin. But, I still wouldn't be
surprised if it is Intamin, but other options are Gerstlauer, and maybe
Premier. I say Premier because the switchback section is very similar what
they did on the Mummy rides at Universal Studios.

4) There are no inversions - it seems this part of the park is the
"non-looping coaster" section.

5) The station looks fantastic. It's a half built castle, with wooden
scaffolding all over it - it sort of looks like the actual Towers. :)

6) The coaster isn't that long. I've included Rita on the drawing to show
both location and scale, and as can be seen, it may be shorter that Rita.

7) It uses a LOT of terrain - this thing is going to be a lot of fun, with
what looks like a lot of airtime. The hill after the first drop, which is
about the same height at the Corkscrew's, is very small, so airtime packed I
would hope.

8) The "S" bends before the first switchback are there because the track is
dodging around trees. :).

marc

CF Legend
Well if this is true it not a worlds first at all.

And as I said near the start of all this I bet we end up with a Gerstlauer coaster. He says it uses flat track like on an Intamin, Gerstlauer seem to use the same track.

I really dont care about fancy stations or indoor sections, I care that coaster is good and as I said a while ago I wish the money would be spent on the actual coaster not the station. What is the point in having a great station that leads to a **** coaster.

Going backwards on a coaster is not that great anyway, a lot of people have been to Orlando and if they do use a switchback and dont do it well straight away people will compare it to the Mummy and Everest.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's big and blue and at Cedar Point? (At a guess!)

marc

CF Legend
Cheers I was not sure, having never been on it I have no idea what the station or the coaster is like. Heard very mixed reviews about it, but its not really my type of coaster anyway it looks fun but does not really do anything I like.

The other thing that I was thinking as well is that part of Alton Towers always seems to be dark due to the sun being blocked. Building a tallish building there is going to make the area feel small and even darker.

luke8

Mega Poster
Based on solely on the layout (with all the S-Bends), I'm going to have a pretty long shot at guessing it really could be the world's first Robo/Kuka Coaster.

Those Concept drawings earlier in the year showed Robo Arm flat rides, and they have a coaster concept on their site, too. It's been mentioned before and to me the layout kinda suggests it could be.

Maybe that like a futuristic monster is taking over the towers, type of theme.

I hate people who make wild assumptions, so Im guess im a bit of a hypocrite! \o/

spicy

Giga Poster
If that is the layout then I remember someone saying its rumored to be a family type mine train coaster, it could be like a crap Everest, great... :roll:

The only thing I don't understand though, Alton want this to be kept under wrap's, they have been secretive about it from the start, from the radio interviews to the interviews on the goodbye Corky day.

Why would they suddenly let this bloke view the plans and go let him tell everyone about what he saw? Makes no sense to me.

Then again would the 'ECC founder' risk his reputation by creating bogus plans and babbling about them?

Either that or AT have shown him fake plans....

marc

CF Legend
Alton have a habbit of letting fake plans out, which is still what I think there are.

Again planning permission will not be given until March, if the plans were ready why not submit them now.

I would be shocked if thats the layout.

Also how many times do people need to say it, no one can build a Robo/Kuka Coaster apart from Universal.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think some of it is down to self-serving publicty.

For example, I know a few people in the right places at some parks and if I was told something, there's nothing stopping me from making my own design based on what I heard but becuase it's posted by a reliable source (ie: Me) then it would have some ground to it...and people would visit CF for more information.

I do, however, trust the ECC more than some other clubs and sites but until Alton Towers announce it officially, it's just rumouring/

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
So, on the plans... What's world's first?

Backwards launch? Woohoo! :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
i rekon its gunna b a robo kuka koasta. i've sean plans and evreyfin on the internet and my dad saids so and he works at alton towers.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
hhhmmmm...
This plan may not be real because:
A. This plan does not outline a world's first element.
B. This plan has not been released by Merlin or the Alton Towers management. Also, Alton Towers have been know to start false rumours and IMO this is one.
C. Extra publicity for the website.
This plan could be real because:
A. Someone has been a good, climbed the ladder and seen the real plans and have posted them on the internet.
B. New mangement = new way of thinking?
C. Alton Towers have not produced any hype for this coaster atm. All the hype has come from forum discussions. So maybe Alton are not too worried about this coaster. New mangement could be the cause.
I don't know if the above reasons are true or not. These are just possibilities that would tip the genuinity of this drawing. My personal opinion is in favour of this being fake; it's too early to release plans.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Some how I knew it was going to be UC relpying to my post!
UC said:
It's very possible that the "world's first" element could be something like "First inverted reverse section" or something equally as ridiculous.
Does the plan outline the world first inverted reverse section or something equally rediculous??? No. I commented on what we could see. Fair point though.
UC said:
You don't have enough information to make this claim.
I already answered that before you posted! I have put capital letters where you need to pay attention the most. :wink:
I DON'T KNOW if the above reasons are TRUE OR NOT. THESE are JUST POSSIBILITIES that would tip the genuinity of this drawing.
Is there any reason why you are opposing just the reasons for the plan to be fake and ignoring the reasons supporting the plan?

Ollie

CF Legend
Can someone fill me in on what I've missed over the last 54 pages and if anything important or worth knowing has been posted?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
a rather amaturish picture was posted on the European Coaster club site of a track layout... everyone is debating whether it's real or not. It's only 3 or 4 pages old.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I've missed this too, can you post a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.