What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Ever since we have been told it will be a 'worlds first' I have been very confused ! The only thing I can think of is if it isn't a coaster and instead some sort of world class dark ride thats a worlds first like Spiderman at IOA.

Also, 'worlds first' rules out wooden coaster because to the GP, all woodies are the same.....

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Mark said:
Coaster-Fiend said:
-Also kinda off topic- why was RITA opened 2005 and not 2006 to keep in with the every four years new coaster thing?

I don't really know but the whole 4 years thing is normally reffered to with the SW name. Rita wasn't a Secret Weopan though. That name is normally reserved for world's firsts or stuff that is a really big deal. I don't think Rita falls under that heading lol.

They might have to take parts of Rita out IF it were to hamper getting the pieces for the new coaster in to the right areas.

Oh yea.

RITA- really can't see that happening, but it does seem SW6 will snake around RITA as Ug Swinger is leaving to make space too.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
i really hope SW6 doesnt interact with rita at all and the layout is in the valley/forest next to ugland

Well I think it's a given that SW6 will interact somewhat with RITA as the Corkscrew site is being cleared to install the new ride. :wink:

Mark

Strata Poster
Tehe.

If anything they might have to have Rita closed for a short period in order to take pieces out and then reassemble when done.

Does anyone know what the access routes in the area are like?
I can't see any lorries getting under the launch track and round that way?

Slash

Giga Poster
^ Yeah but underneath the launch track is that space that says keep clear in front of those garages, the lorries will just park there, how they get there im not sure but at least those pointless garages will have some use.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
^ That's a good point, I think there is a sizable gap towards the back of the Corkscrew site where RITA did not completely seal off Corky into the wooded section.

Construction is sure going to be interesting seeing as there's the main site, then also the Ug Swinger area, then also possibly part of the valley being used. Tho I think it's a long shot that the ride will be that big... who knows.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
With corkskrew, it's queueline, the photo-booth area and such all gone... There is actually a heck of a lot of space there. Like, enough for a coaster to go out away from the Corkscrew site behind Rita past the end of it's launch... Near Ug-Swinger, which is also being moved? And there is LOADS of space behind Ug Swinger too.

Mark

Strata Poster
But doesnt the Winch house kind of get in the way? The only way to get to UgSwinger is to go under the launch in front of the winch house isn't it? (That is in terms of how they will get the new stuff in as mentioned earlier)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The ride has already been created. There are flags around the back of Ug Land where the layout will be. Work will start as soon as Corkscrew has been removed. In 2009, construction of the ride itself will be underway. During this winter, ground work will be done and building will probably start in the new year, working up until winter 2009/spring 2010, for opening in June 2010 at the latest.
It will be a world first and completely unheard of before, and in keeping with the SW tradition, so expect some sort of sinister theme(Nemesis is themed on a monster, Oblivion on a futuristic military experiment, and Air is an oasis untouched by Nemesis). All the staff have been swearn to secrecy, and they wouldn't do that for a smaller ride. Expect the best.

Mark

Strata Poster
We kinda already knew that.... lol.

We know it is a world's first. We know that it is going in Ugland. We know it is for 2010 and we know it is going to be a Secret Weopan...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Not neccecarily. It will be a world first, so the most we will know is who makes it, and because they have been swearn to secrecy, they can't give anything away, so we may not see who makes it until building has begun, or they could build it under a canopy so no one else can see it, and search everyone for cameras when they enter the canopy.
I'm repeating what Barnes said yesterday, so yes, we do sort of know allready about it, but until then it had not been confirmed that it will be a true world first, big big ride. The ride has just been created, thats why they revealed the Corkscrew would be going in October, rather than a year early. They have been waiting for SW6 to be designed to remove it. Also, Alton want to keep the inversions of the ride, this could suggest SW6 will be some sort of Vekoma looping coaster. If it is, it won't be a tilt coaster, lets get that clear. The tilt section will be too big, unless they go into the valley

A

Anonymous

Coaster-Fiend said:
^Exactly.

They say it's top secret, but we will all know what it's going to be before construction begins.

How can you box it up already when there's no plans art statements or anything about what manufacturer or type or size etc. Lets all keep every option open until there's believable evidence.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
kitsune said:
Coaster-Fiend said:
^Exactly.

They say it's top secret, but we will all know what it's going to be before construction begins.

How can you box it up already when there's no plans art statements or anything about what manufacturer or type or size etc. Lets all keep every option open until there's believable evidence.

I wouldn't say I was 'boxing it up' by assuming we will know the manufacturer/design before construction begins.

That's just how it normally plays out with these things.

Thinking back to the '97 season... Does anyone know if any of Oblivion's track was visible to park guests late in the season or was the above ground stuff all built in the winter?

Also about Corky's inversions, they are just being kept to display right?

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
blaze123 said:
Also, Alton want to keep the inversions of the ride, this could suggest SW6 will be some sort of Vekoma looping coaster.

Eh? How do you work that one out? They're keeping the corks because they're iconic, nothing to do with the new ride whatsoever.

And I wouldn't read too much into flags in Ugland. I doubt they're marking out the layout, probably something completely unrelated.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
TarkaTrax said:
And I wouldn't read too much into flags in Ugland. I doubt they're marking out the layout, probably something completely unrelated.

Especially since they ain't even pulled Corky down yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.